Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Courier Mail 21/04/04 - Man charged after LSD seizure

Flexistentialist

Bluelight Crew
This is a very sad day for LSD lovers. And so soon after bicycle day...

Man charged after LSD seizure

21 Apr 04

A 52-year-old Byron Bay man has been arrested following one of the nation's largest seizures of the hallucinogenic drug LSD.

Australian Federal Police said they had seized about 190ml of suspected liquid lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) and 212,000 tabs of paper allegedly being prepared for LSD distribution, after a series of raids on premises in northern NSW.

The man was charged under the Customs Act with possession of a commercial quantity of LSD reasonably suspected of being imported, possession of prohibited drugs, cultivation of a prohibited plant and manufacture of prohibited drugs.

The man is expected to appear before the Byron Bay Magistrates Court on Friday.

^
cultivation of a prohibited plant - or how to add insult to injury...

Just saw this on the news. Looked like more then 190ml though.....

Looks like there is going to be a whole lotta reality going on in Byron for a bit.

"We are very pleased that we were able to prevent this lot of lysergic acid or LSD from hitting the streets," he told reporters.

What a dis-illusioned human being.. if he only knew the true potential of this stuff.. hopefully there will be more LSD to fill the void of this seizure.. lucky my dealer bought in bulk before this happened

190mls, if pure and concentrated, is a LOT of LSD.

If there are 20 x 50ug trips (low dose I know) in 1 milligram, that makes 20,000 per gram.

As 1ml of a saturated solution contains roughly 1 gram, that makes:

190 x 20,000 or a massive 3,800,000 trips.

Enough to kill an elephant 8(

If it makes the acid lovers feel any better, I'd say there'd be more acid around. From reports, the stuff seems to be made in larger batches, and I'd be very surprised if this was intercepted at, or close to it's origin. The manufacturing charge would surely apply to making up doses, rather than the chemical itself, as an LSD lab in Aus would be big news worldwide.

Saw the bottles on Sunrise this morning & got thinking...from the above link:

Mr Jevtovic said the liquid LSD, which was found in 19 small bottles, had the potential to make about four million tabs, each selling for about $12.

With no idea on exactly what the surveillance entailed, why put all his eggs in the one basket? Working on the assumption that he is always being watched, I'm wondering if it would've been possible to sneakily stash the bottles in different places, even offloading to others.

Then again, he may already have done that.

according to the report they still havnt done the chemical analysis on this LSD.. how they could they have estimated the number of hits it would contain? its rather confusing to me.. but the media could say LSD causes people to grow horns out the top of their head and shit blood for 2 weeks and people would believe. The media generalises LSD and calls it a narcotic.. they dont say what it does.. and how it has helped many people , including myself... it really gets me down because LSD was my cure from years of mental illness..

I heard a quote on the radio this mornign where the police inspector (or whatever) was calling it a 'dangerous drug'.

How so? i'd seriously love to know.

tossers.

He would have to have been an extremely experienced (read 52 years old) man.

If anyone here has ever read anything about the LSD synth it is extremely complicated synthesis involving different kinds of lighting (generally photographic darkroom style stuff) which can be bought at a photographic supplier. Many of the MDMA synthesis chemicals can be bought from photographic suppliers so im guessing this guy got picked up from either talking on his phone about it OR by buying all the lighting and equipment from a photo supplier and the cops tracking him down that way.

Either way.. that is a shitload of LSD if the police havent overstated things.

A sad day for the trippers out there :(

endlesseulogy said:
according to the report they still havnt done the chemical analysis on this LSD.. how they could they have estimated the number of hits it would contain? its rather confusing to me.. but the media could say LSD causes people to grow horns out the top of their head and shit blood for 2 weeks and people would believe. The media generalises LSD and calls it a narcotic.. they dont say what it does.. and how it has helped many people , including myself... it really gets me down because LSD was my cure from years of mental illness..

I feel sorry for you. Unfortunately these people are not educated like many of the bluelighters and their ignorance is just their demise. People arent stupid (or maybe they are)

well that means I'm gonna have great difficulty scoring any acid next trip up to byron...damn

^^ What! You actually know the guy? ;)

Seriously though, it's unlikely it was "straight off the boat", so besides the $$s lost, there's bound to be more around, particularly as it was probably (as most is round those parts)through those who never seem to come unstuck. It will be interesting to see what details emerge, and If it was the sum total, word will soon be out.