in the cirsp morning air

in the chill of the silent dark
lights reflected upon placid calm
the river of yarra

a pause, i stood looking younder
into a misty night of dreams

a tug, an awakening, a dawning

i was in love

i've been waiting to write this for a long time, but there's just so many things; i couldnt possibly fit into one piece. so i decide to relate a one and a half hour walk in the dead of winter, when i first realised i was falling in love with this city.

i miss this place. for ten years of my life, this is the first place that i put my roots down and truly embraced it. i've been living inbetween places for half my life and this is the first place i felt at home.

there are a lot of contributing factors. coming across bluelight, all the bonding sessions with my friends, learning a lot of myself, finding the love of my life. i can say, being in melbourne has been the most important thing that has ever happened to me in life.

there are too many things for me to expound on in one post, but suffice to say, i felt at home here, which is more than i can say for anywhere else.

and i found myself here as well.

i miss this city, i always will, even though as the days go by, it begans to recede from me as one might, upon waking from a dream. im very regretful and sorry, but sometimes, these things just can be helped.

whatever the case, melbourne will always be a special place to me.

i just want to thank all of you, and i love all of you, silly as that might sound.

good bye

OK, I'm gonna paraphrase Hemmingway:
"If you are lucky enough to live in Melbourne as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Melbourne is a moveable feast"
that has been my relationship to the city. I've lived in alot of places, none of them felt like home the way Melbourne does. :)

great stuff as always Vurt, and Melbourne misses you :)