Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ghb Not All Fun And Games

hutcho

Bluelighter
Hey guys I am a new user of this website due to JJJ's GHB interview on Wednesday. I have been a regular drug user for around 8 years and have had some amazing times in and around the clubs of Melbourne. I have over the last year taken a liking to using GHB along with my regular use of marijuana, speed and pills - in the last two weeks I have overdosed twice and am experiencing an overpowering sence of depression and strugelling to deal with day to day life. If anyone out there has in infromation about dealing with the depression related to GHB and ways to kick the habit i would be trully greatful because docters and other professionals dont seem to have any idea about the drug let alone how to council some one who needs help! Thanks

[Edit: Formatted to remove all caps. BT :)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Hutcho..........Good question. Perhaps do a search on your particular inquiry as well as checking out the Vaults of Ewroid......you may find this an interesting source of info.

You'll probably get a more suited response to this over in "The Dark Side" forum, where people specifically deal with this kind of thing... But at the same time, there's probably a few people around here who are willing to help, so I'm not going to move it unless you want it moved. Perhaps you could have a look around in 'The Dark Side' and see if there's any information that could help you.

Could you be more specific about your GHB use? When you say you took a liking to GHB, how frequent is the use you're implicating? Is it withdrawal from frequent use (if that was the case), or the recent overdoses (as isolated incidences) that marked the beginning of this depression?

The "Vaults of Erowid" BongoBongo mentioned are here - http://www.erowid.org.

Oh, and please turn your caps lock off :)

The only way I can see someone getting off GHB is to not have it near you. The main problem with GHB is that it's so cheap, which means you could have it every ngiht if you wanted too. My best advice would be to not buy it, and don't hang around people who are having it. You'll slowly forget about it.

Welcome hutco. Please refrain from using CAPS, as on the internet it is the equivalent of a shout in everyday life.

And i agree with motoman. Just dont get any, use your will and beat the drugs.

GHB/1,4 Butanediol treatment can be assisted with the use of benzodiazepines. I do not know of any treatment centers you could use, however you could try to find a doctor who can assist you, or speak to government funded addiction facilities and try to get a redirection from them.

You will need to work out what is the source of your depression. If you are only taking GHB infrequently (say 1 session a week), then it is unlikely you are getting any withdrawal type symptoms from your GHB use. If you are using it every day, then that of course is a different matter.

More likely your depression is coming from your speed and ecstasy use. Ecstasy can cause quite dramatic depression a few days after its use which can last 2 or 3 days, speed can lead to depression immediatley after coming down which can also last for 2 or 3 days or longer.

Of course, the more frequent you are using, the more in need of a break you are.

I would recommend taking a month or so off any sort of usage to try to get yourself right again. Do some exercise and eat right.

If your depression gets serious and interfers with your social/work/school life then go see your GP and be open with your usage.

Thanks guys i have definatly take this advice and will be putting it to good use. I have made the move to the country for a few weeks to get away from it all and have entered into councilling and have an appointment with a docter today. Thankyou

Good luck with it hutcho, congratulations on taking steps to get control of things. Stick with it.

BigTrancer :)

Yeah good luck mate :) The hardest bit is admitting to yourself there is a problem, but you have done this and you should pat yourself on the back for doing that. It takes a very brave person to face up to that. :) I wish you all the best and I hope you keep us posted as to how you're doing!

Take care and good luck! :)