• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

has everyone "gone hard" at some stage in their drug-taking lives?

onetwothreefour

Bluelight Crew
i'm just wondering, because i haven't, and i don't *really* plan to. first off, please understand that i'm not trying to take some elitist stance here, whereupon i get on my high horse and tell you all how stupid you are 'cause i take less drugs. i don't give a fuck about that - people can do whatever the hell they want to their bodies, and the mere fact that they're at least taking care of themselves in a hm kinda way (reading bluelight, obviously) absolves any doubt of this, imo.

what i do wonder, though, is whether everyone has "gone hard" - i'm sure we all have varying degrees of what this means, but... - whether it was a twelve pills per weekend habit for six months, or a meth-crazed year that you can't even recall, whatever, or even just pills every week or two (if that's what you see it as).

i guess what i want to know is whether i'm in the total minority, in that i keep my 'hard' (and yes, i know how debateable that term can be) drug use (or try to, at least) to fairly minimal levels - never weekly, and generally only monthly. of course, i've been known to abuse some substances, but i'm happy in my own mind with what i've done...

1234, you're not alone. And I agree with what you are saying. It's not a moral standpoint, it's just about doing what's right for me. I take it easy because I see no point in rushing things. I've got an entire lifetime to experience things in. I also kinda like my normal headspace and know my body won't tolerate much abuse.

In the end I guess it's all about how comfortable you are yourself with your own useage patterns.

:)Smiley

Since December ive been going pretty hard, nearly every week.. on the weekend i went for 4 days (chems only 2 of them), but i like to believe i take some care in what i do, like i always pre and post load with 5htp etc.. and i know when enough is enough (with pills anyway)

i know it wont last forever but atm im still having the time of my life

I went hard on Saturday night :p

... or I like to think I did, at least ;)

I never went hard on anything other than weed (which, in South Australia, is something most people do anyway :p). I was smoking about $80 a day, but my friends had hydroponics set up on their properties in the hills so it was all free. That's the hardest I ever went.

Oh, and alcohol. I was a full-blown alcoholic for awhile there.

there was a time that i didn't really care about the consequences of my actions or the possible harm i could be doing to myself. The ability to control yourself comes with age and responsibility for some, but for others (1234) that just comes naturally.

Even now if i could afford to i would probably overindulge on occasion, but as i get older it takes a lot longer to recover from a decent drug binge.

Having a house to pay off puts money in perspective, i dont live in a place where a dozen pills will only cost me 50pound so i behave because i have too. I do enjoy "going hard" on occasion when i can, but hopefully responsibly (if there is such a thing)

semi chronological

went semi hard with alcohol... 14-18

ive gone hard with XTC b/w ages of 16 and 19. 1.5 yrs of that being nearlly every weekend, or if not that much, a fucking large amount of pills consumed... (there was actually a stage at this point from doing it so much, i was so fucked in the head i thought to myself fuck if i died today i wouldnt even care, prettgy messed up! lol... and a bit skinny)

actually ive also gone hard at this stage with E, ketaimine and other stimulants at this point.

Ive gone hard with Acid nearlly a whole year a lot of the weekends that year...

Ive gone hard combining G, Acid, Mushies, meth for a good while at many parties.

Ive gone semi hard with meth every weekend. (probably most recent)

Ive been mashed a lot over the past few years but i dont generally go too hard anymore, a fair bit past the getting mashed for the sake of getting mashed phase.

I now generally only go hard at a festival (camping festival), but even then i dont go as mashy as i used to, i just get to a certain level of mashdness and dont go furhter :) hehe

Last edited:
I had one week after the passing of a friend a year ago that was what i'd call "gone hard". There was 6 of us and we went through 40 pills and a couple of grams of speed (not forgetting the copius amounts of weed, probably a bit over 1.5 oz.). Never to be done again, too much strain on the body, emotionally and phsically.

Hmmmm, I dont think that ive ever gone hard.

