Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

RaveSafe on Melbourne channel 9 news

RaveSafeVIC

Bluelighter
Have been interviewed today by channel 9 news in regards to the overdoses at Two Tribes.

Gave me the perfect opportunity to discuss the importance of harm reduction, as well as answer some queries around why RaveSafe were not present on Sunday night, the prevelence of party drug use in the scene and what strategies should be implemented to address the issue.

I was also asked whether dance parties would still exist if there was no drug use. ...had to stop myself from laughing when that one was asked.

All I hope now is they use the snipets about harm reduction!!

That would be worth watching indeed! Shame im not in melb :(

Well done RSVIC ;) (can i call u that?) heh

nat: did you happen to slip in an Enlighten reference and the work we do at all?

I saw you, and it seems like that cut all the harm reduction stuff out and just left in the "lots of people have been ODing on this stuff. "
Although it might be that my memory of what was said might be diffrent to reality.

yep, we got that newsflash over here in WA too, nice to see they are paying attention to important issues for us ravers, when you hear (on the newsflash I heard 12 people were hospitalized) 12 people have been badly affected by a drug, it reminds you that you are playing with things that can potentially harm you (although it's usually those testing the limits or just being plain ignorent to dangers), i'm checking off to read up on GHB because it seems to be becoming increasingly popular over in WA and I know next to nought about it. cheers, newb bluelighter