• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Question for bluelighters who DON'T have kids...

Raz

Bluelighter
A'ight....parents can answer too, I guess....

I was just wondering...what's your attitude towards kids? Do you see yourself ever having any, or being happily childless? Is it important to you to perpetuate your bloodline? And have your attitudes changed over time, or do you think they will change?

My ex had two kids, and while I was happy being a kind of part-time stepdad, I don't have any desire to have kids of my own at any stage. I love kids and all...and without blowing my own trumpet I think I'm a good caregiver when I have to be, but ultimately I'm too focused on myself to want to do it. It's got nothing to do with being gay--one of the best parents I know is a gay guy who got all clucky in his 30's and had a son with a lesbian friend of his, and together they're awesome parents. I just don't think it's in my nature to want to take on that much responsibility for another human being...I'd rather just help out my friends and family with their kids so I can pack my bags and go home when I've had enough.

And as far as the bloodline thing goes...well to put it bluntly, my family's a pack of bastards, stepkids and white trash anyway, so it's not like there's some vast legacy that needs to be handed down...

What's everyone else's thoughts?

i dont have kids but love 'em

Originally posted by Raz
I was just wondering...what's your attitude towards kids?
You mean those little turds that run around biting your ankles and screaming consistently on your long plane trip ... yeah I love em 8)
/sarcasm out of system
Do you see yourself ever having any, or being happily childless?
I think i could probably be happy without children, but I definately desire at least one child.
Is it important to you to perpetuate your bloodline?
Hmm, not really I guess. Sure it would be nice, but its not my all-consuming desire in life. I think adoption would be as viable an option for me as having my own kids would be. It would be nice to continue my name, but I desire kids for reasons other than contributing my own stock to Darwins big pie of evolutionary humanity.
And have your attitudes changed over time, or do you think they will change?
I have always wanted kids. I used to want at least a few. Nowadays I only really desire one child (more is ok), but I don't want to be that stressed out parent dragging their 3 kids around on the bus or whatever.

---

I think I want to wait until I am somewhat financially secure and have a partner (obviously? maybe not). If I had more than one child, I would hopefully have them around 5 years apart. Children of a similar age are such brats and I could not be fucked controlling 3 young children all at once. I would love to have a boy, but would love him/her unconditionally anyway. It'd be nice if I had a son that turned out like my dad or I. That would make me very very happy. If he turns into an unemployed heroin addict, I will love him anyway and be just as happy.

I played a huge part in raising my 6 year old sister half-sister and after that experience, really desire to be a parent. At the ripe young age of 19, i'm pretty much ready for kids and know that I have what it takes to raise and care for a child. Obviously the final decision is somewhat up to the female involved, but if I *accidently* got a girl pregnant, I would not get an abortion (although I'm generally pro-abortion BTW). Anywayz, willing parties (preferably female) should drop me a pm plz.

:) :)

after growing up in an area where the majority of girls from my yr 8 class are already having their 2nd children (im 20), i've been completely turned off having kids.

I love little kids......i think babies are cute too but i'm not at all lookin forward to the whole nappies thing or whatever.....but i love little kids yeah.....i wanna have a couple, 3 at the most i think....i dont think "perpetuating my bloodline" isn't really the right term for me, i think its more i'd love the challenge and to have a little tacker to love and raise.....

*ponders* Why do people want to have kids really? Do I wanna have a little one just cause i love em? Hmm, i guess I have never really thought about it like that.....

But i know that when the time comes (when i'm married and set up a bit) i'll be all for it :)

people want to have kids because they are vain and want to see more versions of themselves running across the earth

that's my theory anyway

Mr Samadhi and i are looking forward to having kids... we do have things we want to do first together though...we're planning on travelling early next year, we're also in the process of slowlly renovating the house...once we've done that, then we'll start planning for kids...we want to be able to go to the doctors hoping i am pregnant, rather than hoping i'm not. :) It's not about perpetuating our bloodline or anything like that, i don't know...it's just a feeling you get...i guess it's called being clucky. I've always loved babies/kids, but never wanted any of my own until i met/married Mr Samadhi...he felt the same way.

I love kids! Everytime I see newborns I get clucky!

Okay, I'm only 23, so in no hurry whatsoever ....

But when I'm happily married, settled into a house etc ... kids are definitely next on the agenda :) 2 or three would be nice!

