Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstacy + Alcohol...

Bored2Hel

Bluelighter
a good mix?

I know that the majority of people on here are sensible enough not to mix E and alcohol and advise anyone against it as it makes your body more likely dehydrate.

But what I wanted to know is wether or not it's just me but in my social circle alcohol and E go hand in hand. I don't know anyone who ever takes E without alcohol being involved. If it's a night out clubbing it'll be a trip to the pub before hand to get drunk or if it's a night in it always involves a load of beer a few litres of vodka and some Es. I don't know anyone who even bothers to stop and think about this dangerous mixture, I'll drink before taking the pills but usually stop after I've started to feel the effects as I do get dehydrated and really need to drink water but most of the people I know don't seem to get overly dehydrated or if they do it doesn't stop them drinking alcohol. Some of them probably drink more.

Is it just me and my freinds that are this stupid because it doesn't seem to common from the posts I've read on here.

I personally have a drink or two with pills to take the "edge" off... makes me feel less wired (i generally attribute this to speed in the pills... only really need it with some pills), but have more than one or two and you're risking dehydration.

Last night I got absolutely tanked while peaking, felt good, could dance all night even though drank heaps and wasn't as sloppy as when only on alki. Had to keep hydrated though, was persperating hard.

I think its fine as long as you listen to your body and drink plenty of fluids.

I might drink 2 or 3 drinks...but never any more than that.

My mates are big drinkers, so when they take ecstasy, they'll also take a half-weight of goey and drink a 750ml bottle of spirits and about 10 beers...if i did the same, I'd end up in the emergency ward.

my friend of mine was drinking one night then later on we got some octogons he took 4 of them and he looked like he was turning into a wearwolf, he couldnt speak, he was granding his teeth realy hard and he was trying to climb out of the car window.
about 5 hours later he come back to his normal self and asked were he had been for the last6 few hours
so i wouldnt drink n take pills myself anymore

A drink or two before hand I like just to level my nerves. More than 4 and I tend to get memory gaps or just too fucked up.
I have 3 bottles in the house before we go to the club (7pm to 9pm) and I find thats about right.

10 beers and a few decent pills on NYE had me retarded - fun at the time, but not any more!

I only find that I end up sitting down, feeling retarded and dumb if I have drank a lot of alcohol, I'm talking I'd say at least 10 vodka & mixers, even then I'm usually alright. Being drunk then taking pills is all part and parcel of the experience for me. I always need a bottle of water tho and takes drinks quite often, maybe If I hadn't been drinking this wouldn't be a problem. Most people I know say they don't get all that dehydrayed and they drink as much as me before hand and usually more after taking pills, this I don't understand? Any ideas.

alcohol and pills !! yep, dats my favourite combination, add some nicotine and mary-jane then you are set for the perfect night. =D

I'll usually have a drink or two before hand just to take the edge off like other people. After that I don't drink anymore. Personally alcohol is one of my least favorite drugs and the feeling I get from the alcohol is like 1/1000000th as good as the E feeling. So why drink?

I think people tend to exaggerate the risk of dehydrating when combining MDMA and alcohol. If you're at a club and dancing alot, then yeah, you should avoid the mix. But if you're just chillin at a house party, a bar, or at home, I think it's fine. Last night me and a friend drank a gallon of wine and then each dropped a pill. I didn't feel any more dehydrated than I usually do from either substance alone, and I feel absolutely fine today.

I've also found that getting shitfaced and dropping pills is commonplace outside of the US. For some reason Americans tend to be alot more conservative with E than people in say Ireland or the UK. In Ireland everyone I know would consider it a normal thing to get completely drunk and drop like 6 or 7 pills. Here in the US people are all like "OMG that's soooo dangerous, you should never do that.".

Last edited:
^^^^^^ agree with you completely, plus remember dat pills ova here(uk) are very cheap. A pill is actually cheaper than a pint right now. So there is a tendency of consuming loads. 8o

In Ireland everyone I know would consider it a normal thing to get completely drunk and drop like 6 or 7 pills. Here in the US people are all like "OMG that's soooo dangerous, you should never do that.".

YES!!

In Scotland it's fairly normal to drink loads then take loads of pills, people wouldn't see this as un-normal. Everyone I know gets greedy on pills and wants more!

diegoblunt said:
half-weight of goey

call me ignorant but could you explain what that is :)

about the drinking, i find that all my drinking + rolling nights end in a blackout, remembering pretty much nothing from the last night after only a few drinks.

I like having a couple of drinks (not getting trolleyed) to relax me, before E - I am more open to the eurphoric feelings of E. But then when I am on striaght E, I am too busy making sure all my friends are alright - checking their drinking water, are having a good time, etc - mixed up with a few drinks I stop worrying about them and just enjoy being on E myself.

Goey is slang for speed, especially in Australia.
(In Australia essentially all speed is methamphetamine)