Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

E comedown + codeine

bill joe

Bluelighter
Hey

Just experienced codeine for the first time the other night , quite enjoyed the feeling it gave. Any way my friends had some codeine after comming down from pills they had consumed and said that it was very helpful , just made them nice and relaxed and gave them a good sleep. From my experience i could see how it would defently be good for a come down

Just wanted to know if there are any dangers in mixing this on the comedown. IF not be pretty helpful for a number of people.

Last edited:
You're not being particularly nice to your liver, and there is also the issue of mixing stimulants with depressants, which is not particularly nice to your cardiovascular system.

Having said that, I've done the two together and followed by one another with no side effects. I should point out that I've always stuck to moderately low doses because I'm one of those guys who is plastered off half as much as everyone else :)

If you'd had a huge night out (multiple pills, speed, etc) it is probably worth avoiding for the sake of your general health. And be aware of the double depressant effect if you're doing something like taking GHB on the comedown, and considering codeine. Depressants often potentiate each other, leading to unnecessary complications like unconsciousness, difficulty breathing, etc... Which may require a hospital visit :\

So yeah, they're relatively safe in my experience, but that's no reason not to be careful :)

I enjoy codine on the comedown. It doesn't provide any majorly noticable euphoria, but when combined with a few cones it puts me in a pretty chilled out state :)
It's an opiate so it helps with the generally worn out / achy body feeling I get the day after.
Just remember as usual if you're new to a substance to start out with low doses to evaluate your (natural) tollerance level.

Codeine is the only way I comedown these days. I usually take 1-200mg if I'm going to bed or 50-75mg if I'm charging on. I used to use Unisom, but the nearest chemist that sells them since I moved is about a 30min drive. So codeine seems to be the only way to land a cheerful evening.

Be good to hear of some others experience with codeine on the comedown if possible.
cheers

I stayed up all night on mushrooms while camping last summer, after coming down around 5am we took some codeine, smoked a bowl, packed up our stuff and drove home. The codeine definitely removed any post-trip edgyness and exhaustion.

In fact, the drive home was probably the best part!

Opiates and benzos are both so helpful with any drug comedown.

I would use codeine on a comedown if it wasn't for the fact that for me, any noticable effects from codeine are accompanied by a very uncomfortable histamine response...codeine isn't worth the itch for me.

That said, I have used oxycodone which is a much stronger opiate with a much lower histamine response compared to the high, and I was fine. Opiates are the best thing for a comedown, but they're a little too nice for me to do regularly.

Codeine is quite useful for comedowns.

Myself, I whack a huge shot of H :D

it does have a laxative effect which depending on what youve been up to can not always be the best

Opiates don't have a laxative effect...they make you constipated...

In fact, codeine in my experience makes you more constipated than any other opiate, including heroin.

Due to some amazing luck, a wisdom tooth decided to begin to rape my gums on tuesday. So I went and got myself some codeine while waiting for x-ray results.

The weekend was quite a nasty one, and the codeine really has taken the edge of my scattyness and my moodyness is a hell of a lot less disturbing.

Next time I chomp, I'll make sure I have some codeine on hand for experimentation purposes

satricion said:
Opiates don't have a laxative effect...they make you constipated...

In fact, codeine in my experience makes you more constipated than any other opiate, including heroin.

oops. :eek: slighlt different yeah.

Codeine is good to "take the edge off" trips, and the euphoria is more noticeable. Benzos on top make you feel very cozy. Marijuana goes well with it. What I like most about it is its ready availability.

I originally thought opiates do no damage to your body, but have heard hearsay of possible liver damage from codeine; I assumed this referred to paracetamol instead, since many codeine preparations contain it. Can anyone explain the mechanism of this supposed hepatotoxicity.

To add to xherrus post , if it is the paracetamol or other substances contained within the codeine pills causing the liver damage , would cold water extractration of the codeine prevent this.

Last edited:
Bill joe << Yeah it would, I believe... the extraction leaves a pretty small amount of paracetamol in the solution.

The solubility of paracetamol in cold water (21° C) is about 1 gram/150mL so there would be even less when you extract it, because you use even colder water. So I don't think you need to worry about liver damage from the paracetamol, unless you take a lot of it it for a long time; someone correct me if I'm wrong here.