Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GHB seized in Brisbane

starlet_girl

Bluelighter
Hey all...
Just thought you might like to know - I just heard a news update that two Brisbane guys were just arrested for trying to import 4L of GHB. That's all I heard sorry.

haha omg 4L, we're talking crime LORDS here ;)

Fuckin media lol.

They are calling it a seizure of date rape drug I might be fooled into thinking its a stunt related to the idea to move drink spiking to becoming a criminal charge. I am cinical though, but 4 litres isn't what I'd consider a huge haul.

Although I definately feel people who spike drinks should be strung up by their nutsack. I'm amazed its not already considered a crimnial act.

I think the media and police will be making any attempt to jump on and make examples of anyone trying to import GHB/GBL due to recent events however.

News.com.au

Couriers charged for fantasy haul
By Suzanne Klotz
May 5, 2004

TWO courier company operators were allegedly behind the importation of large quantities of the date rape drug fantasy from China, a court was told today.

Darcy David Taylor, 25, and Glen Christopher Cook, 28, both of West End in inner Brisbane, face charges in Brisbane Magistrates Court of importing prohibited imports, attempting to possess prohibited imports and aiding the importation of a prohibited import.

Fantasy is a party drug popular with nightclubbers and has also been linked to date rapes and deaths.

The prosecution alleges that four-and-a-half litres of the drug, imported in its liquid form - an odourless, colourless liquid known as Gamma-butyrolactone (GBL), was posted from China to a fictitious name and address in Brisbane and collected by an associate of the pair.

Cook and Taylor, who are partners in a courier business that services Brisbane and the Gold Coast, were arrested during a raid at West End yesterday.

Taylor and Cook, a New Zealand citizen, were both granted bail on condition they report three times a week to police and surrender any passports.

They were remanded to reappear for mention in Brisbane Magistrates Court on June 11.

AAP

lmfao at 4 Litres.

They were probably just G-Whores who didn't want to pay full price and decided they'll grab some cheap :p

Interesting that the report says it was GBL, wonder if they have that information correct. If so, then it would mean that had it gotten through, Brisbane would have possibly had real GHB floating around (had the dudes decided to do the simple chemical conversion we've haerd so much about in he media recently ;))

I highly doubt Brisbane would have had any more GHB floating around than any other state in Australia. As nearly everyone has pointed out, this was only four litres. I think Res hit the nail on the head. If it wasn't personal it certainly wasn't going to be exposed to any real percentage of the population of Brisbane.

4 litres of dilute or concentrate?
Although its still not a tremendous amount, 4 litres of concentrate is still a reasonably large qty. I doubt they would be able to claim that as personal use only :)

It would have to be concentrate. i.e

The prosecution alleges that four-and-a-half litres of the drug, imported in its liquid form - an odourless, colourless liquid known as Gamma-butyrolactone (GBL), was posted from China to a fictitious name and address in Brisbane and collected by an associate of the pair

You'd be an idiot to *buy* diluted G/1,4b from overseas

Hehehe...
This is so true.
But one thing I have learnt when it comes to drugs and people is never to underestimate a persons stupidity.

:)

G actually has quite a grotty taste doesn't it? i've only tried it once and can't remember properly.

Is it right to call it a date rape drug as it's got such a yuck and hard to hide flavour and thus readily detctable?

The taste leaves abit to be desired Ill admit, but its not that hard to disguise in a drink at all.
I know of people that will mix 10mls into a glass of juice and drink it, you cannot even tell its in there.
I can see how it is very easy to conceal in a glass of alcohol, which can be very dangerous anyway, as we are all aware, especially if the person has already had a few drinks.

4 litres of concentrated (saturated?) GHB = _________ doses?

I'm assuming it would be a significant number.

Well, AFAIK, 1,4b concentrate is mixed on a 1/7 ratio to make dilute (ie: 1 part concentrate to 7 water)
(Although I am sure this could vary from dealer to dealer, thats why it is always good practice to ask what the dilution is)
An average dose can be anywhere from 5mls-25mls depending on the person.
So 4 litres of concentrate is a few doses :)

it's somewhat disturbing seeing this kind of activity going on, especially knowing that the majority of the large quantities go undetected while such small amounts get jumped on. It'd be good if every vial of 1,4b that got sold was a 'harm reduction' pamhplette elastic band'd to the bottle.

:p

Keystroke: I know for a fact that we will be seeing alot more harm reduction literature being handed out at events etc from now on.

Its a start.

A typical dose is 2.5ml of concentrate. = 1000/ 2.5 = 400 * 4 (thats how munted got 1600 doses) :)