Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Buying heroin.

satricion

Bluelighter
Hi.

What units is heroin bought in? Like you buy meth in points or grams, what do you buy heroin in? I hear it is called a 'cap'?

Also, how many milligrams of powder is in a cap of heroin, and about how cut would it be so that I can take that into account when figuring out doses? I plan on snorting it.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

- Satricion.

We would never be able to tell you how potent what you get is. I can only suggest asking your dealer and hoping he doesn't give you the 'this is the best ever' line. Maybe you'd be best having your first experience with someone else more experienced.

I'm not exactly sure on the measurement side of things, caps could be a local term?

But if your completely unsure always try just a small amount and slowly increase your dose. You can always have more but its hard to take less when you've already had to much.

Last edited:
Definitely worth checking the Other Drugs forum on this one. Although, local knowledge (without prices) would be welcomed here too.

BigTrancer :)

people I speak with normally refer to a standard dose as a 50 (as in 50 milligrams). I'd assume thats how much you might expect to get in a "cap" (what you will get who knows).

How much cut? short of owning $100k of analytical chemistry equipment, nobody could really say. It also tends to vary widely over short time frames.

For a first time i'd say snort 1/3 - 1/2 (of a 50) and see how you go. Alternatively, you might like to smoke it (ala chasing the dragon), which allows you to monitor its effects easier as it kicks in quicker (however this method is potentially more addictive). if you snort, wait at least 25 before having more. Also, if you can, have someone straight around.

Whats referred to as a cap on the streets used to be a lot smaller than whats out there today. A cap used to be half todays standards. Now a cap which is whats found now is supposed to be 50 mg. The amount of milligrams is not the worry it the potency of the gear. If you by a cap and its your first time its probably enough for 2 maybe even 3 people snorted. But as I said it all depends on the quality.

[Edit: Prices removed. BT]

Last edited by a moderator:
a cap is supposed to weigh a point.
but from the street you'll be lucky if you get that.
and listen to these guy's,i've battled with heroin addiction for many years now and it's just not worth it.
if only i knew what i was getting myself into i would have ran a mile.

I have removed all off-topic posts from the thread. If you have something to post about the average dose of heroin purchased on the street please post. If you just want to express your feelings about heroin as a drug or a scourge on society, please make your own thread and state your contention properly.

I love how people will talk about what an evil thing heroin is and then post amusing replies about what to do on a fucking methamphetamine binge.

Anyway, thanks for the helpful replies, I think I will just go in small lines and see how it goes. I've enjoyed just 5mg of oxycodone in the past and I have no intention of using regularly so one cap (or whatever) should last ages. :)

whenever i used to get gear I would normally cook up a small amount in order to get a feel for the potency and then simply build up from there.

regarding quantity if its simply going to be something for your self then a cap would be more then sufficent (espeically if this your first time)...however i would probably recommend that you get a quarter, saves you money, hassle and you normally get better quality gear with the more you buy (well with my experinces anyway)...

What is a quarter?

If a cap is 50mg then I'm guessing it's a quarter of a gram?

I'm not a regular user and have no intention of becoming one so I don't think I'll need that much, but I'd like to know the lingo so that I don't look stupid in front of dealers and get ripped off.

Also, would cutting a cap into six lines and snorting one of them be a good way of finding out the potency or should I try less/more?

Thanks for any help.

Ps: BT I am asking here because as you said local knowledge about how heroin is bought in Australia is what I'm after and in the OD forum they seem to refer to 'bags' of heroin, which means nothing to me.

i usually buy a "fold" of heroin which is a small packet. called fold because of how it is stored.

i'm not actually sure how much is in it - but i find for people just starting out a "fold" is too much, for people who have been using a long time, its not enough.

[Edit: Prices removed. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, would cutting a cap into six lines and snorting one of them be a good way of finding out the potency or should I try less/more?
It's my understanding that with heroin, you would test the purity with BUMPS not lines.

BigTrancer said:
Although, local knowledge (without prices) would be welcomed here too.

Sorry to be off topic, but I noticed that the US Drug discussion and the Europe drug discussion don't have the NO PRICES rule that we do. They even have dedicated price threads. Is there a specific reason for this? I'm not complaining, just curious.

^^^^
As they say, pricing all comes down to who you know. The better connected you are the better your prices are. The better connected you are the more the cops who float these boards will want to talk to you via a search warrent.

Or something like that.

Pricing threads just turn into dick sizing threads.

Has anyone actually weighed a cap / fold?

The no prices rule is fully explained in the Posting Guidelines where it appears.

I'm not sure what the exact weight of a cap is but you'll be blown away by it's size when you get it - it's not like buying meth or coke - it's absolutely tiny! And the amount you need to take if it's your first seems ridiculous which is what can make it dangerous if you are a beginner - you're thinking to yourself "there's no way this will do anything!". It helps if you have someone with you who's used before.

About half the size of a Panadol Gel Cap. Usually wrapped in a piece of a balloon.

herion cap images

y0, these pics werent taken by me, infact i havent even talked to the person who took them before. but im posting them as a image and not linking them incase he doesnt want to be known. heh hes prolly on this forum! (if so privmsg me !).

i also edited the guys website off the images and added them together (why doesnt BL support mutlitple image uploads !!!!???)

ihaq4weed

Attachments

• herion_cap_au.jpg
    herion_cap_au.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 7,439