Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Five held over 'massive' drug haul

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
Five held over 'massive' drug haul
Click Here
30mar04

FIVE people have been detained on Queensland's Gold Coast for questioning over a huge drugs bust in the Philippines.

An Australian Federal Police spokesman said the five were being questioned as part of a joint operation involving Queensland and federal police, Australian Customs and the Philippines Drug Agency.
A "massive" amount of pseudoephedrine had been seized in raids in the Philippines, the spokesman said.

Federal Police have called a news conference in Brisbane to give details of the haul.

I guess this was an inital article and we'll be hearing a lot more about this as it comes to light.... Would like to know how massive 'massive' is :)

i wonder what it was!

plz not e plz not e
plz not e plz not e
plz not e plz not e
plz not e plz not e

:D

***EDITED* never mind i read it properly now ^_^ ***

i doubt it was very big at all, else we'd be reading the article some along the lines of

"...police smash international drug ring, .... seizing 500kgs on psuedoephedrine.... "
etc etc etc

i just love the "international drug ring" line :p

Asian drug bust saves Australia: police

A massive drug bust in the Philippines prevented the largest shipment of `precursor' drug ingredients from entering Australia, police said.

A total of 1.5 tonnes of pseudoephedrine were found in 60 barrels at a warehouse on the Philippines island of Cebu earlier this month, Australian Federal Police agent Paul Jevtovic told reporters.

"We believe this has prevented the largest amount of pseudoephedrine reaching Australian shores.

"By world standards this is a significant seizure," he said.

The pseudoephedrine was equivalent to around 12.5 million Sudafed tablets, Mr Jevtovic said.

Four men and a woman were arrested in raids on the Gold Coast in connection with the seizure in the Philippines.

They included a 37-year-old man from Oxenford and a 50-year-old man from Nerang, both of whom were due to appear in the Southport magistrates Court on charges of conspiring to import a commercial quantity of pseudoephedrine.

A 22-year-old Oxenford woman, a 22-year-old Oxenford man and a 52-year-old man from Runaway Bay were also taken into custody but have not yet been charged.

©AAP 2004

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/National/story_55744.asp

Thanks for the update mashedpotatohead.
That's a farkin' lot of pseudo!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think some people are in for some serious jail time.

Why are there links in Australia? Are they taking my speed away from me?!!?!? Let it through I say, pseudoephedrine isn't bad. ;)

Honestly officer I've caught a really bad cold and just trying to protect my family, my really large family ;)