Ah kids are annoying, though I'm sure I'll have them oneday. - In the distant future!

shals :D

Do I want kids? Oh yeah, I'd love to be able to have kids once I'm in a stable loving forever-type of relationship. Can I have kids? Probably not. Lately I tend to look at it from the can't have kids angle because frankly I'm sick of medical treatment that doesn't work. The sad thing is despite all my amibtion and success in the business world I'd probably be much happier as a wife and mum and devoting my life to family :\

My sister's having a baby in the next month, she's all pregnant and big bellied and it's so cute and it's sad because I think of what I will probably miss out on... *shrug* I've always loved kids, always seen having kids as being a huge part of my life so my attitude towards it has changed for sure. I still hope to one day be able to have a little brat or two but I can't count on it so I tend not to think on it when making plans for the future... if I'm lucky then it will happen.

Hmmm, it's a tough one. I personally don't want children. I'm sure 1 would make me happy when I'm financially secure to raise them on my own and rah rah rah.

I wouldn't be disapoointed if I met a man that didnt want children. But I wouldnt really be disappointed if he wanted one (1) child either. I could warm to that idea.

i'm definately going to have kids, when i feel the time is right. i'd like to be more financially stable and preferrably be in a lasting relationship. but that being said, if i was to get pregnant in the near future i don't think i'd abort the pregnancy.

i love kids and i think they're the most fun to hang around. my ex has a son and i lived with them (the son was there only part of the time) for 2 and a half years. during some of the time my ex was sick and i did alot of the 'parent' stuff for his son, like travel the almost 3 hours to pick him up, wake up with him and get him ready, cooking and all that kinda jazz. and i loved it. i found it rewarding as i could see the benefit it was having for his son.

anyway, i love kids and i'll be doing my bit to populate this earth.

sorry if my ramblings are all over the place but i was woken up at 9am by a 5 year old who then chased a cat around the room and laughed when it jumped on my head. and he's been talking to me the whole time i've been trying to write this...he's so cute.

i know that i'll have children, but it's a lonnngg way off. pretty much i'm still a kid. i've got so much to learn and figure out for myself before i can even consider bringing a child into the world.
it's a huge committment and when do you come to the decision that yes, you are ready to commit to this full time job? because it is full time- for the rest of your life you're responsible for this child.
plus i'd have to think a lot about what sort of parent i'm going to be, what to do etc. because it seems like every little thing can influence your child.
what i'm not looking forward to is the fricken pregnancy... i'm really disturbed by the idea that something will be growing inside me. 8(

No kids for me! I think I am right over that idea.

I used to want them but now I am quite happy to be childless.

If I did fall pregnant unexpectantly I would probably feel a whole lot different.

I am a really good Aunty to my niece and nephews!

No children here.
When I get older - I will feel different.
I know this.
I see them as too much work, stress and money at this stage of my life.

Last edited:
No kiddies here either

I'll probably have one or two sometime in the future..

It'll make my mummy and daddy ever so happy...!!

You said parents could reply!

I was just wondering...what's your attitude towards kids?

They STINK! They're pretty darn cute though, and some of the things they do are enough to make your heart bust out of your chest. They're good company too :)

Do you see yourself ever having any, or being happily childless?

I have one (she'll be 1 in a few weeks), but I'd like to have at least one more. My husband would like to have 3 more. I had some health issues after I had my daughter, so depending on what happens with those, I'd be happy with just the one I have, but I'd be more happy with 2 or 3.

Is it important to you to perpetuate your bloodline?

Nope. To some extent it was important to pass on my husband's beautiful eyelashes. But no, having a baby had nothing to do with perpetuating my bloodline.

And have your attitudes changed over time, or do you think they will change?

Not really. I was always very intent on having kids, and I still am. They're not quite as horrible to care for as I had imagined, but ask me again when I have a house full of teenagers.

Im not a big fan of kids. I freak out when kids cry but I must admit that they are cute if they are quiet. When I was younger, I thought that pregnancy was the worst of having a kid then my mother constantly reminds me that there is more to that. As I grow older and start going out.. I realised how much of a trouble a kid is. Seriously, I have a lot of respect for my parents for putting up with a daughter like me.

My friend told me this before and it really hit me.. Lets say in the future, we end up having kids and they come to their teens age and start going out. Won't we start thinking what we were doing at that age and at that time of the night. If you're a goody goody, then its fine, but what about those who went out and party at the age of 14. Remember what you were doing then? ......

A little me running around? I don't think the world is ready for that.

honestly, not for about 10 years. maybe longer, and definatly not unless I was in a really great relationship that wasn't going anywhere, and had really good financial stability.

Apart from that, I've looked after a 6 year old a few times, its nice to be idolized and have worthy gran tourismo 3 competition :p

<-- has a bun in the oven...so yes, I do see myself having a child. Some time around December all being well.:)