Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

racism in australia...

killarava2day

Ex-Bluelighter
Racial stero-typing is soo cute 8(

I freaking hate this term, I've come across so-called "muzza's" who are ten times the person most kandy-ravers are :p

For a "scene" that is supposed to be very open, we seem to be getting more and more xenophobic.

I'd say its a symptom of the wider xenophobia in Australian culture, I'm fucking sick of this redneck wonderland...

^^^ and thats exactly what it is ... a redneck wonderland, I myself am getting a bit sick of racism.... yeh, so what if a gang of whatevers .. did whatever ..(or whatever) ... that doesn't mean all whatevers are like that !!!! fark now I'm pist off ....fuckin muzzas (joke, I still don't even know what a muzza is!)

x2shy said:
Oh, and BTW, if you really think Aussies are racist, take a look at the rest of the world. We are far mor tolerant then most other countries.

So true.

People use the word racist just to get their own way.

This is Australia, built and ran by Australian's. If you don't like Australian's, or think you're better then them, go the fuck home you disrespectful little fuck.

Sleaze said:
So true.

People use the word racist just to get their own way.

This is Australia, built and ran by Australian's. If you don't like Australian's, or think you're better then them, go the fuck home you disrespectful little fuck.

Australia was built by the British shit for brains. Your attitude is condescending and patronising, and carries hints of racial superiority in it's self. Racial sentiments which I should point out bear a rather uncanny resemblence to those of the American KKK some years ago... In other words, you sound like you're pretty fucking racist yourself.

Respect for a nation, it's people and it's culture is a good thing. Telling anyone who "doesn't like" or "thinks they're better" to "go home you disrespectful little fuck" is pathetic, and like I said, smells of racism it's self.

You sound like a hypocrite. Oh, and you need an English lesson.

apollo said:
Australia was built by the British shit for brains. Your attitude is condescending and patronising, and carries hints of racial superiority in it's self. Racial sentiments which I should point out bear a rather uncanny resemblence to those of the American KKK some years ago... In other words, you sound like you're pretty fucking racist yourself.

Respect for a nation, it's people and it's culture is a good thing. Telling anyone who "doesn't like" or "thinks they're better" to "go home you disrespectful little fuck" is pathetic, and like I said, smells of racism it's self.

You sound like a hypocrite. Oh, and you need an English lesson.

Australia is a very open, free, and easy going country. Problem is, people come to this country and take advantage of it.

I'm not racist, nor am I a hypocrite, but whether or not you choose to believe that, doesn't really bother me. Same goes for your poor attempts at trying to insult me.

This one's for you;
"Most Kenyan's are great at long distant running" - Racist, or Not Racist?

sleaze, that's not racist, it's just stupid :)

the majority of kenyans are predisposed, biologically, to be better equipped at long distance running than, say, your average anglo-saxon, but they're certainly not mostly great at it.

most kenyans probably aren't too good at much but getting fucked over by the western world.

so, actually, your ignorance through that statement (which, funnily enough, i presume was actually an attempt to prove just the opposite) is almost bordering on racism anyway.

btw, i think i'm going to split this thread, as it's veered wildly off-topic. give me a minute...

Sleaze, how the fuck are outsiders taking advantage of Australia? You see a report on seven a few weeks ago? These refuge's, who have jobs, who pay taxes, who are normal, hard working citizens have to go back to their home country... even though some of their children wont be able to move back...

Actually, you could be one of those unemployed alcoholics that live off the dole.. dole money that these outsiders pay to you through taxes...

kenyans aren't predisposed for anything except for being black.

They're better long distance runners cause they live and train in high altitude low oxygen environments which helps them develop a body more suited to long distance running. You stick any one in that environment and the chances are they will be better long distance runners.

It's all about environment people.

