• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Party Drugs Initiative (survey closed - results link on p2)

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
Party Drugs Initiative - Please Help and Earn Cash! UPDATED 24/5

Researchers in capital cities around Australia would like to talk to people who use ecstasy. Face-to-face interviews take about an hour and are anonymous and confidential. You will be reimbursed $30 for your time and expenses. If you live in one of the following capital cities, get in touch with the research team for further information or to make an appointment. Leave your contact details (you don't have to use your real name) and someone will get back to you.

If you are in Hobart, Tasmania:
Phone the research team on 6226 2174 or email [email protected] from Saturday 24th April

For people in Perth, Western Australia:
Contact Fran at 9266-1610 or email: [email protected]

If you live in Melbourne, you can contact the research team by:

- calling 8413 8448
- texting your details to 0413 355 890
- email to [email protected]

If you live in Sydney:

Phone Beth on 02 9385 0241 at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of UNSW.

Details for other states coming soon!

(mods this could probably become a sticky)

Last edited:
Hi Bluelighters!

Finally we have our ethics approval for the Melbourne arm of the Party Drugs Initiative. The following statement can be added to the original post (and on pillreports front page)

If you live in Melbourne, you can contact the research team by:
- calling 8413 8448
- texting your details to 0413 355 890
- email to [email protected]

We appreciate bluelight's support in recruiting participants.

Last edited:
QLD?

Hi, Can you please let me know if you will be conducting this is Brisbane.

This will be happening in Brisbane, I just don't know when yet... Im sure somebody does know but they haven't told me yet.

mebbe you could also ask them to email me... just an idea ;)

^^
I saw a poster at uni (ANU) for what I assume is the same study asking for e-mails to be sent to [email protected]. I sent them an e-mail a little while ago and didn't get a response so I sent another one today.

Thanks I'll wing them an email as well. Did it mention anything about the cash? I'm all about doing it for the money.

yeah, it's kinda ironic what most people will be spending the money they earn from the interview on ;)

Just an update.

I went and had the interview for this study today. The guy was friendly, appeared to know his shit and was completely non-judgemental. Pretty much what I expected considering who is conducting this study.

So yeah, I encourage people to participate! It's not often drug users get to give an impression of what the drug scene is actually like and who drug users really are, so if you give a shit, go out and do it. It only takes an hour and it's for a good cause. :)

Oh and you also get thirty bucks which is alright...I bought a CD!

I believe so. I did the Canberra one yesterday and he said they were doing it for like 3 or 4 more weeks, so the other states ones should be still going as well.

If you need info for the canberra one,
0439 794 591 or email [email protected]
you can ring or sms the dude

Other states I don't know the info for but they're either in here or...not happening. I don't know. The Canberra info wasnt posted in here but there were little posters around the university that was conducting it advertising it and its all part of the same Australia-wide study.

Thanking you buddy ;) im actuall more intersted in the victorian interviews seeing as a reside in albury/wodonga but i will be in melbourne this week so CBM or other fellow BLers from melbourne help would be muchly appreciated ;) cheers!

mebbe you could also ask them to email me... just an idea

I have done this.. might try again.. not sure why it hasn't happened yet, although one thing to note is that the different cities don't have a coordinated recruitment strategy - and they may just be settling for their own strategies, for whatever reason.

Might suggest some sort of coordinated strategy for next year!

btw melbourne researchers are still interviewing, please contact us if you are interested, details in first post! cheers!

hehe it was me who suggested a coordinated strategy last year, but it seems although everyone agreed, it wasn't carried thru. anyways here are the Sydney details which I got today:

If you live in Sydney:

Phone Beth on 02 9385 0241 at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of UNSW.