Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Weird physical feelings while rolling??

Loch

Bluelighter
Greetings all...just curious to see if anyone experiences some of the same things as me. Been partying on both speed & E (yes I party smart and am aware of some of the risks of poly my chems) for the last year and half or so but in the last 4-6 months been getting some strange side effects...

I find as time is going by the feelings are still intense...I only go partying about once every month maybe even every 2 and dont go that hard...a good nite maybe 2-3 points and perhaps 1.5-2 pills... and thats for an all nite rave and I am a big boy.

I still feel awesome and recover fairly well with some multivitamins and soft food the next day. I do a lot of exercise and gym in between to make sure I am healthy as possible to make sure my body can handle the punishment. I mean if you going to work it hard out you want it to be strong enough to handle the abuse right??

But here is the clincher....I have started getting real phlegmy (is that the spelling??) not only when I am out partying but during normal life as well. Its a sinusy almost headcold kinda of feeling.
I wake up and am a bit choked up. And I get it mildly throughout the day. The old hack & cough thing can dislodge it or even a listerin helps break it up too. Its right at the back of my throat but when I am out raving its worse. To the point where I have trouble swallowing if it gets too bad. And while rolling in a dark room with lots of heat & ciggy smoke as you can imagine its bad.
I even feel naseous if I let it get to bad and the constant effect of trying to swallow past it can make my stomach upset and makes me feel like being sick. Tried a few puffs of ventolin inhaler and listerines and airwaves gum and they give small time relief. Tried a nose inhaler with some kind of anti-histamine or allergy spray which clears up head colds and get a little bit of relief but my prob is I never had to do any of this before. If I keep active and dance a lot it stays pretty manageable but when I stop to just sit and spin shit with people it gets real bad.

I have been thinking about my lifestyle and the only thing that really has changed is my age (getting to my late 20s now) but if anything I am fitter now then when I started partying so not sure thats it. Other than that I am drinking a HUGE amount of coffee now...like a lot...say 4-6 coffees a day and maybe even a can of coke or two.
I have gone off the coffee and stopped drinking milk. Had a nurse friend tell me the constant sinusy/phlegm effect could be a reaction to too much milk. Will know this weekend what changes that might make as I am going raving sat nite but I know the caffiene rejection is causing some fun headaches!!

I feel I am starting to get a little old to rave but still enjoy it and would like to figure out why everything has changed.

Anyones input much appreciated...I spend a lot of time on here making sure I am educated and my friends stay safe. Respect all the work done here.

Yeah from my experience milk products can make it worse and also if you are a smoker..............you didnt say.

How long has it been happening cos sometimes it takes months to fully recover from a bad cold or flu and that is the last thing that will go in my experience.

Have you seen your GP? You might just have a lung infection that won't go away on it's own. If that's the case, your GP may prescribe a course of antibiotics to clear it up. Buy wait 'till after the weekend to start them.

I developed really severe lung, throat and eye irritation from working in a small and poorly ventilated nightclub. What seems to trigger it for me is smoke machines. The doctor gave me heaps of medications for it which did nothing (sorry can't remember which, was 5 years ago). Now when I go to clubs, I try to get outside every couple of hours and breathe in some non-rank air, then go crazy on the anti-oxidants the next day. Seems to do the trick.

Thanks for the input guys...
Mazdan - Nope I am not a smoker...never picked up the habit!
I am honestly pretty healthy...I rarely get sick....had the flu for 48hours this last 12 months and thats pretty much it. Have had 2 sickdays in 2.5 years...the boss loves me!!
Its pretty much been going on the last 6 months...since maybe Nov last year. For the first time ever I did a double header and went to two events one after another on the sat/sun nites at two different venues. On the sun nite is when I started feeling weird and choked up...and that made me feel like I was going to be sick as I mentioned... The "I want to be sick feeling" is so strong it overcomes the feel of the pill. Which obviously I dont want.

Tantra- I really dont party very hard at all...lots of time between events...and I do a lot of exercise...I think if I had a lung infection I might notice it when running or working out but I will check with my GP anyways...good sound advice!!

So far I have been milk free (and coffee) for nearly 48hours and I must admit I feel pretty good...I can breathe a bit easier and am not constantly feeling that little bit of phlegm at the back of my throat...and what I do feel I can dislodge fairly easily. Maybe no milk is the right choice...

Loch.............Unlikely that you had the flu if it only lasted 48hrs...........more likely a virus or a heavy cold.

Either one could leave you with that mucus prob and having had it, it does hang arround for ages and ages.

Tantra is spot on also in that it could well be a lung infection.............I have suffered pneumonia on quite a number of occasions and its not the nicest thing but its possible to have it and not be aware..........In my case i just thought I had a really bad cough and after about 5-6 weeks it started getting much much worse.........turned out to be pheumonia.............easily fixed via a xray and if proven then some anti biotics.

