Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Journalist interested in info from Aus. Ghb users

wallace

Bluelighter
Ghb

I am a journalist working on the Daily Telegraph newspaper in Sydney. We are running a series on GHB and are keen to speak to someone who uses the drug.
They don't have to be identified in the paper. All we are interested in is why they take the drug and if they have had any bad experiences while on it ie health risks.

Yah, I'm not sure about this one, we'll let the folks in Oz handle it!

And how do we contact you if we are keen to share some information?

I have used GHB for years now and never run into any health problems whatsoever, in fact I think it's the most benign substance I have ever used, seeing as though it metabolizes as water. Personally, I think the biggest risk comes from its illegality and unscrupulous dealers making it with impure precursors, which can be tainted with trace-element heavy metals, such as mercury and lead, and have the potntial to leave deposits in the brain.

wallace- Read this: http://www.life-enhancement.com/article_template.asp?ID=76

it's good to see so many journalists becoming aware of this site. 6 months ago you never had anyone asking about a users point of view from here. Here's hoping that the journalists visiting here don't put an 'evil' spin on things.
Not saying you will wallace ;) Just saying that it's good to see journo's doing there research.

except that one we all psyched up at...hehe... you know the one :)

Good link Killarava2day!

Lets all hope the story isn't just another sensationalised tabloid job. Hopefully it will point out that the recent ODs with GHB at present are about lack of user education and responsibility.

It metabolises into CO2 (carbon dioxide) and water killarava2day...

Sorry to be pedantic, but if there's any chance the media are going to use anything from here, it's gotta be correct.

Just a query, I know why you are wanting to write a article on GHB, as it has been in the media lately, though I believe it would be alot better if you write up an article about the use of MDMA/MDxA from experienced users as the some (people who use it) members of this board are quite experienced and educated people..

I'm from Melbourne so I'm not sure, but

Isn't the Telegraph in Sydney equivalent to the Herald 'Won't someone just think of the children' Sun in Melbourne?

^^^ judging by the comment "if they have any bad experiences" (yeah, way to be impartial :p), i'd say that seems fairly spot on :\

i hope not :(
Please mister journalist man, don't give into your editor's evil ways. make this article as unbiased as you can. Which might scare your editor's, even yourself when you come to the realisation that 'it ain't all that bad...' There's a lot more to this issue than a knee-jerk reaction to appease the grand-parents and angry mums out there...

Well one important thing to note is all you guys are talking about GHB, and really we all know GHB doesnt exist anymore its all 1,4b and altough GHB is okay for you. 1,4b is in fact more toxic for you, so make sure you look into that more... I dont want to give a negative impression about G. But its not GHB we are all ingesting anymore

i think it's a bit rich to claim GHB 'doesn't exist'. It sure as hell isn't around in the abundance it used to be but i'm sure it's still floating around.
But you are correct with 1,4B being much more predominant.
Also, Wallace, you may find more interesting info at;
www.erowid.org

Soma said:
I'm from Melbourne so I'm not sure, but

Isn't the Telegraph in Sydney equivalent to the Herald 'Won't someone just think of the children' Sun in Melbourne?

Yup.

<bitter>
be careful, or you might be misquoted also. damn trashy newspapers aren't interested in the crux of the issue, just the shock factor.
</bitter>

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
i think it's a bit rich to claim GHB 'doesn't exist'. It sure as hell isn't around in the abundance it used to be but i'm sure it's still floating around.
But you are correct with 1,4B being much more predominant.
Also, Wallace, you may find more interesting info at;
www.erowid.org

You try importing butylactone... The Feds watch it like hawks, i know of two people who have been raided over it. The only GHB I've seen in the last 18 months was from a small batch apparently synthesised from scratch by a curious biochem, about the only way you'll get it.