• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Kelly Osbourne and drugs/rehab thread (merged) (Updated 6/05/05)

SilverFeniks

Bluelighter
Kelly Osbourne enters rehab

LOS ANGELES April 3 — Kelly Osbourne, the 19-year-old daughter of heavy metal star Ozzy Osbourne, has checked into a drug rehabilitation center for an addiction to painkillers, her parents said Friday night in a televised interview. Kelly Osbourne's younger brother, Jack, 18, checked himself into a drug and alcohol rehabilitation clinic last year and Ozzy Osbourne has been candid about his decades of battles with substance abuse.
The siblings became international stars following the success of the MTV reality show "The Osbournes," which shows an oft-dazed Ozzy doting over his dysfunctional family with wife-manager, Sharon. The Osbourne's oldest daughter, Aimee, has not taken part in the show, which returns April 6 for its third season on MTV.

Ozzy, 55, and Sharon Osbourne, 51, talked about their daughter's drug problem Friday night on CNN's "Larry King Live."

Sharon Osbourne said that an English tabloid notified them Friday that they had a photograph of Kelly in an apparent drug deal.

Kelly Osbourne was confronted and eventually acknowledged a drug problem "after a lot of twisting," Sharon Osbourne said.

Ozzy said that his daughter denied having a stash of drugs, but the family's maid said she had found a bag of pills underneath her bed.

"So the bag was delivered to me, and I opened this bag and it was full of pills. ... There must have been 500 pills," he told King.

Within hours, Kelly's brother drove her to the Promises rehabilitation center in Malibu.

When asked on the interview show if she had advice on how to steer children away from drugs, Sharon Osbourne responded somberly.

"I'm a failure," she replied. "How can I give anybody advice?"

The Osbournes said that for every good thing that has happened to their family, there also have been difficulties. Sharon Osbourne announced in 2002 that she was undergoing treatment for colon cancer, which is now in remission, and Ozzy last year was injured in an all-terrain vehicle accident in England.

Jack Osbourne celebrates one year of sobriety April 23, his mother said.

source

From what I read here, a paparazzo threatened to publish photos of Kelly buying drugs and then the maid found a bag of pills in her bedroom. Was Kelly USING drugs or ABUSING them?

If she was using and not suffering any health or mental problems, then forcing her into a rehab isn't going to do her any good. It sounds to me like she might just have some legal or publicity problems. A lawyer and publicist is what she needs, not a stay in rehab.

^^^ Agreed with the above.

Though, I find it harder to believe she may not be addicted when there were 500 pain killer pills. Normal recreationers wouldn't have that amount in stock unless they were saving it for years to come.

I hate Kelly Osbourne. The most stubborn obnoxious teenage "Waaa waaa, ... no one understands my pain waaa ... waaa" bitch I ever seen. Im glad they caught her and I hope they give her the "drugs are bad, mmmkay" speech.

Yeah, doesn't seem like they gave her a chance to explain herself - put into rehab only hours later.
You'd think her parents would have more sympathy, its not like they haven't done the same shit.

But if she died tomorrow it might make me smile, so I don't really give a sh*t :D

You'd think her parents would have more sympathy, its not like they haven't done the same shit.

More sympathy? They made her go to rehab because of their own experiences with drug abuse. If I were Ozzy, I wouldn't want my daughter to end up like me either. But if Kelly doesnt want to stop using drugs, then going to rehab isnt going to help her. Jack went to rehab because he wanted to quit.

to think that this little bitch will be more irritable when off the shit... **gasp**

if theres a possibility of it being largely a legal/publicity problem, going to rehab right away is the best thing to do to remedy the legal/publicity issue.

On reflection, it must suck to have your entire life under surveillance (not talking about the TV show here):
an English tabloid notified them Friday that they had a photograph of Kelly in an apparent drug deal.

If she was using and not suffering any health or mental problems, then forcing her into a rehab isn't going to do her any good. It sounds to me like she might just have some legal or publicity problems. A lawyer and publicist is what she needs, not a stay in rehab.

Brilliant.

If her father was one of the most notorious drug addicts ever and her brother was addicted to OxyContin and they catch Kelly buying drugs then find a STASH of pills under her bed (probably Percocet and or Oxycontin) you honestly don't believe she a) has a problem or b) would have a serious problem within less than 6 months?

Get out of your dream world of denial and take a reality check, man.

Jesus.

I mean, what? You think she was just using recreationally and was going to just quit before she spiraled out of control like everyone else she associates with or like her family?

For a bunch of people that consider themselves educated because they read shit on a drug message board...

Oh nevermind. You obviously don't and won't get it.

And as for forcing her into rehab... maybe giving her a few months to get her head straight might enable her to get a fucking reality check because obviously she's not thinking too clearly at the moment.

^^ Way to generalize about something you know nothing about, Greenie.

Welcome to Bluelight.

