Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Weird e experience

en00b

Bluelighter
Hi all. I am about to describe some of the weirdest shit I have ever experienced. Being very new to e's and having never experienced something like this before, I thought I'd see if anyone has felt the same thing or could shed some light as to why this happens to me. As I said, I am very new to e's and only started taking them about 6 weeks ago and have so far had 8 pills. The first pill I had was a beige A. I was in a club at the time, and felt the pill come on in about 45 minutes. I experienced all the usual rushes, jaw clenches, wobblies and lovey-dovey that most describe and peaked for about 3 hours. I left the club around this time for home. About 20 minutes later when I got home the weird shit began to happen. I could feel myself coming down, but added to that I would also get what only can be described as "full body clenches". The best way to explain would be to say these things came on in waves. I could feel myself slipping into a really dopey state of mind (almost like a trance state, I knew I was slipping in but I couldn't wake myself from it or say anything about it), then suddenly I would get this weird tingly feeling inside, then all of a sudden all my muscles would contract to the extent that onlookers said I looked like I was in pain from my facial expression (I have actually webcammed myself doing this and would agree that I look like I'm in pain). The clench varied lasting about 15-30 seconds. After this I would be fine again and alert as can be and up talking again. Then the whole cycle would start again. These waves would continue for a good 4-5 hours in ~15 minute periods until my body was exhausted and I would just fall asleep. And 8 pills later I am still doing the same weird shit. Whilst I have these clenches I am in absolutely no pain whatsoever. As a matter of fact I quite like them because after I feel utterly refreshed. However, sometimes they do come quite strong and I tense so hard that the next day I can feel the muscles in my back/neck are quite worked. It is also noted that marijuana intensifies and extends the overall cycle. This is not the end of the story yet, but I would like to field some comments before I continue. Any questions or clarifications you need, please ask.

I remember something similar when I first started.
My whole body clenching, comming in waves as you describe. Sitting there not able to move.

I think it has to do with your low tollerence, as i get NOTHING like this now.

Im thinking that would be scary to me if i was with you as I havent heard anything like that before.

So what your saying is that this has happenned every time??

You say you have taken 8 in total...........was this on 8 different occasions and how far between each drop??

erba: thanks for that. sounds reassuring that possibly I might eventually stop doing it.

MazDan: yes, as I said my friends are quite scared of it, but I cannot stress enough to them I am having the feeling of my life. Yes, this does happen everytime only on the comedown. I have taken 8 in total over a period of 6 weeks. A couple of weekends in the 6 weeks I double dropped.

Originally posted by en00b
A couple of weekends in the 6 weeks I double dropped.

That is very stupid, you have double dropped more than once and you have only been having MDMA for 6 weeks!? 8o Unless you are aiming to rapidly increase your tolerance then I suggest you never double drop again. MDMA has a limit where the positive effects gained from the chemical are reduced, and the negatives predominately plague the experience. If you want to continue to enjoy MDMA for at least the next two years I suggest you read what other people before you have said on reducing your frequency and dose.

Are you on any medication such as antidepressants of any kind?

Last edited:
From my experiences and those of others this is a typical feeling esspecially if you smoke pot after a big night, it happens with MDMA and also Amphetimes.

What cowboy said is true, even though he could have put it in a much nicer way..........dont worry you get used to that around here after a while.

I guess if its enjoyable to you and your feeling that there are no long term affects that everything ios fine...........but i would tend to be careful if I was you.

As Cowboy said, it would be a good idea to have a long read of some of the stuff you will find in the ecstasy info forum on this site..............they have an FAQ which is quite brilliant and will help you to understand what the problems are withj taking it to regularly.

What your saying though is not normal to my knowledge and that in itself is probably cause for concern.

Maybe you need to try taking only half and see what happens then.

Cheers

Milk of Magnesia has been known to reduce muscle tension pre-roll.

Try a magnesium diet suppliment before the next time you roll.

Well i definatly used to smoke, its got to do with a very high dose with low tollerence. it only happend for the first few times with me. And they were a high single dose of MDMA. (pink safe sex)

Thanks Cowboy. I have read through these forums and know that hitting the ground running like I did is (and should have been) a no-no. Definitely in moderation from now on. I'm not on any sort of anti-depressent.

Motoman - interesting you should say that, because all my regular MDMA taking friends have never seen or heard anything like it! Good to know I'm not the only one.