When I see a thread titled "Muzza's" you just know within you that it spells flame war - it begins as a harmless discussion on the meaning of the term Muzza, but considering it has racial connotations, its merely a matter of time before discussion alters its course. This certainly has been the case with this thread, now its been split and I'm thinking how much constructive discussion it will promote. I'm thinking it will just result in a witch hunt against Sleaze, as it already has begun. I don't agree with him and I believe it was quite a narrow minded statement to make and I'm a firm believer that people should be held accountable for their words. As a moderator it would be my duty to intercede and prevent it from resulting into such a witch hunt - I considered closing the thread "Muzza's" last nite, but thought I'd leave it a bit longer and see how it developed - this morning I found that it had been split in order to discuss racism.

I understand that this is an issue in itself and worthy of a discussion - personally I would have started a completely new thread and provided a general discussion point. Splitting the other thread at the virtual point of Sleaze's comment doesn't present this as such, but rather a topic of his statement. Despite not agreeing with him, I still think it presents unfair singling out of someone rather than putting foward a general subject for discussion. I'm sure without a doubt that it wasn't 1234's intention for it be like this :)

This is a difficult subject to discuss objectively without the imput of emotions and hence for this reason I elect to stay out of it, due to my past dealings with racism - its a no win situation and I've just come to accept differing opinions.

In an effort to divert discussion away from Sleaze and into a more general discussion I present the following..

Do you think that racism is present within Australia and do you have any personal experiences that might suggest either way?

Please keep in mind that we are the product of our enviroment and people from different areas will have differing ideas - no one's asking you to agree with anyone, but please respect the view of others, no matter what side of the fence they sit on. I trust the maturity of bluelight will shine through and some good discussion will be the product.

thank you :)

heh. *starts to write up a huge flame, but squelches it with water*
Short answer: no. Australia is pretty diverse in its population and race, but there's no major racism... we *tolerate* each other pretty well, i would say.

Note tolerate... there's still a lot of improvements that can be made... we tolerate, but do not *synergise*

I believe there's a lot of "closet racists" in Australia, they will always say nice things and be polite and shit like that but inside they probably thinking secretly "jesus, that ¿¿¿¿¿¿ was so stupid" or "fuck'in nippons" or something like that.

P.S. I am not a closet racist... thanks very much. ;)

Sleaze, you said ""Most Kenyan's are great at long distant running" - Racist, or Not Racist?

well... what about these negros in swimming? I mean I don't think I have seen a negro swam in the finals of the oylpmic swimming..... is that racist or what for me to think that? I mean it's just something I noticed.

maybe this should be re-named the racism stereotypes thread...
but to stay on topic:

im not racist of anything like that (i have a colour tv) but the one thing that i have to comment on that really shits me is when u get a tutor at uni who has the vocabulary if a twisted peanut and cant even speak english. no im not giving them shit for having an accent or anything and i guess it is the uni's fault... but this is my education and if im paying thousands for it i dont wanna be disadvantages coz i cant understand em
my 2 cents

-diego

Acctually Sleaze's comment
"This is Australia, built and ran by Australian's"
is true. Doesn't mean that those Australians were from England (in fact most Australians that BUILT Australia in the early 1800-1900's were Scottish and Irish.
Look at the influx of migrants to Australia over the years.
Chinese, Italian, Greeks, etc.
They all became Australians. They all helped "build" Australia.
So sleazes comment stands true and if you automatically thought of Australians as being a WASP, then in my book YOU are racist...
Just my two cents.
I live in a country that allows me to share my two cents, although I now have to pay 10% in GST :(

I find alot of Aussie are pretty racist. The more un-educated and havent seen anywhere other than the state in Aussie they were born in the worse they are.

I guess it comes down to being narrow minded (alot of the comments I hear comes from the typical yobbo I swear Sydney breeds them). I met a guy a few weeks ago but as soon as I heard I dont wanna see NZ, Im like I hope your joking.

my best mate is of Asian origin, born and lived her hole life in Aussie. I remember getting on the bus with her one night and we happend to sit down near the back of the bus near these really drunk aussie guys who started yelling go back to your own country and shit like that at her and the other people who didnt look european.

And dont get me started on what I cop for being a kiwi.

Last edited: