Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Nobody Loves Raymond (Everybody Loves Raymond)

HatchetHarry

Ex-Bluelighter
For the first time I just watched a full episode of Everybody Loves Raymond and I dont think I have seen a show this terrible since Homeboys in Outer Space. I dont know how this crap has lasted on the air for years and how Raymond makes over a mil an episode. Man people have terrible taste.

*edited for inflammatory remark regarding raymond*

please, keep it clean. you can insult the show all you like, but certain insults are not necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't necessary.

Closed.

hmm, on second thought, i will edit the the post, and keep it open, but i will close it if gets nasty

yeah, i've never understood the appeal of that show.. i suppose that some of the secondary actors like peter boyle are somewhat funny.. but raymond himself is a cure for insomnia.. the guy seems to be under the influence of heavy sedatives.. at times his delivery is practically catatonic.. it's the most overrated show on television.. also, the nuclear family sitcom focusing on the father figure formula has been done to death.. from father knows best to all in the family to the cosby show.. how 'bout some new ideas? mind you the simpsons also falls under that category, but circumvents criticism as it can be interpreted as a parody of the genre..

speaking of sitcoms in a family setting, i watched something called "cracking up" on fox last night.. the first episode was really good considering it was the debut.. plus it has jason schwartzman (from rushmore & spun) and molly shannon (from SNL).. and that helps a lot..

Actually i find Raymond's standup to be fucking hilarious..

but as to the family sitcoms in general.. i hate them all.. from Rosanne, Tool Time, Everybody loves Raymond, King of Queens.. etc

I'm really really tired of every family sitcom making out the husband/father to be a bumbling idiot. That 70s show does it too.. they all do it. Its a formula.. and they just keep reapplying it to various personality sets. Keep the paradigm, change the scenery and voila.. new shows.

They all suck

I don't find him that good of a comedic actor either. I haven't seen his standup so I can't judge. Seinfeld was good obviously though.

i really am bored by this show..
the jokes are not that funny or intelligent and yes, i do not love raymond. i cringe at his voice

I don't find Raymond all that funny. He's OK I guess. But, the other characters on the show, especially the brother, are quite funny. It should be renamed, "Everybody but Raymond (is funny)".

Worst show I've ever seen. I will never understand how popular that show became; it's a total snorefest.

i liked it a little bit when it came out, but now it's just old and boring.....kind of reoccuring

Finder said:
Worst show I've ever seen. I will never understand how popular that show became; it's a total snorefest.

Worst show behind Frasier.

Everybody Loves Raymond is so fucking terrible, it sickens me how this show has been on for like 10 years and goes up against Monday Night Football and does well. Who watches this? I think the ratings are lies.

maybe they should evaluate people's taste before giving them the boxes for the nelson ratings ;)

i actually used to like the show..

I like Debra, and I like his brother. I want to scratch Raymond's eyes out most of the time cuz he's such a dick in the show, and the Dad is also great. He's been in a lot of things, and one of my favorite things he's been in was an episode of the X Files, and i think he got an Emmy for that ;)

But I do agree, the show is not something I would ever be attached to, and I really dislike Raymond. I've never seen his standup though..

It's horrible. Im yet to raise a smile through the 5 minutes I've seen! Compared to Seinfeld. Its like comparing Britney Spears to Kurt Cobain in song writing ability. The shows cast is dull and theres poor casting. And the comedy I can't even raise a smile. The simpsons and the late Seinfeld and currently Curb your enthusiasm are hilarious and are the only comedys I will take time out to watch.

Finally some people who share my opinion on this show. It is absolute garbage and I've yet to sit through an entire episode. Bring back Seinfeld please.

I HATE this show...

Ray and his wife have the stupidest, most un-loving relationship 90% of the time...his parents are annoying morons..the only person I actually think is cool on that show is his brother..but that is just when compared to the other characters.

I don't get why people like this show..

it's on like 8 am every morning here in the uk, its perfect if your awake early and need to go back to sleep, prolly the worst "comedy" i have ever seen.

I had to watch this on an airplane to Europe... doesn't get much worse than that.