Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Muzzas

Mr. Horse

Bluelight Crew
What exactly is a muzza?

I've heard it bandied around here a lot, and at parties.

My interpretation is someone of eastern european heritage. Greek, Italian, Lebonese... etc. If that is the case, then Bluelight has some really amazing "muzzas" who's posts are extraoridinary, witty and insightful.

Its used in a purely derogative context ie: "fucken muzzas everywhere" "hope there are no muzzas" blah blah blah.

What gives? When did we become so racist?

For a "scene" that is supposed to be very open, we seem to be getting more and more xenophobic.

topless cokies are muzzas
imho anyway
ill edit this and elaborate soon

A muzza to me is any one of those random guys at an event that have the idiocy to walk around shirtless.

This would be ok if they were normal folk.

Unfortunately, they buff themselves up, wax their whole upper bodies and then oil themselves up (it may be sweat from the very night - I've never had the balls to go up to one and ask) for an event, only to spend it strutting around, acting top shit and being completely unable to co-exist with kandy ravers or otherwise.

They also 'dance' the cokey pokey (as linked to above)

ie. a muzza=a cokehead

This must be a Melbourne saying. I've never heard 'Muzza' being used in Sydney... ever.

MoeBro said:
A muzza to me is any one of those random guys at an event that have the idiocy to walk around shirtless.

This would be ok if they were normal folk.

Unfortunately, they buff themselves up, wax their whole upper bodies and then oil themselves up (it may be sweat from the very night - I've never had the balls to go up to one and ask) for an event, only to spend it strutting around, acting top shit and being completely unable to co-exist with kandy ravers or otherwise.

They also 'dance' the cokey pokey (as linked to above)

ie. a muzza=a cokehead

Absolutely agreed upon MoeBro. :D

Yeo to me 'Muzza' has nothing to do with race/nationality. It's musclebound, sweaty, shirtless morons who look like they frequent 161, and like to think they are top shit, and don't care tat they are dripping/rubbing sweat all over the poor ravers that happen to be dancing near them.

They also like the be front and center.

muzby looks at his name

muzby realizes what it can be shortened to

ah well, if its meant to be, it's meant to be..

muzby rips off his shirt to reveal perfect pectorals and astonishing abdominals, snorts a gram of coke and shortens his name to muzza

;)

but yeah, chalk me up as a member in the "coke-heads-shit-me-club"

Muzza has little to do with the rave scene to me - but my husband really likes Commodores, so that's probably part of it. It still has the same racial connotation, of the south-eastern European (or "wog", if you will), with the slicked back hair and the gold jewellery. These "muzzas" drive loud, fast, mostly cheap looking V8s and have very leggy, painted-faced girlfriends who always wear boot-leg jeans.

In Adelaide, the word "muzza" was always derived from "Mario", so I just presumed it had the european connotations. But obviously that's not always the case.

Hardicus said:
Yeo to me 'Muzza' has nothing to do with race/nationality. It's musclebound, sweaty, shirtless morons who look like they frequent 161, and like to think they are top shit, and don't care tat they are dripping/rubbing sweat all over the poor ravers that happen to be dancing near them.

161? Where'd you get that from? Zoss and Evolution is where they frequent on weekends, the guys at 161 are the polo-shirt-wearing, mohawk-haircut, Diesel-jeans, collar-up, pouncy, Chapel St house handbags.

Let's get our stereotypes right here guys. =D

Not all muzzas are marios, or vice versa, but the middle bit of the Venn diagram is fairly large ;)

Muzza isn't really a negative stereotype any more than "candy kid". I call some of my mates muzzas affectionately (they know they are), and have had some really good muzza vs raver experiences in my time.

I've also had some really bad experiences to the point where I'm a bit wary of them when I see them, but the Muzza lifestyle (and it is a complete package!) itself isn't a reason to dislike someone first up.

Muzzas are as much a part of the Melbourne scene as the shuffle (don't often cross over there but it's funny when it does) and DJ Freo - you'd miss 'em if they weren't there.

Not all asians are gooks, and not all gooks are asian. Same thing applies for muzzas. It's a state of mind, a way of life, and a funny dance that determinds if someone is a muzza or not. Yeah they are different to me, and I don't want to be one, but that doesn't make them a bad person.

muzzas to me are the people that i accidently bump shoulders with at some huge commercial dance event, and i turn around and say "sorry" and they *in their coked out state of mind* turn back around and say "you wanna fuckin' go me mate, i'll fuckin' go you...."

*runs and hides*

OR it is the guy that was outside TT putting on a show for everyone walking past yelling at the top of his lungs "oh bro if you weren't me fuckin' cousin i'd bash you mate, i cant believe you took me commodore" - all to be said in a sik re wog accent....

to me muzzas are usually 'wogs' but imo, its anyone that is coked out of their head, with no top on, built like a five tonne truck, thinking that they are better than everyone else....oh and they usually do the "trolley pushing" dance to "quality" dj's like midro.......8(

there's nothing xenophobic about it and trying to drag this into a race issue is rediculous. its a label people use to describe a group of people whom are ruining the scene for others, it is not racially motivated.
these people are disliked for their actions not their race.
go champion the rights of someone who needs or deserves your help.

^^ the word wog maybe a pet name you give your mates, but the key to it is the intention - you don't intend it as a derogative slur.

Having lived in the country for four years as a teen, and having been on the receiving of constant physical violence for being a "wog", I know there is a different side it.

theyre just labels, ask yourself why you are unhappy to labelled one of these or any other? what are you embarrased of.

Are you for real?