Anyway, as I mentioned before, this is not the end of the story. Last Friday my girlfriend, mate and I decided to drop at home. So we drop 1 each at 10pm and all goes well. Skipping the bits in between, we start to comedown at ~2am and I start doing my body clench. Both my gf and mate had both seen it before on numerous occasions so it was just normal to them. Anyway, I hit rockbottom so we decided to have some cones to pick us up. Didn't work for the gf and she passed out asleep. But me and my mate stayed up til 6am and weird freaky shit happened. My mate had already been taking pills for a while and the first time he saw me doing it he was freaked out. I explained the feeling to him and he was a bit skeptical at first but then just got used to it. Anyway, the cones we had picked us right up and we were up and about being chatty again. However, I was still having regular body clenches. He decides it would be fun to predict when I lost conciousness of everything by saying "gone" when he thought so. If I remembered him saying “gone” that meant he was a bit before my unconciousness but if I didn't it would have been after. So he got pretty spot on in predicting when I "lost it". We did this for like 2 hours and by then our brains were pretty jumbled. So we decided to pull some more cones. This picked us up again so we were out on the balcony having a smoke. I had one of my clenches, and I can't explain but basically my mate had one as well. And he was fucking dumbfounded both out of being scattered and surprised. As the night continued, he learnt how to jump onto these waves and we were pretty much on the couch writhing in pleasure. The really weird thing was, it was like we were both experiencing exactly the same feelings at the exact same time. We could feel a wave building up and when it peaked we both clenched. I would say my mouth was really fucking pastey and he said he felt the same thing. He said his arms were warm and straight after my arms were warm. Extremely fucking weird for both of us. We played with this for another hour or so and then we kinda got out of sync. He would be having his spasms whilst I was being normal and vice versa. But we found that if we hit cones really hard it would put us back in sync. Sorry if this sounds strange, it’s the best I can do in putting it on paper.

dude ive had some pretty big benders before. all weekenders and such. been around pills for a few years now and never seen anything like this clenching, except maybe very minor body(muscualar) spasms after too much amphetamine/methamphetamine use. sounds kinda odd. personally, i would try to find a doctor fairly open to drugs and tell him whats going on.
different people have different tolerances. maybe your mentally enjoying it, but your neurochemistry is so fucked up your body is getting these clenches for some reason, i dunno. id suggest going to bed when you come down or limit your bong sessions. just sounds abit strange to me.
party safe dude.

MOTOMAN said:
From my experiences and those of others this is a typical feeling esspecially if you smoke pot after a big night, it happens with MDMA and also Amphetimes.
I agree, I've experienced periodic *gentle* body spasms (ie. not violent convulsions or particularly concerning in any way) when having large doses of THC after MDMA and other amphetamines.

What I'm describing seems to me to be almost like a voluntary convulsion of the abdominal and other large muscle groups, coming in well-separated 'waves', usually getting worse after more drugs or less sleep, and usually becoming prevalent in the few minutes after smoking more marijuana. I've not looked into it deeply so I can't rattle off a suitable explanation. But as mentioned above, if you don't like it or you're worried for your health, ease up on the drugs and/or see a doctor.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
A friend of mine had an experience that might be relevant to this discussion...

Firstly, his natural tolerance to MDMA seems to be really really low...half of one of the blue aliens that were going around at the start of this year got him _completely chopped_, like more chopped than I have ever seen anyone. Couldn't walk properly, jaw going INSANE, eye-wiggles that are better described as eye-JERKS, and *constant* hallucinations. A total mess off a half. His tolerance to weed is also quite low, although not unusually low for someone who doesn't smoke every often. His tolerance to meth is lower than normal as well. Anyway...

One night a while ago we were all sitting around on drugs (as you do). He had half a reasonable pill, and was fairly fucked up for about two and a half hours. As soon as the pill started to wear off, he smoked some weed, and then smoked a few very large hits of some potent crystal meth.

As soon as he finished the meth he just completely seized up. All of the muscles in his body seemed to tense very hard. He couldn't speak, and he couldn't unclench his fists. He couldn't move at all except that his knee was bouncing up and down *really* fast. It had me really worried for a while, but after about an hour and a half of total immobility except for that knee, it wore off and he just collapsed, like all his muscles loosened completely at once.

He said that he had no real memory of what went on and didn't find the experience really traumatic, although it was damn traumatic for me who was having visions of us having to take him to hospital. He hasn't touched drugs since.

After a little research I thought that he might have had a seizure, although they don't usually last so long do they? My other theory which I thought of was basically 'too much dopamine'. Dopamine has a role in regulating movement and he had pills (which inhibit dopamine reuptake), meth (which inhibits dopamine reuptake), and weed which I think is also a dopamine reuptake inhibitor?

So is what happened to my friend a more extreme version of what en00b describes? Or is it something different?

Cowboy Mac said:
Originally posted by en00b
A couple of weekends in the 6 weeks I double dropped.

That is very stupid, you have double dropped more than once and you have only been having MDMA for 6 weeks!? ...

Sorry, winding back the convo a little, but just curious (and maybe clearing something up) - did you both mean "double drop" as in literally dropping two pills at the same time, or have two pills sequentially over an evening (ie: one after the initial one wore off)?

Just thinking that a new user may be being caught out by da lingo :)

hi, intense shaking of the arms or legs is a sign of speed overdose, if thats what is going on with his leg immagion how nutts his heart would be going. you should have taken him to he hospital, keep that in mind if it happens again

I have often experienced a lot of muscle tension from MDMA, particularly if I smoked pot as well. Usually though, for me, it would be just my neck and back that would be really tense. They would usually hurt for days afterwards. Or I would get one muscle, say in my thigh, that would repeatedly spasm then relax. Taking magnesium helps a little.

what you describe sounds more severe, but it also sounds like you are "going with the flow" and letting these spasms happen. Maybe next time, try to relax instead and see whether the whole thing just peters out.