Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Ban dihydrogen monoxide!

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
This is particularly funny when you look at our recent GHB scare, and the media/government's clueless reaction:

Local officials nearly fall for H2O hoax

ALISO VIEJO, Calif. - City officials were so concerned about the potentially dangerous properties of dihydrogen monoxide that they considered banning foam cups after they learned the chemical was used in their production.

Then they learned, to their chagrin, that dihydrogen monoxide — H2O for short — is the scientific term for water.

"It's embarrassing," said City Manager David J. Norman. "We had a paralegal who did bad research."

The paralegal apparently fell victim to one of the many official looking Web sites that have been put up by pranksters to describe dihydrogen monoxide as "an odorless, tasteless chemical" that can be deadly if accidentally inhaled.

As a result, the City Council of this Orange County suburb had been scheduled to vote next week on a proposed law that would have banned the use of foam containers at city-sponsored events. Among the reasons given for the ban were that they were made with a substance that could "threaten human health and safety."

The measure has been pulled from the agenda, although Norman said the city may still eventually ban foam cups.

"If you get Styrofoam into the water and it breaks apart, it's virtually impossible to clean up," Norman said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4534017/

Read the hilarious Dihydrogen Monoxide FAQ here

lol...i think i was victim to this exact prank a few months back on bluelight.

that water is some scary stuff.

this is the single funniest thing to date i've read i think. I just wish a politician said it in front of the press at a confrence :)

^But don't you see that by replying you are commenting on the thread and hence the article contained inside?! =D

People with the power to introduce new laws really should be smarter lol.

Watch out Aussie Editors, you could be next!!

Shhh keep it to yourselves, but if you drink 2 liters of warm H2O first thing in the morning - drinking it continuously without breaks- you will definitely feel intoxicated. I did the "Chinese water torture" religiously everyday for for 3 years, coupled with only showing in ice cold water (in summer a bucket with iced water is tipped over the head upon waking). Although there was felt to be some definite health benefits, I would not advise practicing this without first consulting your GP. Especially if that's to be followed with an hour of Chi Kung and then another of training - without peeing!

Who knows, the way the world is going, if this gets out we may only be allowed under 2 liters at any given time 8)

I cant believe it made it a far as it did. Some people are just fucking stupid:)