Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drink Spiking

Doomgurl

Bluelighter
Just wondering whether anyone has had their drinks spiked while they've been out and about, and whether you know what it was that ur drink was spiked with.

ALSO

what effects did you experience.

Cheers.

Doomgurl.

hahahahahaha....... i spike my own drink :), why waste the rohypnol? Though i doubt you can get rohynol in australia easily. But you will feel mega drunk after a couple of drinks, and won't be able to stand up straight. Walking will be a challange and you'll just feel in your own world, feeling drowsy as fuck... and may get kicked out of the club 8) and you'll forget the last 30 minutes before you pass out. Just make sure u with you friends and if u suspicious that your drink was spiked don't drink nemore...

*THIS IS SUSPICION*

One time i went out with a coupole of mates and a friend disappeared for about 2-3 hours. didn't know where he was. Thought he picked up or something...
He came back and looked a little confused, we asked where he was and he said he just woke up in the toilets with the door locked behind him... doesn't remember how he got there or anything. We just laughed it off and made some jokes about getting butt-raped.
But it was kinda freaky as well.
*EDIT* This was all after about 3 drinks

Last edited:
*SUSPICION*
there was this one time I was at southbank in brisbane with my gf at the time.
I had about 3 drinks in total, (at that time of my life, 20 drinks I'd still be fairly fine). I was insanely drunk after drink number two (why I had 3 is beyond me). it took about 20 mins after the second drink before I was on my arse and throwing up, blind drunk, and I can't remember most of it. I wasn't ill at the time, and I felt like I'd been ran over by a truck the next day.
I can't explain that, even today (I stopped drinking late last year), three drinks spaced out over an hour or so wouldn't have me like that.
sounds like what you describe lorenzo, but she kept stopping me from passing out. the entire night is blurry and I'm going of what I was told.

I only know a few details, but my friend said it was better then any MDMA pill she's ever had. She was lying on the ground and people were coming up to ask if she was ok and she thought they were aliens and glowing and stuff. She definately had her drink spike and was taken to hospital.

Way to get your NYE ruined eh.

and whats the go with ppl saying their drinks are spiked with xtc/speed/heroin ?

a relative of mine works as a drug and alcohol tester. his partner's daughter went to the big day out or something last year and came home the next day complaining of being spiked. she was carrying on saying how she only had 4 drinks and she was passing out and vomiting. she started saying that her drink was spiked with xtc cause all her friends were on it. she doesnt take xtc (and never has) so she was just drinking. i questioned her about how she felt and stuff and none of it mad sense. so anyway she did a urine test and NOTHING came up. still she blamed xtc. i blamed her not eating breakfast, 4 drinks, dancing in the sun for 5 hours. its a well known *fact* in that family that she was spiked with xtc now. 8)

Interesting, because I heard a news report on the radio this morning while on the way to work.
Apparently victorian police are going to start getting alot "tougher" with drink spiking incidents, the penalties for people that are caught spiking drinks are going to be made alot harsher, and will be treated as serious crime.
The report said that last year there were 1,400 reported cases on suspected drink spiking, and these involved rohypnol and "gbh"...yes they actually used the term "gbh".
These are only the cases that are reported, I am sure there would be many that aren't.
I was quite alarmed at this figure.
Drink spiking is dangerous and just plain stupid, I say bring on tougher penalties.

Victoria set to get tough clamp on drink spiking

Drink spiking is likely to be declared a serious crime carrying heavy penalties.

The law change, proposed by the Victorian Parliament's Drugs and Crime Prevention Committee, has won bipartisan political support.

The committee has also proposed tougher laws for people caught with chemicals used to make drugs, stricter safety standards for rave party organisers and mandatory drug testing for nightclub bouncers.

Health Minster Bronwyn Pike said yesterday the Government would consider the committee's proposals, but it is believed the drink spiking rule is the most likely to become law.

"It is a terrible thing to spike another person's drink," Ms Pike said.

The Victorian move comes after a national study by the Australian Institute of Criminology found that 1400 people were sexually assaulted each year after having their drinks spiked. Sixty per cent of spiking occurred in homes rather than at rave parties or licensed premises and most were pranks played on friends.

In March, Isabel Kenton, a 21-year-old aged care nurse, died after she told her grandfather her drink was spiked during a night out with friends at a Mornington pub.

The parliamentary committee's chairwoman, Carolyn Hirsch, said there was a clear need for a law to deal with drink spiking.

She said the proposal to force nightclub bouncers to undergo random drug tests was a response to anecdotal evidence that some were drug users.

She said sports people had to undergo random testing and "we think it is a pretty reasonable position" for bouncers to undergo checks.

The parliamentary report on party drug use has also proposed strict rules for rave parties, including standards on ventilation, "chill-out" spaces, first-aid training and the availability of drinking water.

The committee has also proposed that people who want to buy more than two packets of cold medication containing pseudoephedrine might have to produce photo ID in an effort to stop drug dealers getting their hands on the tablets.

Other proposals include the introduction of retractable single-dose syringes and a ban on so-called "pill testing kits" because they are misleading to drug users.

State Opposition police spokesman Kim Wells, a member of the committee, said Liberal members supported all of the recommendations.

He said the drink spiking law was clearly needed.

Jill Meade, manager of the Victorian drug user organisation VIVAIDS, said the drink spiking was most often related to sexually predatory behaviour.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/05/05/1083635204644.html

Other proposals include <irrelevant snipped> a ban on so-called "pill testing kits" because they are misleading to drug users.

now, this is disturbing...

if not just from an ignorant point of view...

Yes, that was the one part of the article that caught my attention to.

Although it really doesn't surprise me either, it seems that there is a general "if we make it illegal it wont happen" attitude out there towards some government bodies.
Lets not educate...lets just say "no" and forget it even happens.

Thanks for the article Sliip, I knew I wasn't hearing thing when I was half asleep on my way into work this morning.
:)