Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

legal [and semi legal] highs in australia

portwinejelly

Bluelighter
i count morning glory seeds as semi-legal, legal to own them. not to consume them.

I want to know what to look for online.
i've had a few people tell me about daminna, but i didn't get anything from it.

Does anyone know about these acacia trees? Ive found a place to order that says they contain "Tryptamines".
Ive tried searching but I can't find anything out. I can't even get an proper definition of what a Tryptamine is either.

Try using the search engine for dimethyltryptamine or DMT. However, this substance isn't even "semi-legal" but it is found in a number of acacias and other plants across Australia (it is also found in your body but extracting it could be more than slightly painful ;) )

There are quite a number of plants compounds that could get you "high" (eg ibogaine, lysergic acid amines, mescaline, scopolamine) but most have unpleasant side effects and / or taste disgusting.

There are a few web sites and forums dedicated to Australian ethnobotanicals but I'm not sure if I should link to them.

damiana will not give you a high as such...... but it works nice with weed....... and i find is a very good anti-depressent as a tea.

ummmmmm dmt can be extracted from the accasia plant...... but i suggest doing your research on mushrooms and picking them yourself....... i believe they are the best natural drug ever :D

peace

have to agree with scaterface, to a point. I think shrooms are the best drug ever, not just the best natural; nothing comes close in my books.

Anyway back to the topic, i have tried damiana was not too impressed with the results. U can make your own DMT from wattle tree's (don't qoute me on this) however it requires time and effort, and i don't have either. Try a search i onced found a site on how to do it.

Almost mushie season, yay :D

^^ Acacias contain DMT, you extract it, not make it. Have a read of this thread for a little more on DMT from organic sources.

I've heard about morning glory (Ipomoea Violacea) and the seeds, but the only species of morning glory I've seen growing in gardens and the wild around Oz is coastal morning glory (Ipomoea Vederacea). Does costal morning glory seeds posess LSA like traditional morning glory and therefore are safe to consume?

San Pedro

Just received two little babies and they're just so much fun. Its a long term project though so if you're looking for a quick high then maybe mushies are better.

UTSE for off-topic questions please... and I believe opium poppies are illegal to grow, as are marijuana, tobacco and now salvia divinorum I suspect.

BT :)

Pseudo G said:
I've heard about morning glory (Ipomoea Violacea) and the seeds, but the only species of morning glory I've seen growing in gardens and the wild around Oz is coastal morning glory (Ipomoea Vederacea). Does costal morning glory seeds posess LSA like traditional morning glory and therefore are safe to consume?

I can't find any studies on or references to I. vederacea, do you mean I. hederacea? If so, then apparently not. :( Coastal Morning Glory is Ipomoea cairica. Studies are inconclusive about I. cairica - one said 0% (Amor-Prats & Harborne, 1993) another said 0.009% (Geetha et al., 1986)

Although varying amounts of ergolines have been discovered in a number of native Ipomoeas (inc. argillicola, costata, diamantinensis, muelleri) I haven't read any papers that give a full breakdown of the individual alkaloids involved. So it's debatable if any are safe to ingest.

I. muelleri is called Poison Morning Glory in WA and is a known livestock killer, however * injested it without any gastric or other problems. However only 2 out of 3 experiments produced a psychedelic state but age of the extraction was probably the problem with the third.

Last edited:
Cheers Zu,

Only sources I've consulted at net based ones, so their accuracy is questionable. I'll probabley steer clear of those then...."Hey this plant has little tiny berries with a skull and cross bone on them, wonder if it'll get me wasted" *gulp*

yeah go for the good old aussie golden wattle for dmt

Sorry to be pedantic, but 4-Ho-DMT is not the same as mushrooms. I think you mean 4-HO-DET, but from memory i think this tryptamine (or is it a PEA, meh) is the synthetic version of psilocin. Either that or psilocybin, but im fairly sure its the latter. The alkyloid DMT is extracted from, amongst other things, certain species of accacia wattles, as mentioned above.

PS: someone should give Muzby a medal or something! ;)

Yo people, POPPY SEEDS!!! its an $8.00 five hour high. Sure it tastes shit but have a few cones and sit back and enjoy the ride.

Poppy seeds contain morphine basically. Heroin is made out of opium. Like opium poppies. Opiates :)