• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pillreports.com - Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory?

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
If you had the chance to let the powers that be know if pillreports.com was satisfactory or unsatisfactory what would you say? If you feel it does the job and it would be a waste of time to further develop it, please say so. If you feel it could be improved, what would you change to improve it? You don't have to go into a lot of detail one way or the other if you don't have time, the important thing is to get an overall feel from the user base.

Thanks. :)

Cool - Ok, I think PillReports is really useful at the moment, but there definitely are a few enhancements that I would like to see to help improve the quality of the reports.

Just off the top of my head, incomplete and in no particular order:

Stricter fields - Some more details about pills should be prompted for/validated (and some required). Things like: diameter, thickness, consistancy (dropdown maybe), score, etc.

It would be nice if description of pill was in a seperate searchable field, rather in the same body as the bulk of the report.

Effect report - It would be nice if there was a guide attached to effects that may be useful describing as well as non useful terms (smacky, etc) - maybe a linked how-to.

Though I do agree that (at least theoretically) all reports are good reports, I think if we try to make it conducive to giving useful information it will only help things.

The rating system needs to be rescaled/redesigned as well. Not 100% sure how this should be done, but I'm thinking about it :)

The other thing I'd really like to see is a rating system similar to ebay's.

By this I mean that other users (maybe once they've posted themselves/been a member for a certain amount of time) have the ability to rate other users reports for accuracy/content/etc. I understand that people have very different experiences, and could also get very easily confused between similar (rather than the same) pills, but I think this would still be valuable.

The reason for this is it helps twofold:
1) People can search for reports with users that have consistantly (or aggregate) high ratings. It means there reports are generally regarded as trustworthy and accurate.
2) It means that people may put slightly more effort into making accurate reports as "man, this shit is f*cking so whack, you should buy as much as you can man, I have 120 of these" is not really what we want.

With stricter fields, it could also be possible to aggregate/group reports by the same pill, by getting the system to match up reports based on content. Multiple reports on the same pill, would allow you to get "confirmed" reports (kind of think of it like multiple sources for a file on KaZaa, but for pills ;) ). ie: The A/Lexus' at the moment, would be listed as one of the best, confirmed good pills at the moment.

While I'm thinking about it, you could possibly get pill reports to try and do "most likely pill match"'s, by comparing entered details with a report.

I'd also like to see the "Pill Info Request" bluelight posts moved to PillReports, as it's really more of a function that belongs there (eg: the opposite of a report).

Ok.. that's me done.

(Original edit: Big - I missed the point of the original post :) )

Last edited:
Unsatisfactory

Personally, I think there is too much shit on PR. Too many reports with just "FUXORED FOR AAAAGES!!! SWEET PIL!!!!111!!"

I think it clutters everything up and gives a bad name to the service (media or parents seeing these sorts of reports dont help us).

I know I hate wading through 10 reports from one pill and not find a single one that goes past "WAS FUCKED".

Maybe there should be more required fields in the form; such as how long the pill lasted, comedown, physcial effects etc. Then have a comments section to add anything missed?

I know critics will tell me that we need ALL the reports we can get, but, the quality of many reports needs to be addressed.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Unsatisfactory.... but still useful (if i make sense)
agree with Jimity, but also maybe group pills, coz sometimes you will get a whole page just full of the one pill, maybe if the description, measurements, picture and test results of the pill a person is adding to the database match one that is already there it should be somehow added into the same category as that previous report.
Also i think the moderators should give ppl a rating on the quality of there report, i think this has been bought up before, like an online auction kind of thing, a user rating, cause there are alot of ppl who post excelent reports on there, and i would believe there reports (but still test myself), but on the other hand, some ppl are first time posters and all you get out of them is "wow this pill fully fuxored me up" no test results no nothing, and thats the last you hear of them, which i think wrecks it for the good regular posters on there, i know it would probably be quite hard to acheive the rating thing, but just needs to be more detailed and required fields i think....

:D

Last edited:
Unsatisfactory.

When using the search field and looking for a specific pill, it always sorts it by the rating by default which can be misleading to newbies!! By default, when searching, I think the results should sorted by date instead of rating.

"Does it do a good enough job already, and further development is a waste of peoples time."

Well it does the job now but it's like a Datsun 120B does the job of driving me interstate however a new BMW would do the job better. The BMW is not really necessary but it would make life a lot easier and the ride more enjoyable. Improvements can always be made but of course these aren't necessary. It's all up to the developers in the end and the time they have.

Last edited:
Thanks for the results so far, however can I ask those replying to start with Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory to give their clear opinion on it, then go on in detail if they choose to. It seems that everyone that has replied so far has suggestions on how it can be improved which seems like unsatisfactory, however the main question that we need answered is: "Does it do a good enough job already, and further development is a waste of peoples time." If it is decided by the admin that it does need redevelopment, a new thread will be created for ideas then. This is a preliminary one to determine if there is a need in the community for pillreports.com to be updated.

satisfactory. having just discovered this site I now recommend 2 one and all. Lets be realistic, the only way to be 100% is to have personal experience of said pill. But as a harm reduction tool and preventing you buying a dud aspirin pill I feel it is a good guide

The purpose is Harm Minimisation through knowledge. This, is feel, is being achieved rather well through BL

Unsatisfactory... need further redevelopment

Like someone mentioned above,stricter field about the detailsof the pill need to be added

also unhelpful reports need to be deleted, such a waste of readers time!!
I dont care to hear how 'fked' someone was or ' mad shit really good'

also someones suggestion of ebay type rating system is a excellent idea. Gives more reliability

Also pills should always be tested and non-tested pills shouldnt even be allowed to be rated. Reports should be based on fact. People consuming un-tested pills are just asking for trouble. And dont tell me about how trusthworthy the ealer is.