But my pussy friends reckon i have.... circle or friendship my ass =D

but its always been the frequency rather than the quantity

I've definately had stages where I went "hard". At different times with alcohol, weed and MDMA. I've been smoking heaps of weed lately, but I haven't gone hard with pills for a while. That can wait until event name.

Ed - took out event name for middle finger's privacy

Last edited by a moderator:
For all the poor bastards that have every had the unfortunate misfortune of coming within arms reach of me during a binge know that I used to go a little crazy now and again. But these days I'm too old and jaded. Plus it just cost too damn much for me, I can't afford to blow $600 a weekend anymore.

But the one of the silliestI've gone was 38 hours of non-stop lines of speed and/or meth. Bumping pretty much every 5 mins.

I think that for most who take drugs recreationally, there are peaks and troughs of usage that depend on life circumstances and the way we're feeling at the time. I'm just emerging from a rather large period of binging (4-5 pills + too much meth + Xanax on Sunday night most weekends for about 3 months) that was not due to emotional problems, too much money or anything I can really identify - except for the friend who I was "going hard" with. We were just having heaps of fun, and I must admit, egging each other on. But we both recognised when it started becoming less fun and stopped. And thats how I know that it wasn't really a 'problem' but would've been if we didn't both see it was time to slow down.
Before that, my last large period of fucked upedness (similar intake as recently) was years ago. That was a problem, that I put down to immaturity.

Well...... good thread 1234.

I didn't even start expereimenting with chemicals like acid, MDMA, etc until I was 24.... I went kinda hard with cannabis and grog from 15 to 21, and rarely smoke weed these days, but I still hit the grog hard on most weekends these days.

When I first tasted my MDMA pill, and just fell in love with it instantly and within weeks I was popping 1 pill a weekend to 5-10 pills a weekend for almost 5 months straight then stopped used MDMA, then I went on 4 months acid binge munching almost 5-20 tabs of acid over weekends, and one stage it just got out of control, when I went in some acid eating competition with my crazy group of mates down the Gold Coast whom I no longer see these days, and I ended up eating 23 tabs of acid in one night, I am not proud of this.... but it was crazy expereince and full on hard intense halluications lasting for almost 2 days, and towards end of acid binge I was starting to get paranoid and losing touch with reality, and stopped used acid, then I went on Benzo binge popping over 30-60mg of diazepams every night for 3-4 months and I just decided I was going too far with benzo's, and I suddenly asked a trusted friend to take my pile of benzos and don't give them to me anymore just get rid of them, as I was losing touch with my benzo source and quitted benzos cold turkey and I have been without benzos for 8 days now.... and the first 3 days without benzos was ROUGH, I even called work sick for the first two days because I didnt sleep for 2 days straight and I was getting cold sweats and shivers and nasty withdrawls, and I hitted the bottles of whiskey pretty hard the first 2 days of my benzo withdrawls......

Gee....I am turning 26 at end of this year.... Once I turned 24....went thru GOING HARD stages with different drugs, ...... and now days I have kinda slowed down and I went pretty hard on Saturday night, as It was my first MDMA/MDA since xmas and I popped 2 beige a's and I was a MUNTED ZOMBIE, it was probably the first night I went hard since Xmas day when I took heaps of combos of drugs in span over 3 days and even candyflipped on Xmas day with my sister and keep taking more pills and drank copious amounts of grog, and I had the most messy comedown in my life after 3 days Xmas binge.

I don't know why I going through "going hard" stages...... I have slowed down heaps since Xmas just mostly expereimenting with mushrooms, RC's, 2c * family chemicals, while going thru my addiction with Benzos. I still think about benzos now even 8 days without benzos is my personal record. I wished I never started benzos at the first place. Valium is a nice drug, but when abused, its a nasty shit, the physical withdrawls are not nice at all.

I am not glad or proud or don't have any feelings about these times I went "hard" last 14 or so months... its been a very roller coaster expereince for me, I still got my job, pay my rent, bills, etc... I always get these paid first before I go overboard with drugs.

