Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug Magazine?

notneo

Bluelighter
I know this is a long shot but are there any drug focused magazines out there at all? With interviews, current events, current drug focused news stories or busts? Would be an interesting read...

If there aren't any hardcopy magazines are there any good online ones that are worthy of a look at?

If not I guess I know what company I'm making!

Unfortunately not that I know of.

Then again, Bluelight is the best place to find everything related to drugs
10.gif
and it doesn't cost $12.95 per month

Hehe

shals :D

Not that I've ever seen and I think it would be balancing on the fine line of legalities and government approval.

1. print out all drug discussion threads on bluelight
2. staple together

then u not only have a drug magazine, u have a drug bible 8o

Doesnt cover all drugs just alcohol. But I've found plenty of laughs reading

www.drunkard.com

Its a mag set up by yanks to cater for the modern drunk :)

I think you'll have to make do with Bluelight. I don't think a drug focused magazine would be looked upon favourably by the relevant government departments...

^Yeh I agree, but just thought it would be a great to have something entertaining to read on the bus every day. I'm not much a fan of 'Dog found' 'Dog lost' stories that we get in newspappers and the like.

Australia has had a range of drug-user based publications in the past, mainly generated out of the IV user organisations (like VIVAIDS Whack). I know I left some out, but maybe someone else can track them down.

NUAA have Users News in NSW and QuIVAA have Dart and Dart Stories for the Queenslanders.

I think WASUA has one in WA, but I can't remember the name of it. The Territory Users Forum has TUM, the Territy Users Magazine, and AIVL have Junk Mail which is out every quarter IIRC, focused more on national issues.

There's also been a few zines (home-made on the photocopier) based on drugs. I suspect the internet has killed zines off totally, but you never know.

Not long ago I found an anarchist zine from 1992 which was devoted to drug use. It was published by a Melbourne collective and was like a manifesto about heroin and how it worked either for or against their cause.

There was also Octarine put out in late 1996, aimed at psychedelic drug users and the doof scene around Nth NSW and SE QLD. I got handed a copy while I was leaving Beyond the Brain (@ the Epicentre) and read about chaos magic and psychedelics on the bus ride home. It was life-changing stuff!

I haven't heard of any recent drug-user based zines, but they might be out there. Check out your local groovy alternative bookstore to see if these types of zines still exist.

Last edited:
the only one i know it High Times www.hightimes.com

"Information about marijuana and psychedelic drugs including cannabis photos, cannabis cultivation..." blah blah

I don't know if this has already be done before. But I don't understand why a group of people have never got together, created a magazine and then printed it out on their home computer and distributed it in their area.

I mean, if you wanted to get your word across, wouldn't this be the best way to do it without getting busted? Especially if you were considering a drug related magazine.