• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film: House on Haunted Hill(1999)

Dj DaZ

Bluelighter
I dont think this movie got the regonition it deserved. i really thought this was a scary ass movie. decenting acting but its a horror movie good acting isnt a requirement. But the whole like regid moving of ghosts and black & white creepy filiming also gives me goosebumps. Plus hot chicks ali larter or however you spell it and famke oh baby oh baby. anytone else share my opinion?

I thought it was pretty poor. But that Famke chick you mentioned is damn fine. I think that was the reason why I sat through this film in the first place.

L.A.M.E. movie. Didn't frighten, and I wasn't able to suspend my disbelief that the black character was descended from a Black Doctor from the 30s. I'm not up on african american accomplishments, but that seems unlikely. Though it would be pretty irresponsible to make him a janitor.

if it serves me right he was adopted or atleast he yelled. but i could see his grandaddy being like a secruity cuz im sure back then it mighta been alright. segregation didnt hit big till the 50's

haha

hot chicks shouldn't be needed to save a movie..

i foundt his movie to be entertaining, but not necessarily great ;)

he did yell at the end "i was adopted!" and the ghost of the guy with glasses let him free..

It was superior to "The Haunting"...I'll give it that.

^^^^^
Hell before I saw house on haunted hill I thought they were the same movie. Many of the horror dvd/vhs cover boxes look alike

'house on haunted hill' and 'the haunting' came out the same summer and had very similar ideas behind them. i will always get them mixed up.

the 'i was adopted' was one of the worse endings i've ever seen. the whole theater yelled at that part. how disappointing.

neither movie scared me, and the stories could have been developed better. sorry i'm being so negative, but i tend to be critical when it comes to 'horror' movies.;)

This movie was great up until they got chased by a big black fog. If that's the best ending they could think up, why bother making the movie at all?

I loved this movie...I was just talking about this movie the other day actually, remembering how I went and saw it in the theater like, 6 times. The ending is def. the worst part of this one..

I really like the visual effects in this one, and Thir13en Ghosts.

If only the people who made them could get a decent writer to work with. The endings seem very rushed, like they ran out of time or money.

Haha I have thought that too, that they must have gotten bored of making these movies by the end. 13 ghosts ruled!

I have to say that this movie scared the hell out of me, and I don't get scared easily. It was all of the freaky/bizzaro medical stuff that did it. That stuff (and generally only that stuff) scares me to the bone. :\

^^^i'm with you. any medical stuff like that freaks me every time. I can't even remember the rest of the movie just that horrible start.