Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MD and poweraid

Quintell

Bluelighter
At the end of an awesome night out as and friend and I were tapering down off some Brown A's, waiting for a train home. We though some poweraid (red) would do us some good as water was getting rather bland. After a few mouth fulls each and a 5 min wait for the train, we both go on the train, sat down and at approximatly the same moment were almost blown over with MD fuckedness. The train ride took forever but boy was I loved up.

So my question... Was this just coincidince or anyone heard of this reaction or know of a reason it would occur?

note: we both had also has some for of speed, i had about half a point I'm not sure of exactly how much my friend had but I don't think it was much more.

i have found on the a's they blow you away for about 4 hours and then you think your coming down but then it hits agian in waves for another hour. so that was prob what it was.

It may have been that when you got onto the train you were sitting down and relaxing. If this is contrast to you just leaving a club and getting to the station, then it is quite possible that this change in mood had some part to play.

also power aid is a sports drink so it should some simple carbs and electrolites. I find when I have a Gatoraid or even a coke when im out, I get a nice bump of energy and rejuvenated feeling.

Did you smoke a cigarette before you got on the train? I dont think powerade would be responsible. Not unless the powerade helps dissolve the pill in your stomach. How long between ur drop and the train station. Cowboy Mac could be right to.

I try to have a powerade every morning after a night out on gear (alot of people hate it because its too sweet after taking stuff all night) and not once have I experience anything like that :p Probably a combination of good bikkies and a change in setting :)

No I don't smoke, I'd be out of the club for about an hour.
I had 2 pills over the duration of the night starting about 11pm taking halves each 2-3 ish hours.
I did notice them dying off early and coming back.
So yeah it was probably my last half kickin in again
My friend also had a Final Quarter at about the same time.
I never thought of that
Thanks for the alternate perspective

P.S I noticed citric acid listed as an ingredient on the bottle, It may be a myth but isnt that supposed to act as a catalyst ?

as mentioned before those sports drinks contain high levels of sodium, glucose and other things.. they are designed to rehydrate your body while providing it with a bit of fast burning fuel (sugars).. as such, i think it would certainly be possible that the poweraid in your system and the change of setting would have brought the feelings back.. rehydrated and refueled, your body would be more physically comfortable, so would distract you less from the lingering effects of the pills you had..

relieving stresses on the body relieves stresses on the mind. like, try seeing what it's like rolling when your bladder is dangerously full.. you'll pretty much feel like you're coming down hard. but as soon as you relieve that physical pressure, it all comes rushing back :)

^ They sure do, and they enjoy taking pills for years and years to come :) Bear in mind the A's are reportedly very strong - a quarter would be noticeable, even in someone with moderate tolerance I'd guess.

The powerade thing sounds like a placebo effect to me, but then again, a Masters choc milk used to be a bloody winner on a Sunday morning :) Damned inferior eastern states milk drinks.

Its all up to the individual gospeedgo. its a good way of still having a great time and not getting too mashed. I can understand quarters of a's especially if they are newbys to the e scene. I think it is a sensible way of getting to know ectasy and how your body reacts and what tolerance you have. Smaller doses over a longer period makes sense.

^^ I'm a huge fan of quietly rolling the night away as opposed to peaking like a gobsmacked 15 year old for 4 hours then crashing... It's the best way to really enjoy MD, IMHO.

As for the powerade thing... If it was powerade, don't you think it'd be well known that drinking a powerade would bring your pill back on? I'm sure you're not the first person to drink a powerade in such a siutation. I don't know what it was, but the powerade would be at the end of my list...

:)

apollo said:
^^ I'm a huge fan of quietly rolling the night away as opposed to peaking like a gobsmacked 15 year old for 4 hours then crashing... It's the best way to really enjoy MD, IMHO.

:)

go hard or go home... IMHO.
happy with five hours of mayhem... its plenty at my age, and i've been enjoying it- sensiblyish, for over ten years.

aunty establishment
They sure do, and they enjoy taking pills for years and years to come

Yeah it would be well know now i think about it.
As for the rolling hard vs Not so hard. I personally like to be able to getup and have a dance at any stage, but usually endup dropping followup doses too soon and find my self in a munted state. For a breif (some times not so breif) period

ive drank powerade on my way home from clubs aswell, and it pulled me out of a munted state and i felt so refreshed.. as you said you were tired of drinking water i think the powerade just refreshed you and you were feeling great all the way home?

I've always been a fan of the idea of sports drinks in and around a big night. I think I will be speaking to my local bar manager about it real soon :)

As for Pillade, I found that quite amusing :)

I hate how the red flecks of powerade get crusted to your lips after a big night out. I always get sticky red stuff clinging to my lips. Powerade works wonders though, its very refreshing.