• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Advice on Pre-Loading....

Bored2Hel

Bluelighter
I need somone to lay out a good pre E binge routine. Looks like I could be having a crazy weekend this one coming up and want some advice as to what to do the day(s) before to make sure I have the most minimal of comedowns and don't feel shit for a week!

So far I've been told I need some Magnesium to stop the jaw clenching and some 5HTP for afterwards to replenish my Seratoin also heard someone mentioning taking some Vitamins prior to and afterwards the night. Multi vitamins or any particualr kind and what else? If I'm gonna binge I need to prepair this time!

I have read that your body needs vitamin B6 to convert 5-HTP to serotonin so some of that might help. Thats probably where the multivitamins come in handy. I usually down a berocca or 2 the day before and the day after for my vitamin B and my magnesium. And I also dissolve the berocca in powerade so I am well hydrated with plenty of electrolytes.

I have heard that a good drink of milk when coming down will help you sleep and give your body some nutrients after all that strenuous activity. I haven't tried this yet but intend to coz I usually have real trouble getting to sleep. I suppose eating something would be better but I am usually not keen on eating much at that stage.

I can't get 5-HTP here in Australia so I have been just trying to eat foods that are a good source of it. Before and after pills. Bananas are good, I think fish is good too, something simple like tinned tuna or salmon with the oil drained.

Anyone else got something to add? I am very keen to develop a special pill diet for myself to maximise my roll and minimise the come down.

Hopefully everyone knows what berocca and powerade are? It didn't occur to me that maybe these things are only available in Australia.

^ powerade is available in the US also

Take about 1-2g of vitamin C prior to and after the comedown. Antioxidant have been shown to reduce any neurotoxicity in rats.

Bannanas, whilst relatively high in tryptophan, have nowhere near what is needed to replenish your brain's serotonin supply in a day or so.

Additionally, tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH), which converts tryptophan --> 5-HTP, is significantly inactivated by MDMA.

I've tried magnesium to stop the jaw clenching.. and I didn't notice any difference. I'd say you'd need a munch stronger muscle relaxant.

1st q: I can't find 5HTP in my country. Are there any foods/drinks that could replace 5htp?

2nd q: I have multivitamins with minerals (ca,mg,zn,na...), should I use them? 'cause i heard that calcium or kalium increases neurotoxical effect...

Dont know if this helps but this is what i take before and after

Preloading:

1. 5-HTP - 200-400mg with b625mg and 500mg Vit c (night before)

2. L-Tyrosine - 500-1500mg
3. DLPA - 500-1500mg
4. Vitamin C - 1000+,
5. L-Glutamine - 2-5 grams
6. Magnesium - 500-1000mg
7. ALA 100mg

will be adding antioxidants like vit e while actually peaking.

Post load:
1. 5-HTP - 200-400mg
2. Vitamin C - 1000mg+
3. Magnesium - 500-1000mg

^^^ that sounds like a lot of trouble to go just stop side effects.

bored2hel: a good source of 5-htp is red meat. like a nice juicy steak mmmm.....

dr-greenthumb-
well see.. its not just the side-effects that it minimises (dont know about stop)
but I find I 'peak' for about 5 hrs intensely off one pill before i start drifting down..
the intensity of the peak in terms of euphoria is also more than what it is without the pre and post load.
Anyway it was quite pricey accumulating it all..

but I have found it to be worth it. I have converted a few of my stingy skeptical mates as well. I find from experience a difference can be felt. But hey thats just my opinion.

you would have to eat large quantities of things like sunflower seeds to get same amount of vit e as in a capsule.

I just use a anti-oxidant formula with vit A C E in it.
Or you can buy just vit e capsules or tables pretty commonly.

Actually thank velocidex for that,
hes the one who suggested that I add some fat soluble antioxidants to my regime.

Last edited:
^^ no food contains anywhere NEAR the amount of oxidants as im capsules/tablets. 1000mg of vitamin C is some 1668% of the recommended daily intake in the USA... you need very high levels of antioxidants in your blood to significantly reduce the oxidative stress MDMA places on your brain. There's a very nice article at erowid about this

yeah I agree velocidex,
what I meant is if you ate something like 2kilos of sunflower seeds you would get something like nearly 500mg of vit e
Its not entirely impossible though to do that :)
its just not practical to get through that much food. Much easier in supplement form.

Not only is it not as practical, but due to the larger volume of food the blood plasma levels of the antioxidant concerned would not be as high

re: magnesium
if you just take one pill before you drop, it won't work as well. i tend to start taking magnesium a few days before the event, which has def. helped me. ie - if the event is on saturday, start taking magnesium on tuesday or wednesday. :)

What about just prior to dropping?

I have friends that swear by alkalizing their stomach first using ural or some kind of antacid in order to increase mdma absorption.