• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movies, shows, series, that were Historical

elijahwood

Ex-Bluelighter
And by this I mean accuracy in the reporting of putting documents into film.

I had a longwinded discussion with my history teacher at NYU...basically he said that he feels most movies exaagerate and aren't that realistic in dealing with history. HE said Ghandhi was one that was true to it...he did question Roots. HE said Braveheart made up alot of shit.

He said The Passion exaagerated....he claims every historical movie exaagerates, Cold Mountain etc.

Any opinons on the TV show Roots though?

When they show slavery to be that bad and brutal, is it really that bad, does that leave u the impression that all blacks went through that?

ya, most movies do. I was watching a movie on the history channel that wasnt even accurate, luckily they pointed out the problems of it.

But Oliver Stoned admitted JFK was a myth, much like the Warren Commission was a myth. But what about Roots?

jfk was a fallacy, entirely, was it not? i thought stone's whole idea was to filmically put out there a whole bunch of conspiracy theorist ideas which might have only been true, but probably weren't?

anyway, you'll struggle to find many -any?- films made within the hollywood system which are truly realistic, as the realism just has to be sacrificed for moments of drama...that's what sells.

i really can't think of many (well, any, like i said :)) films which i've seen -and have been good- which have actually stuck to what really happened...i guess it's a pretty difficult thing to accomplish :\