Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Extracting DMT from Organic Sources

Witch Doctor

Bluelighter
I just read an article on extracting DMT from organic sources, i was just wondering if anyone has attempted to do this?

I'm not chem guru but it sounded very simple. I just have afew questions.
1) what would be the best plant to use? (native to WA preferably)
2) is it worth it? like what yeilds could i expect from say X amout of watever i use.

DMT can be found in various acacias (wattles), so you will need to learn how to identify different species and know which are the better ones to use.

DMT is also found in Phalaris Aquatica and Phalaris Arundicea(sp?). These two grasses are extremely common in Australia in various parks and wetlands.

DMT - One of the most powerful hallucinogens known to man, is as common as plain lawn grass. All you need to know is how to spot it.

http://hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/p1/gw1030034.html

From a source:

Phalaris aquatica var. australian "high alkaloid"

This range grass was first introduced to Austalia over a century ago. It's rich in a number of interesting alkaloids and should be of interest to anyone exploring ayahuasca analogues. We think it compares favorably to P. aquatica var. AQ-1, and as a bonus, it seems to have better seedling vigor.

It should grow well most anywhere though it must be protected from hard freezes. Grows vigorously during spring and fall, resting during summer heat and the cool, dark days of winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the Ewroid vaults and check further info there.

Ummm.....be careful if you take it.....as the pilot of Enola Gay dropped the bomb on Hiroshima said "Fuck! That was powerful"

My two penny........Avoid

Bongo - Avoid? DMT has given people a wide spectrum of experiences. In certain contexts it can be terrifying, in other enlightening. I wouldn't be so quick to judge this psychedelic. Most people find it is best taken orally with an maoi. Preferably the harmala alkaloids found in Syrian Rue.

I agree with Leprechaun, DMT is the psychedelic I am working my way towards. I feel it is so powerful it has the potential to produce an experience so unbelievably profound, however it must be done when you are ready, or as ready as you possibly ever could be. I would suggest reading DMT: The Spirit Molecule before you even consider having this substance.

Alkaloids reported as (mg) per (100g) raw dried plant, and as percent of total plant source weight:

Acacia bark 0.71% NN-DMT
Acacia maidenii bark 0.36% NN-DMT
Acacia simplicifolia bark 0.86% NN-DMT
Mimosa hostilis root (bark) 0.57% NN-DMT
Virola shoots & flowers 0.44% NN-DMT
Desmanthus illinoensis root (bark) 0.34% NN-DMT
Pilocarpus organensis 1.06% 5-MeO-DMT
Phalaris tuberosa 0.10% NN-DMT, 0.022% 5-MeO-DMT, 0.005% 5-OH-DMT
Phalaris arundinacea ('net gossip) 0.060% NN-DMT ?? 5-MeO-DMT
Psychotria species 0.200% NN-DMT

Just remember please leave the plants alone if you find or spot them at natural parks, just leave them alone, don't rape these plants. Just learn to ID that plant and grow/find elsewhere as long its not in natural parks or whatever. I would hate to see special plants/fuana destoryed or property damaged because of drug pigs wanting to chase their DMT.

i was actually hoping to find what i need in a nursery.. =)

whether or not i will be able to is a diff story tho..

DMT we are reseaching into it currently, we did a local id today very many varieties around

kewl doofhard, keen on sharing some info? not locations..
but more along the lines of..
1) state or city ?
2) species ?
3) pics ?

Urbanhog said:
Just remember please leave the plants alone if you find or spot them at natural parks, just leave them alone, don't rape these plants. Just learn to ID that plant and grow/find elsewhere as long its not in natural parks or whatever. I would hate to see special plants/fuana destoryed or property damaged because of drug pigs wanting to chase their DMT.

Word to that!!!

DMT is the psychedelic I am working my way towards. I feel it is so powerful it has the potential to produce an experience so unbelievably profound, however it must be done when you are ready, or as ready as you possibly ever could be. I would suggest reading DMT: The Spirit Molecule before you even consider having this substance.

Last night I watched Sharmen in the Amazon.

After watching it I understand how important it is to be in the right frame of mind. You will either have the most beautiful and amazing experience of your life or probably the most frightining experience of your life.

On the documentary they say effect lasts about 8 minutes but Eroid I think says more like 30 minutes. The trip will feel alot longer than this (days weeks years).

The plant itself is non toxic but they said being scared enough can stop the heart.

I hope i'm correct with my information also the molicule DMT very closely resembles a molicule present just before death and near death experiences . Some say this molicule produces visions that people see when they have a near death experience.

Phalaris tuberosa 0.10% NN-DMT, 0.022% 5-MeO-DMT, 0.005% 5-OH-DMT
Phalaris arundinacea ('net gossip) 0.060% NN-DMT ?? 5-MeO-DMT

i have heard phalaris is best coz it grows pretty quick and pulps easily for extraction, but i didnt know about the 5-meo-dmt, and are you suggesting it may also be pumped up in the arundinacea?

Acacia is best to use because it contains n,n, dmt only, whereas phalaris does not.

Psychotria Viridis is also a plant that contains n, n dimethyltryptamine.

(refer to p. 290 of TiHKAL)

:)

Also, we wholeheartedly agree with Urbanhog, if you take the time to research and look properly, there are quite a few places that do sell abovementioned plants.

Leprechaun said:
Most people find it is best taken orally with an maoi. Preferably the harmala alkaloids found in Syrian Rue.

As a side note, Banisteriopsis Caapi is also a good plant to source for aforementioned alkaloids.

I'm on the path of smoking DMT myself ... been looking into it, read the spriit molecule .... hopefully sunrise, first day of 2005 ! ..... have any bluelighters actually gone through the extraction process with good results ????

In principle I see no reason why this should be a problem, or indeed difficult. Do your homework regarding which species contains which tryptamines you're after. Also note other amines or similar compounds which may be present in high amounts. Then consult a MERCK index to check each compound's solubility before selecting the appropriate solvents.

Sound like too much work? Then go to a site speciallising in DMT. The shortcuts are numerous, but with each one so is the purity of the product. Phalaris grass is probably the best source in this regard as extraction is reported to be easy, and it's quite high in N,NDMT, although as said it's also got 5-MeO-DMT. It may be possible to seperate these two with a relatively simple chromatography setup.

samadhi said:
As a side note, Banisteriopsis Caapi is also a good plant to source for aforementioned alkaloids.

I have been having some reall fucking cool low-dose experiences by rolling caapi/DMT 'luxury joints'. The beta carboline content is pretty low so its potentiation isn't really noticeable but some people I know in the entheogenic community swear that the other compounds in the plant interact with DMT in ways that make the experience that much more enriching, although that could just be hippy folk-lore. Still, the joints a nice as for a low-dose, all love, and its nice to believe the caapi has some kind of symbiosis with DMT...

Also, a good beta-carboline mixture can be made through a basic passion-flower extract if you are interested in potentiating the DMT. Whereas getting enough Caapi for an oral ayahuasca dose can be quite expensive if you have to source it from an o/s botanical company.