Cowboy Mac said:
Thanks for the results so far, however can I ask those replying to start with Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory to give their clear opinion on it, then go on in detail if they choose to. It seems that everyone that has replied so far has suggestions on how it can be improved which seems like unsatisfactory, however the main question that we need answered is: "Does it do a good enough job already, and further development is a waste of peoples time."

(Note: This isn't posted by agnte, it's by DirtyB - I just used a PC that was pre-logged in as his username).

Ok, I have already noted my suggestions above, so based on clarification from CowboyMac, I would have to say that it is Satisfactory.

However, I don't really agree entirely with the question - ie: Just because something is 'satisfactory', it doesn't mean it doesn't need work done on it - it seems to be ignoring the factor that a 5% change could result in a 90% improvement (not saying this is the case, just making a point).

Sorry, I work in software development and spend lots of time battling with people about requirements changes, priorities, etc. I'm a bit cynical :)

PillReports (combined with Bluelight) is, however, one of the singlemost (if not the singlemost) useful harm minimization resource that I can think of.

Keep up the good work guys,

DirtyB.

Last edited:
unsatisfactory.

i think you need a few more things.

something along the lines of what dirty-arab said.

either you need senior members who can confirm reports. or maybe you need to make a post and have 3 other people confirm it before it is 'fact'

posts with pictures should be given higher 'credibility' than others.

and yeah the descriptions etc need to be stricter and more complete

satisfactory.

pillreports is great. helped me out a few times. i do think thopugh that there should be one section for pills that are tested and one section for pills that where just taken. we all know it comes down to stomuch contents, weight, mental state etc etc so the only reports i really take seriously are the ones where the pills been tested.

Imo, redevelopment is needed. Trying to sort things by date etc doesn't work. It's a great system, but needs an overhaul.

Unsatisfactory
The scoring system needs an update. 2-5's are never given out because no one can be that precise with a 1-10 scoring system.

How about a condensed scoring system of 0-4. Where...

4 = was very happy with the pill. It was a great buy and would certainly buy again. 2.5hours plus of hard peaking
3 = was a good pill with a good peak.... over all I'm happy with it
2 = pill was kinda ok needed to redose early or double, would probably not buy again
1 = wasn't happy with the pill wouldn't buy again peak was very poor or non-existent
0 = pill wasn't MDxx

At the end of the day everyone gets such varied peaks from the same pills because there are to many factors involved with how it's taken and what with. By having a 1-10 score card there's to much differentiation and no one can be that precise in their judgement. All we really need to know is were you happy with it. This would cut out all the elitist crap about who's given a pill a 9 or 10. I just want to know if I'm wasting my money or not.

Last edited:
Unsatisfactory

Pillreports is definately useful but there are a lot of improvements that could be made as mentioned above. Just one thing I have noticed that no one else has mentioned, if searching for the pill name "A" the results are every pill name which has an "A" in it, ie. just about every pill ever made. Not very useful at all.

The ebay rating system is a great idea. Should be able to search for reports from people with a high rating.

I personally never test my pills and I am assuming there are a lot of people out there like me, (the only guy I know who tests is my dealer) so discriminating against untested reports is perhaps not such a good idea?

Last edited:
Satisfactory

I think the site is good, but it has so much potential to be better. There are too many posts of one pill for example the blue aliens in sydney, there are about 384938 different threads for it...

I think their shoudl be more compulsory fields, such as size, dimension, colour, shape, score/no score. So then we wont get such small description saying ... "GREAT PILL FUCKED ME"

If it was more of a compulsory field, less threads would be started!!!

Satisfactory...
many a time I have had a look on there and gotten a general impression of whats around and even whats making its way to certain areas of the country.
Agree though there is lots of room for improvement... you get to know certain people who give awesome reports and then recognise a valuable report when you see it.
Others give one liners with no info and is worse than useless....
You kinda have to wade through the rubbish to get to the chaff...but would rather have whats there than nothing....

SATISFACTORY.......but needs improvement

size score colour description is a very important matter when comparing pills to each other eg: two pills can look exactly the same but one might have a score and the other not. that can make a big difference cause one may be mdma and the other K and personally i hate k so i wouldn't be happy.

before a purchase my pills i always go on PR and see what everyone else has experienced for that particular pill i wanna buy and if there K or DXM i wouldn't rather go without. i know you can never be 100% what your buying but if you read 20 reports on 1 particular pill and most of the people have rated them high and mdma content then i take that in to consideration and compare the size etc then buy them.

i think this site can save a alot of people wasting there money on shit pills and maybe making people have a good night by getting mdma pills not K pills cause i know when i have had a K pill at a club and was expecting mdma i had a F___ed night cause i was on my ass.
another is the beige triangle that are sold as mdma but actually are a vitamin c with 2cb could really fuck your night and your head up especially when your expecting mdma, as my friend found out one night.

i hope that all made sense as i am in a rush and quickly typed something up thanks for listening......

p.s. please keep PR alive!!

Satisfactory

...but needs improvement or risks becoming irrelevent as the result of misuse.

Satisfactory......With some improvements.

I think the majority of us can filter out the bogus (dealer tryin to flog dodgy pills) reports from the legitimate ones.

Maybe providing a report template with required fields like size, press(hard,soft), smell, duration of effects etc. These should need to be filled out for the report to be posted. Priority should be given to reports with a picture.

While improvements could be made, I have found pillreports to be an invaluble resource when used along with bluelight.

All of my friends that i've introduced to this site and pillreports have benifited from the experience. They've stopped using terms like smacky, cokey etc., and I think they've learnt enough about the drugs they're taking to make informed decisions.

Good work. Keep it up