^^ Way to generalize about something you know nothing about, Greenie.

Welcome to Bluelight.

a) I'm not a greeny. Something got messed up with my account and trying to regain massword and working something out with the admins was fruityless. You may know me as SovietContin and Love in Vein. I've been here for years.

b) Having been involved with drugs for over 10 years, I'm not generalizing. Just because Kelly Osbourne has not reached her bottom yet has nothing to do with the fact that she was well on the way there ESPECIALLY with her family history. She is a poster child for someone that needs rehab. Perhaps you and many others should do some research on addiction outside of listening to a bunch of ignorant morons on message boards. I'm not saying she didn't stand a chance of going clean on her own or that she hasn't hit bottom yet, but if DON'T think she was on the way to full blown recovery, you are either ignorant or REALLY ignorant and probably self-projecting because you yourself are in denial. That's the reality ofi it.

Sleeping with a bag of narcotics under her bed... come on. Asides her other isssues, the girl has a drug problem or was developing one.

Compelete and utter ignorance.

It makes me absolutely sicik to hear drug addicts try to try to defend the lifestyle and pretend they themselves don't have a problem.

I believe there is a ton of bullshit as far as rehab facilities and , but if you for one minute think Kelly was simply experimenting, you are either in denial or comletely out of your mind and while I am making an assumption here, it sounds like you yourself are in denial about your own problems.

Not like you'd do anything but discount what I'm saying because you're brain isn't functioning right or putting two and two together.

The girl was even on TV dancing on tables piss drunk while underage a few episodes and dancing on tables and falling down everywhere... THAT IS NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOR OR THE BEHAVIOR OF SOMEONE WHO SIMPLY DRINKS ON OCCASSION, IT'S SYMPTOMATIC OF A DRUG/ALCOHOL ADDICT.

Perhaps her issue at this point isn't life threatening, but it's obviously she has a serious problem and it has nothing to do with getting sympathy from the press. And it's beyond coincidental her behavior is not far off if not worse than her brother.

I'm not trying to put you down by any means, but really, think about what's going on with her. She's not just having too much fun. Drugs and alcohol are obviously playing a large role in her daily behavior.

And I will go as far as to conceed that maybe things are fun and games now, but she is going dowhilll. Hell, she got caught buying drugs with cameras around. Even the typical recreational druggy wouldn't do that. Something is wrong and involves substance abuse. And she's definitely not the only one in Hollywood like this. Behevior like this has been observed for decades. And sober people don't act like that. Even simple recreational drug users do that. Neither do people simply trying to make the scene. Ther'es a serious or what could be serious problem going on and drugs and alcohol are obviously playing a role. Normal people just don't act like that or get caught in the tabloids buying drugs.

Between working professional jobs, I also hung out with various degrees of drug addicts. In addiction I went through a college program to earn a Drug Rehabiltation Certerficate. The girl has some serious drug problems and if she doesn't get into treatment soon she'll end up something like the next Courtney Love... assuming she's successful in the entertainment industry.

Last edited:
^
Email [email protected] and tell them you are originally Love in Vein and have lost your password.
Someone should be able to help you there.

Email [email protected] and tell them you are originally Love in Vein and have lost your password.
Someone should be able to help you there.

Thanks for the advice... but nobody seemed to know who to give the infromation to and I don't care. I'm DaveSoviet on every other messageboard/friendster/myspace thing anyhow and could give two shits if the DEA starts tracking me as if they couldn't already.

davesoviet said:
you are either in denial or comletely out of your mind and while I am making an assumption here, it sounds like you yourself are in denial about your own problems.

Not like you'd do anything but discount what I'm saying because you're brain isn't functioning right or putting two and two together.

The girl was even on TV dancing on tables piss drunk while underage a few episodes and dancing on tables and falling down everywhere... THAT IS NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOR OR THE BEHAVIOR OF SOMEONE WHO SIMPLY DRINKS ON OCCASSION, IT'S SYMPTOMATIC OF A DRUG/ALCOHOL ADDICT.

Assumption for sure, I'm better off than I've ever been.
But you can see right through my screen name into my brain, so I shouldn't talk.

You need to drop by your local University one of these days; you'll see that type of behaviour is normal for college students ... so either some people can control themselves, or the next generation will all be crazy addicts I suppose 8)

Welcome back, but come on, be nice :)

I just feel so bad for Sharon. It's tough for a mom to see their children involved with drugs. She spent most of her life trying to get Ozzy to sober up and now she had to deal with her two kids.

I'm sure Kelly has her reasons for having an incredible amount of pain killers. Maybe she was going to have a little get together with some friends and she was going to be the supplier? Whatever the matter may be does not make it a good excuse.

I think they did good in putting her in rehab because I'm sure she'll learn something from there and especially having a brother who went through a similar situation.

I don't like the bitch either, but I hope everything works out for her. :|

For her family's sake