Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Day After Pills..

Immune

Bluelighter
Right... Ive done my searches and i cant find anything that answers my questions, so lets see if any one out there can give us a hand..

Okay, this is my problem...

1. After taking pills and coming home/coming down the next day I get funny coloured joints. Like knees, elbows, wrists and knuckles etc... they look kinda bruised and my skin looks rather blotchy all over. First I thought this was some kind of side effect from dancing, but I am still getting this even if I just sit around on my ass all night. Does anyone know why this is happpening? I drink a sensible amount of water so cant imagine that im dehydrated?

2. After taking pills and coming home... (as above) blah blah blah... My joints crack heaps. When i bend down, wiggle my toes, bend my wrist etc... the click really badly... its not particularly painful, but very uncomfortable and they stay like this for a couple of days. Its like they are not lubricated enough or something

If any one else gets this after a night out on the drugs... let us know... Im sure its not just me...

Thanks for your help.

Number 2 sounds like your joints are just tired and in need of a rest. Maybe these are just symptoms of your body being up and about for so long.

Hey buddy. No concrete answers here but hope its constructive.

Well first off it could be a few different things pale skin/off colour can be caused by a variety of harmless things, i find i look like a ghost the day after even after a few hours nappage.

The joints clicking is normal, i always get it on a comedown their are natural suppliments to increase cartlidge and joint strength but talk to your doctor, they can have adverse effects in other areas.

Only things i can suggest are.

1. Go to a daytime event/day clubbing, not only do you feel 500000 times better due to the sunlight and visible ppl (and a lot less dogyness as its daytime and everyone can be seen!) but when its time for a nap the rest of the world is as well and i feel it doesnt leave u with that shit here comes the day paranoia just a nice bed to come home too :D.

2. Eat a hugeass meal before you go out and have a few hours nap.

3. Use multi vitamin supliments, and during your night go buy a sustagen or 2 from 7/11 as these are full of good stuff, or alternatively make your own milk meal replacment drink and keep it in the car, i find these easy to skull down and they really do make you feel a lot better.

Milk of Magnesia supplements i think it is that will help you. A friend of mine has them and if i dont get my hands on them after a night out i can feel the difference, they help with the stiffness in ur muscles and that should in turn help with ur joints.

Don't worry i get this too. After a night out, if i return home in the morning my skin looks blue, almost green. When i look at my hands they look blue and cartoonlike.
i originally thought it was my mind playing tricks on me, however my friends have said they notice i turn that colour also.
freaks me out..

MDMA isn't great for circulation, if I remember correctly... So a nice warm bath/shower might do you a lot of good :)

^ Yep. I think the problems you're having might be to do with body temperature and circulation. MDMA creates a false sense of warmth so you'll find that, even sitting at home, your body temperature is likely to be colder. I always have a warm bath when I get home.

As for sore/cracking joints, you might find that following a basic regimen of leg, back, arm and shoulder stretches limbers you up. I get a lot of funny looks doing warm up stretches before I hit the dancefloor but I'm never sore in the morning anymore.

Also as someone else said, magnesium supplements are good for little aches and pains, and massage is great for reduced circulation to the extermities. Also great for the comedown in general.

mdma is a vasoconstrictor...see velocidex post in this thread regarding why your skin is paler (possibly appearing bluish and bruised even).

A nice warm shower, big cup of warm tea, and a fat joint used to be my essentials for coming down.

Has anybody had issues with urinry retention? I came home the other night with a full bladder but couldn't force the piss out for like 45min....wots going on?

Pissing while in MDMA is always hard, I think it's something to do with the drug messing with a hormone that regulates urination...anyway my advice is not to worry about it. You'll piss when you can piss. I have gone 15 hours without a piss before, which got a little worrying but all was good in the end.

The first piss is usually a difficult one to get out, just relax and then when it starts, push hard to make sure you get it all out. If you can't, come back later. I recon if I hadn't had a piss in 24 hours I'd probably go to the hospital though.

Relax, then push. Relax, then push. :)

tbh, i dont find it as hard to urinate after a good quality mdma pill as it is with speed or a relatively speedy pill (but that might just be coincidence). However, during the peak of a goodie, sometimes my brain is too fried to send the signal properly and i cant urinate.

The Red Apples though (meth/mdxx), they were fucken shockers for that!!! my cock was the size of a tic-tac and i pushed for 20 minutes to get a piss out every time...

A friend of mine goes blue on amphetamines, especially ice // meth. his hands // arms go a light blue colour, and all the viens come to the surface. its a little disconcerning, but a few people he knows // smokes meth with have the same problem. They think its due to increased circulation on these drugs as the heart is pushing more blood around and the viens come up to the surface as they have more blood pumping through their system.

As for pissing, I have to punish my prostate and squeeze as hard as I can to get the tiniest drizzle out, but as soon as it starts flowwing, its all good and dosnt stop.

Originally posted by VelocideX:
both amphetamine and mdma are vasoconstrictors - they reduce the bloodflow to the skin. Thus your skin will appear whiter than normal, contributing to that pasty "raved-out" look so many people have.

Ahhh the old pasty white raver look..... the cockroach effect I like to call it. (no offense intended to NSW readers)
The emptying of the room/event at 5am...the lights come on and everyone scampers out of the place with their eyes down trying not to meet everyone elses glances....(at least I do)
The area outside until everyone disperses is so fun if you into people watching...(without paranoiding everyone out if you can manage it)
8o

Isn't the joint thing because of the spinal fluid leaking out??? ;)

I find going fora run or swim the next day is awesome for sorting everything out for me - gets the blood pumping and releases all those beautiful endorphins.. :)

On the urination topic, apparently coffee (caffeine) is a diuretic (hope that's the right term) so it should get the pipes flowing. Works for me.

Vitamin C

I heard years back that vitamin C reduces the effects of a good pill, so to avoid drinkng citrus drinks etc while on. I recently heard a complete contradiction, saying that it is important to take vitamin C on recovery. Any ideas???

My favorite next morning activity (after a good shag) if a warm shower, a cup of strong leaf tea and a bananna. Works wonders!%)

Welcome to bluelight, swe_E_tie. Bluelight has a search engine that will give you lots of information about Vitamin C and pre-loading/post-loading.