As discussed, milk could also be the probvlem or alternatly fuelling the prob.

See how you go in a weeks time.

I have found that it is not uncommon to feel abit "clogged" up when having a night of indulgence, and im sure it has something to do with the mucus membranes being stimulated or something of the sort, although I do find that happens more with RC's more than anything else.
I usually put my clogged feeling down to a smokey environment and also another question would be "how are you taking your meth/speed?", because if you are snorting this, 3-4 points (I think you mentioned) is a hell of alot of powder to be putting up your nose in one weekend, this will drip down the back of your throat and may also cause clog/irritation.
Just a thought.

Your not to old to enjoy parties in your late 20's :) I just turned 31 last week and Im partying just as hard as I always did...just a little wiser these days :)

i got a cold about 3months ago and i still went out every weekend and got on it. so i think i ran myself down and my body couldn't fight it so it just got worse. i still have it slightly but it's 90% better then a month ago. i should not have still gone out but you know what it's like...friday comes up and i can't help myself i wanna go out and party. i do not smoke but just go out to clubs every weekend and do pills. i think they really effect your immune system as my body can't fight anything these days. it wasn't really a cold after a while it was just like really congested in my lungs and nose. so after all that raving on what i'm trying to say is when you get a little cold or something and then still go out and get on it your body can't fight it. so take it easy remember your body can't take being up all night dancing and pilling all the time it needs time to chillout i reckon. it also doesn't in clubs when you have asthma and the whole club in soooo smokey that really gets to my lungs as well, when i come home in the morning i smell like a cigarette and i feel like i have smoked a pack. stay clean

Dvah is a spring chicken compared to me so I wouldn't be too concerned there Loch.

Re your side effects, a visit to the doctor never goes astray but its most likely an infection as a result of a flu. I don't think anyone would disagree that indulging appears to weaken your immune system to the degree that simple infections tend to have a greater degree of success.

I find that I'll party, catch an infection, start to get better near the end of the week before parting again and thereby completely trashing my immune system. The infection will be back and nine times out of ten it will be worse.

Healthy living and moderation works for me but its just not fun!!

:\

This also sounds a lot like an allergy related issue to me. It's quite possible that it may be entirely unrelated to your partying at all.

For example (and yes, it's a fairly remote theory, but) maybe one of your neighbours/properties near your workplace has recently planted a tree (or had one reach maturity) that has a pollen you are allergic too.

It may just be that the exertion on your body whilst partying (or the smokey atmosphere) may irritate/exacerbate your symptoms.

Get it checked out by a GP, I guess.

(Edit: spelling)

Personally, I am slightly sketchy when it comes to docotrs. I try to be honest with them, and they instantly diagnos ANYTHING I have, as "Drug Use".

"Doctor!! I need medical attention!"

"Do you use any recreational drugs?"

"Yes, MDMA, K, Canab...''

"Its the drugs!"

"But doctor, I was hit by a car which ran through the side of my hous..."

"DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Having said that, make sure your GP is cool.

Update: Well went out to event on Sat nite...didnt hit it large but certainly had a great time and enjoyed myself immensly. Rave environment with all the heat and noise & smoke. Same as usual.
I went a little harder on the speed than normal having maybe 2.5-3 points of some really awesome gear...spent quite a lot of time stompin but did feel the usual effects of being clogged up slowing coming on. Started out okay but got worse as nite went on and I slowed down. It was bad enough for me to wander into the toilet at bout 12.30 to have a mild heave (or I thought I was going to anyway). As per usual nothing comes up but the act of just having one heave makes me feel better for a while. It comes because the gunk at the back of my throat wont move and I cant dislodge it...and trying to by coughing/hacking makes my stomach heave. Once thats done I actually start feeling quite good for a while....
Only had half a pill cause I was curious if it was the pills causing problems (and the gas was good enough I didnt care anyway) but same same...
Had an awesome nite and I gotta admit it was better than the last couple of times I went raving but still there.
My guess...not having milk the week before (and maybe caffiene) made a difference....but didnt get rid of it. Had a whole pill at recovery next morn and felt great for several hours but the gunk was still there. All in all over a period starting 8pm and going through till maybe 11am I must have chewed my way though 2 packs of listerines...1 pack of anticol throat & airwave things and 8-10 puffs on a ventolin inhaler...enough for me to overcome the naseous feelings and still have a resonably good time...the tricky part is I didnt used to have to do this to go out and never felt this.

Jimity & DirtyB...actually have a very broadminded GP...no offence to anyones sexual preferences or choices but he is gay and I know from the friend who introduced me that he is cool and he has done enough exprimenting on his own. His sexuality doesnt bother me...been in the scene long enough to have met plenty of gay guys and not be bothered by it and lets face it gay men love their chemicals.

I kinda come the conclusion you guys have thrown out... it might be some kind of respritory or airwave infection..goin to see what he thinks in the next week or so.

Thanks for help everyone and play safe....