Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News : $45 Million Pot bust Sydney

Mr-E-man

Bluelighter
Police seize record $35m marijuana haul
April 8, 2004 - 4:18PM

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/04/08/1081326841189.html

Police have uncovered 2.5 tonnes of dried cannabis worth an estimated $35 million at a property in western NSW - the state's biggest ever haul of the drug.

Drug squad detectives raided a private property at Jacks Creek, near Narrabri, at dawn today and arrested 16 people.

More than 70 officers attached to Strike Force Artie found the haul, which was being air dried, in a large drying shed and in the open.

Police initially estimated the haul at about one tonne, worth $14 million, but the actual amount was much more.

Drug Squad commander Superintendent Paul Jones said the seizure was the largest ever in NSW.

It was a huge achievement for the squad, which had been running about 10 strike forces into the cannabis problem across the state, netting about 46,000 plants with a street value of about $125 million.

"My detectives, as well as police from Western Region, stopped this enormous amount of cannabis which would have hit the streets of Sydney within the space of a few weeks," Supt Jones said.

"This brings almost a close to the season in terms of cannabis this year."

Supt Jones said police also searched a property at Connells Point, in Sydney's south, where another man was arrested and a further 9kg of cannabis was seized.

Interviews were continuing and charges were expected to be laid for supplying a large commercial quantity of prohibited drug and cultivating a large commercial quantity of prohibited drug.

A weapon, believed to be a gun, was also seized at the property.

"These arrests will make a significant impact on the supply of cannabis in NSW," Supt Jones said.

The arrests were the culmination of a two-month investigation.

Several people arrested on the western NSW property were believed to be "seasonal workers", Supt Jones said.

Earlier this week, 10 people faced court over a 600kg cannabis haul with a street value of more than $8.5 million.

Police raided the property near Lithgow, in the state's central west, early Monday where they seized 607kg of mature cannabis plants.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2.5 tonnes !!! Thats a LOT of pot.

Is it just me or do these busts seem to be getting bigger and more frequent? It would have been interesting to see what effect if any it would have had on prices if those 46,000 plants hadn't been abducted by the police.

Mr Man
:(

Last edited:
It wouldn't have had any effect on me.

I live near nimbin.

=D

THE PICTURES GODAMNIT I WANT THE PICTURES! lol i love to see fields of cannabis!

I saw pictures!!! It was like 100 green houses in 1 all drying out. Brings a tear to ur eye seeing that go to waste..

hahah just watched channel 9 late news,they said it was a 45 million haul.

with these busts getting bigger and more frequent, does it mean that the cops are doing a better job? or that the supply and/or demand has just gone through the roof?

People are just getting greedy and stupid and building up bigger operations.... and too many loose lips.

Yeah, youd realy want to trust your "seasonal" workers wouldnt you.....

Re: News : $35 Million Pot bust Sydney

Mr-E-man said:

A weapon, believed to be a gun, was also seized at the property.

Mr Man
:(

fucken hell i would be pissed if i was busted my a maggot or twenty who were too stupid to know whether its a gun or not. If it was in the same state as i live i would think it was the same dumb ass detectives who let me know they were coming to look for my weed. I'm just glad these ppl aren't doctors8(

Well it could just be a stick that goes boom....

Looks like we will have some dry patches coming our way. :(

It seems the cops must have found another tonne behind the couch
bringing their revised total to $45 Million.

HM advice ......... Dont discuss how to grow & dry your thousands of plants over the phone.

Mr Man
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone bug led to huge drug bust, court told
April 9, 2004

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/04/09/1081326917755.html

One of 16 men charged over NSW's largest cannabis seizure was allegedly caught on phone taps giving advice about cultivating the drug, a court heard today.

Demitrios Hantzis, a 38-year-old Sydney building contractor, appeared in Parramatta Bail Court after he was charged yesterday with several drug offences.

Prosecutors allege he was caught on phone taps offering advice on harvesting, cultivating and caring for the cannabis at the property at Narrabri, in western NSW, where most of the 3.2 tonnes of the drug was found.

The court also heard his parents lived on the property.

Hantzis was arrested at his home in Connells Point, Sydney, after police obtained a search warrant and allegedly found 10kg of cannabis.

He was refused bail to appear in court next week.

The other 15 people charged over the seizure - 14 men and one woman - appeared briefly in Moree Local Court where they were all refused bail.

They are due to reappear in court on Tuesday.

The raids and arrests came following a two month investigation by drug squad detectives.

Drug Squad commander Paul Jones said the seizure was the largest ever in NSW and had an estimated potential street value of $45 million.

Police believe the arrests will make a significant impact on the supply of cannabis in NSW.

seems every reports say "the biggest", the "largest", blah blah blah ..... who cares.

2.5 tonne, then 3.2.
35 mil, to 45.
Bloke caught with 9 kilo's, then 10.
Does anyone notice how every single bust grows around 10-40% in a few days. I guess it would be easy to miss a cool 700 kilo's of weed.....