• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Comments and action to take on AFP misinformation being readily spread?

Dante

Bluelight Crew
Guys, check this out. It's been around Canberra for a while now, and I'm really sick of it.

http://www.afp.gov.au/raw/ACT/IronyEcstasy.pdf

I especially like the bits about the drainage of spinal fluid, and the one about the apparent life quota of serotonin you get... cause once it's all gone, it'll never come back. 8)

I'm also wondering what could be done about it? Anyone got any suggestions?

What a crock of shit :\

Maybe if we all separately email the AFP with our concerns about unsubstantiated claims it'll make a difference? Or a petition? I'm just thinking out loud really; if anyone has an idea, please speak up!

After I read the two above posts I thought I would be horrified, however after reading the .pdf most of it is correct and holds true. I would not have implemented an advertising campaign like this one, however on the whole it does give accurate information except for the spinal fluid grab, the life quota of serotonin, and the dodgy pill makers putting all that chlorine in pills. It doesn't suprise me that they put in the obligitory chlorine scare tactic, however I am unsure how they could have made the other two errors. I do like the idea of bluelighters taking on the AFP though ;)

edit: removed a pessimistic comment, i guess i'm just feeling tired after today.

Last edited:
[edit] only problems I can find are the comments about the quota of serotonin and the spinal fluid being drained...

still, people would take this as gospel and continue to spread misinformation.. which is what this site is against, right?

separate e-mails could be a good one, along with e-mails to newspapers with medical journal quotes refuting these claims maybe?

Last edited:
^^
That looks like it would be the best bet.

I think if you can back it up with evidence from scientific journals then it's more likely to be taken into account.

Suggestion? Email them, or even better ring them. The ADF used to have "kidney failure" as one of the common side effects of ecstasy on their pamphlet until I emailed them and said don't be stupid. It worked, they changed it. If you call them on their bluff they usually respond.