Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SA dob in a hydro day 10/3

secret squirrel

Bluelighter
i saw on the news last night that it was dob in a hydro day yesterday in SA, what a crock of shit. It went on to say a measley 18 ppl got raided as a result and as there were no boasts or bragging about the size of any of the setups founds I assume that all this time and money was wasted busting small time personal growers, but could be wrong.

Why don't they get us to do the rest of their job for them too, or better yet when are they going to run a dob in a corrupt cop day, they would get more than 18 useable leads me thinks....
:X

Dude, 'dob in a corrupt cop' day would render any Australian police force inoperative!

Anyway, what a waste of police resources :(

Logic dictates money and people power would be better spent tracking down distributors instead of users.

It does seem like it's not really the best use of police resources.

Five arrested after drug phone-in
March 11, 2004

FIVE people were arrested and 200 marijuana plants recovered after a special phone-in yesterday to crack down on hydroponic drug crops in Adelaide.

A police spokesman said they took about 800 calls which resulted in the discovery of 30 crops.

Five people were arrested and charged with drug offences while another 34 were reported.

Police said they still had more leads to follow up.

From News.com.au

oh well it seems there were more than I thought:(

how much police time was spent on chasing murderers or rapists that day, I wonder>?:p

How ridiculous. Besides the BS distinction between hydro and outdoor, what does this sort of "community conscious activity" achieve?

Quite likely a firm vengeance plan between rivals in a small area/ town. What better than for a some bush dealer to dob in the hydro competitor. It has - in the past - happened around this area, even without the "Dob in Day". Didn't they give that blurred ideal up with the NOAH (narcotics, opium, amphetamines, hash) dob in a druggie program?

Getting back to the BS distinction. If they are going to legalise/ decriminalise the plant, then what is actually illegal? I can't work out how 2 separate individual items can be allowed, but together they aren't? But then again, I could never work that out with bongs either 8)

Could someone more familiar with hydro laws in SA explain whether growing a plant outdoors in a hydro medium constitutes an offence?

And if not, would focusing and altering sunlight by way of dichroic filters and mirrors be an offence?

i must agree with you, if they had of thought about it at all they would of achieved the desired result by limiting the wattage used, as opposed to the number of plants or just straight banning of hydro.

People did take advatage of the new laws though, and grow very large commercial grows while still staying within the original limit. By controlling the light cycles in doors, and using some kind of trellis you can potentially fill a house with one plant..

It seems as though the SA government in this case tried hard, but still managed to fall well short of establishing some common sense in the drug laws.

Really the only people to blame here are the growers.They weren't smart enough to conceal their setups and not tell people.

^^^ no, the problem here is the law.

it sucks that people should have to go to such length to conceal plants (!) from the vision of their neighbours just because the government doesn't feel that it's our right to do what we like with our own bodies.

phase_dancer said:

Could someone more familiar with hydro laws in SA explain whether growing a plant outdoors in a hydro medium constitutes an offence?

?

the law, as i understand it(prolly NOT how its written) is that you may have 1 only outdoor plant and recieve an on the spot fine, nothing else.

You cannot grow any hydro at all, you will go to court even for a *single* plant.

**the following statement is my opinion not fact**
Hyrdo (I think) is deemed as any plant grown indoors under light/roof so i think non-hydroponics indoors would be treated as hydro, and hyrdo medium grown outdoor would be treated as outdoor.

If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me.

thats a VERY interesting question, i have known people to grow hydro outdoors with floating pontoons and all this other crazy shit... but its still an outdoor plant.

I think it would have to be classed as an outdoor plant, although im sure the law would like to fuck you over for such a sophisticated setup.

Thanks for your thoughts secret squirrel and erba. Here's what Hemp on line SA had to say

LATEST PLANT LIMIT = ONE OUTDOORS!
As of November 2001, the former Liberal government has reduced to ONE (1) the number of plants that is expiable by an on-the-spot fine
(Cannabis Expiation Notice / CEN).

If you get caught with more than one plant you will face criminal charges in court and a possible criminal conviction! Jail terms are also possible!

This applies to outdoor growing only.

Legislation has now been passed, that (once proclaimed and gazetted) will make Indoor Growing (defined as using artifical lighting and/or hydroponics or nutrient solutions) NON-EXPIABLE!**

The bill to ban hydroponics and indoor growing was passed in the Lower House before the last election and was re-introduced by Mike Rann
(against the advice of the SA Drug Summit) and was rushed through and passed in the Upper House on December 4th 2002.

Any users of hydroponics or indoor growers now face criminal penalties and a criminal conviction!

[Edit: colour added for emphasis; p_d]

a friend of a friend got raided by this bullshit, he doesn't even grow hydro!!!!

Now since this was a dob in day he was obviously fucked by some cunt who either didn't know whether he had hydro or by someone who knew he didn't have hydro HOW FUCKED IS THAT, it should be called fuck someover for revenge day...

As if that's not fucked up enuf, as a big thankyou from the government for NOT having any hydro when they raided him, they then started to look through his draws and cupboards (FOR A HYDRO SETUP!!??) and through his backyard untill they found his one outdoor and did him for it.

When the laws changed, he did the right thing and went to one outdoor only and this is his reward... it really makes you wonder. Now he has to make rich the people who are growing for a business. Nice one you filthy pigs:X

For police, there is one big difference between decriminalisation and complete legalisation. While something isn't completely legal, it is a foot in the door if one is needed. My cousin is very close to senior detectives in NZ. Most of them smoke a bit of weed, but don't want to see it legalised, as it is the only way they can enter a premise with "reasonable suspicion" if all else fails.

In the complex world that is organised crime, police need every tool they can get. It's just unfortunate that as cannabis growing etc is such a widespread practice, the law is often used inappropriately, or involves the deliberate - legit or otherwise - targeting of otherwise innocent individuals.

Sorry to hear about your mate secret squirrel. I hope he had a big fat one to come home to ;)

someone else i know got raided vy this today, IT WAS ME< FUCK!

Lucky for me I was too lazy to change my address when i left home so the first place they went to was my parents, and the time between then and when they got to mine was enuf to be gone with what they were after. :p

The cunts were obviously acting on some suspect mis-information as they asked me if i was still seeing my mates girlfriend? what the fuck?, i never was so i gotta whonder where did they get that info??8o

They went through EVERYTHING, EVERY DRAW AND CUPBOARD even tho they were just looking for *hyrdo*- is that even legal? it shouldn't be:X

After all that, they took my beloved bong and a two ounch stash i forgot was there when i legged it with the rest i copped a hundred and fifty dollar fine plus the value of my stash for the evil crime of smoking pot in my home.:(

All things considered it seems to me you were really quite lucky.

Careful secret squirrel. It sounds as if you might be turning into a danger mouse ;)

Did i hear right the other day, Thought i heard that in WA, you are now allowed a maximum of 30grms for personel use without geting a criminal record, was on one of the morning news shows, the one with David Koche (sp)

Last edited:
^^ I'd be really suprised if that was the case! Like really, reeeally suprised. Anyone?

While they're out attacking personal freedom, why don't the government run a "dob in a commie" day 8)