Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ice Question

sherlock

Bluelighter
Ive done some searching and nothing really answers this question.

I smoke ICE occaisionally and the most recent time i smoked i came across a rocky part that did not burn.... this obviously isnt ICE but does anyone know what it could be??

Read the first thread wazza linked you to. I'll be suprised if you've got any questions left after that.

yeah, that thread is awesome, i've bookmarked it...has it been archived or a brief faq made? useful info

havent read the links but if your using a lightbulp pipe, sometimes a small piece of glass chips off and falls in, have drivien myself crazy trying to smoke up a small piece of glass before...

You obviously havn't searched 1st asked 2nd but lets not get all preachy on you ;) Theres even this thread on the 1st page .Cutting agents for rock

If it doesn't melt it would usually be salt.

But I suggest having a read through the nanna thread, its gold :)

I've browsed through the threads and am unable to find the answer I'm looking for. I could have missed it, but anyway, is anyone aware of a cutting agent which cannot be differentiated visually from methamphetamine crystals and BINDS into the crystals i.e. most parts are definately methamphetamine, but some parts (off the same bit chipped off a block) are not.
It will not vaporize under normal circumstances, it takes a lot of heat before it will liquidify and when it does, it's a brown liquid that has a chemical taste, and it will vaporize very unwillingly after prolonged heating and the resultant smoke is neither psychoactive nor voluminous (little smoke is produced). The problem here is, the unknown brown liquid cut (from "perfect" crystals, in terms of color and other visual cues) solidifies very quickly and recrystalizes into a brown crystal that would require a lot of heating before it can be liquidified again. It has a high boiling point, it takes a long time before it will vaporize and it's not sugar. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. It's not a matter of any urgency, just in for informational purposes.

The previously stated inpurity seems to qualitatively lead to an even greater lowering of seizure threshold. Here are some photos to help in identification:

msm_meth_rocks.jpg

The product

macro_msm_meth.jpg

The product with a bit broken off the larger chunk (crystal suspect to contain very little methamphetamine)

msm_meth_pipe.jpg

This is the glass device used to smoke the product - note the colorization when it re-crystalizes.

msm_meth_pipe_macro.jpg

This is a look into the small tube - much of the matte brown colored crystals are at the end.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ahhh, i've seen this going around recently. Some call it space dope too because of bizarre psycoactive effects it produces (hallucinations etc.) When heated it slowly turns into a brown to black mess. Does get you off though but in a shitty kind of way. I suspect poorly manufactured meth with traces of iodine in it. Perhaps a lot of it is iodo-meth and other intermidiates before pseudo-ephedrine is converted to meth. This can result from an under-cook (iodo-meth) or a too hot cook too quick. (All info available publicly by doing a search of the net).

Thanks for replying Runner2. Yeah, it does seem to produce sleep deprivation type visual distortions after only several hours past T+ 0:00. Very high body load too...it's a stroke waiting to happen. ;)

^^ What makes you think its a stroke waiting to happen? Have you measured your blood pressure? I didn't notice any difference in "body load" (whatever that means). A stroke doesn't just happen. It usually happens in people already predisposed to it, people with naturally high blood pressure or as a freak rare event. Having meth by itself only minimally raises the chance of a stroke - much like walking along a street and not a path and getting run over by a bus.

Oh, I have existing hypertension and my last hospital trip (about a year back) was due to a "hypertensive crisis", BP at 220/110. That was the day I thought I was going to kick the bucket. But I didn't. I have passed out many times while on meth runs. It takes a heavy toll on me, but yet...well, you know.
Anyway, I don't literally mean I'm going to have a stroke now...my BP is 180/95 (just got it measured a minute ago at the clinic opposite my office while getting my script), which is okay, I guess.
I told the doctor I drank too much coffee.
I'm not very responsible when it comes to meth, so I shouldn't actually be talking about things like this. My apologies.

Interesting photos sixthseal, a possible bad/dangerous batch/cut I thankfully have not seen before. With a known heart condition be very careful with stimulants, this you probably already know.:\

Thanks for your concern, appreciate that. I will be careful and limit my use to two days maximum. I did go to a doctor just now to check my BP and pulse rate and filled some scripts. I guess the important thing is to remember never to miss a dose of clonazepam (for me, since I'm bzd dependant).
About the batch...it does have methamphetamine like qualities but qualitatively has a higher body load. I'm also curious about the color properties and high boiling point of this crystals...

last night i smoked some of the crustiest meth ive ever tasted, when it smoked up it tasted like EXTREMELY strong iodine... *shudder*... the taste was bad enough to make me stop smoking it. and not much stops me from smoking the good stuff!!!

it was clear in crystal form and burnt clear... would this be the above stated iodo-meth compound from undercooking?

i suppose my lungs are nice and iodised now, yum yum

Might sound patronising, but are you smoking it efficiently? If the flame is too close it will start bubbling and slowly go a shade of brown, varying very light brown (normal residual stain) to a thick blacky brown caking of residue. As i understand it, this is because the meth is burning instead of vapourising. My meth is fine, except when i hold the flame to close, which produces a slightly darker liuqid and an unpleasant taste. By the, way, at face value the crystals appear almost flawless, with crystal clear, well formed shards. No noticeable impurites.

But im not a chemist, so if anyone else has a more factual theory, please prove me wrong...

^^
You have a very good point there, and no offence taken - I was thinking along the same lines since I was forced to make do with this tiny glass bottle that used to be filled with unknown pharmaceuticals (cleaned and dried before use).
However, I changed the glass tube to a new one (it's contains pills for stomachache or something, I can't read the label) and used a syringe/needle lighter when I got back from work on Saturday.
This is a small gauge syringe fitted into the valve of a normal lighter to produce a tiny blue low intensity flame and I made sure that it did not come into contact with the glass at all i.e. indirect heating.
It still did not produce the voluminous smoke I expected...the other samples all consistantly displayed wonderful vaporization with thick, dense smoke, even with direct lighting.
Switching to a needle lighter with indirect lighting did not liquidify the crystals until about 5 minutes (but that's not an issue with needle lighters...the syringe tip will not overheat with prolonged use, unlike a normal lighter with a metal cap. It took about 3 minutes after that to vaporize and the smoke expected from the crystals put wasn't up to the expected range.
Thanks for bringing the direct heating issue up again, I always seem to favor direct heating, which has never caused me any problems before (but then again the device was thicker and probably more heat resistant than these flimsy things. Appreciate your input, cheers!