It was the magic mushroom expereince I went through eariler this year gave me the biggest reality check and "kick in the arse expereince", and I was going through a terrified bad trip. (which can checked out at trip reports here which could explain a little bit better) ..... because this mushroom trip woke me up and kinda slowed down "going hard" stages.... but yet didnt stop my benzo addiction.... But I am trying hard. :\

I have really learnt a lot last 15 months... its been very soul searching expereince and shit like that, I really cant explain prefectly. Or even this post I am typing makes any sense, which could proves my mind is still bit messy from 8 days without benzos. 8(

At the end.... this thread made me ask myself the question: What have I archieved last 15 months? and I couldnt really give a answer to myself.... or maybe I am not being honest with myself or I am in "denial".... really I have archieved....nothing but just brought me through of "artificial happiness" and "good times" that didnt last......

Thats the best I could explain......

Cheers,

Urbie..... 8)

nope...

have had "big" weekends every now and again...

and have taken stuff for like 6 weeks in a row every now and again..

but have never combined the two (aka having big weekends week after week...)

and for this reason have managed to stay sane, have awesome times, yet still move forward with my life..

have been raving since 1995, taking stuff since 1999 and still enjoy it as much as i did at the start...

and have seen many friends give up in the meantime...

you need to manage your drug taking, or it will manage u.... :)

well i went through the "going hard" stage, which was also what i like to call my "loser try hard stage".....

about a year after my first few pill i introduced my ex to pills and he loved it, so we sadly went to HEAT (yes, thats the crappy club at the top of crown and i am SAD SAD to admit to it) every weekend for about 2-3 months. we would get in free because my work was doing some dort of promo crap with them, and we would take pills and stay there until about 7am sunday morning. my def. of "going hard" was not the amount of drugs that i took because i dont think i ever took anything more than 2 pills but just the fact that i did it over and over every weekend.....i am so incredibly pissed off now that i actually realised what good music is, the magic has gone :(

oh well....thats life :)

Begining of last year I went through a stage (approx 5months) where i smoked a point of meth most weekdays then I would go through about another half weight on the weekend and/or I would drop 1 or 2 pills friday or sat night (sometimes both).

At the time it seemed fun but I have to say it fuked me up good an proper. Never had any real energy, never really happy just kind of went on with normal life until the weekend rocked up. I'm glad in a way that I did it because I now know what is stupidly exssesive. I just wish i learnt it in a smaller period of time. :p The amount of money I spent was rediculous.

I don't seem to over do it with trips and other drugs but I think that is because they are not as easy to get hold of as meth and e.

Now I try to limit my drug use its been ages since i have had meth but i still go through stages where I over do it with pills. :\

for me it seems like everyones had a stage where theyve kaned it and done stupid things and this somehow validates their experience as a recreational drug user. as if, if you havent done it before, then you're never quite good enough (insert my own feelings of inadequacy here).

dont get me wrong, this is no dig at any of you guys. i just feel that cos i've been sensible and responsible all the time while still having big benders (cant help that living with Sllip), i'm somehow not as hardcore as everyone else

meh
:\

i've never had any times that i've regretted. but thats not something you can boast about at the next recovery.

meh again.

I remember binging for 4 days on meth last year
thats about the hardest I've ever gone.

My definition of hard is massive consumption in a short period of time - I don't have sufficient time to burn a whole weekend on just consuming drugs.
Our little trip to Ocean Grove was pretty hard (and funky too, I'll admit :) )

I've had my share of Go Hard OR GO Home! weekends. Awake days on end consuming copius amounts of speed or meth and dropping pills. Heart racing for so long that your chest begins to hurt and after awhile you end up sitting there like a baked muffin. Beeming for days, coming down for the week.

Fun times, a curve in my life. It's done, thank you.

shals :D

A year ago or so, took enough speed combined with a lot of alcohol (vodka) over a period of a few weeks (every weekend, both friday and saturday nights) so that I developed a benign, but irregular heart beat. Probably around a point of speed taken at a time. Maybe people think this isn't much but its a lot for me.

I still do the odd recreational, am just more careful, I find if I drink too much or take too many drugs now I get really bad headaches and feel dizzy.