Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I'm a "glass half-empty" wang. =(

Killing_time

Bluelighter
Epiphany after much contemplation.
I'm one of those pesimistic wangs people go on about, you know, the one's where people go 'the glass is half empty'.
I always thought I was a happy little man until I discovered this.
After much investigation I realised everything in my life is compared to something else in my mind... i'm never satisfied. *wink wink* =D
Example: My mates and I are watching the Victoria's Secret modelling thing and i'm sitting there going "man, she's not that good hey" and all my mates are like "YOU FUCKHEAD" and i'm like "she's good... BUT".
I mean come on.
That is seriously ridiculous.
Anyway, I was planning on making a point with all this.. other than i'm havin' a serious identity crisis :)
How many of [insert country bumpkin accent] y'all out there are notorious for such unexplained and unjustified acts of "wangness".
Is the cup half full or half empty?
Looking forward for some hyphenated, one word answers (there goes that evil sarcasm again).
=D
PEACE

Last edited:
^^^ the cup is definitely half-empty (or entirely) for me. i am a pessimist, but hey, the world sucks, so why shouldn't i be? i was in a similar situation to yours recently - i'd never seen delta goodrem before, and commented that i didn't think she was very attractive (i have since eaten my words, but stand by my statement at the time). my comment was met with astonished disgust by everyone else present at the time :)

I try and be a half full - enjoy whats in the cup rather than worrying where the other half has gone. Although in times of hardship its not as easy to have this mindset.

My cup tends to vary from hour to hour
I seem to have these raging moodswings which will at some point change from the said cup from completely overflowing, to dregs at the bottom, in under 3 seconds.

I know the cause, and I know the solution but solving it will be the end of me. Guess I'll hafta wait until someone can read me well enough and give me that helping hand :)

i may or may not have misunderstood this thread
feel free to give me shit if I'm completely derailed

you know whats funny?
i find it ridiculously hard to be pessimistic. whenever things get bad...like when i was whinging about stuff in my journal, there's always a little voice in the back of my head saying "ah shutup, you know ur only bein a sook and everythings gonna be ok"

and it always turns out right. every time.

meh, now i sound like a bragging bitch.
but come on guys, the worlds not out to get u. its just a lump of dirt.;)

^ No, but the parasitic anthropoids are out to get us :)

My glass is half empty. It's also cracked and leaking at an alarming rate.

Last edited:
Every time my glass gets empty, it only cost me $2.80 for the bartender to refill it.

29.gif

Sorry, had to be done.

Half empty

I'm very pessimistic and Cynical however this doesnt upset me as I'm not a very emotional person. So having the glass half empty ain't a bad thing - it just is- so i live with it.

Always three quarters full with me =D

I like to see the world and the people in it in the most positive way possible...every cloud has a silver lining and i'm always the one to find it.

I just don't see the point in looking at everything in a negative way and bitching and complaining about shit because really when you come right down to it life is for living and having fun in it....why bother with the bad?

This world has too many beautiful things in it not to be enjoyed.

I really have a hard time understanding cynasism actually and sometimes i find it quite offensive and maybe take cynical people the wrong way.

Everything is pretty....it just depends on what angle you look at it from :)

syntech said:
you know whats funny?
i find it ridiculously hard to be pessimistic. whenever things get bad...like when i was whinging about stuff in my journal, there's always a little voice in the back of my head saying "ah shutup, you know ur only bein a sook and everythings gonna be ok"

and it always turns out right. every time.

I'm the same. Every time life deals me lemons (and it's often, let me assure you)... somehow, I always, always, believe things will turn out ok.

I'm also ridiculously, naiively trusting of human nature... which I've learned to curb over the last few years because I've learned that not everyone has good motives, unfortunately :(

Still.... I've seen my mum divorced twice, been kidnapped, been robbed of all my (meagre) possessions at age 21, been cheated on for 3 years by the guy I thought I would marry, and god knows how many other awful things and yet... I still believe in the basic goodness of human nature. I'm still surprised when someone doesn't like me, or takes advantage of me, or cons me... you'd think I'd have learned by now :\

I guess that's a glass half full, whether that's a good thing or not is a matter of conjecture....

^^ It's the picses in you....i'm the same...have had many bad things happen to me but refuse to think that there is so much evil in the world as people proclaim

maybe my rose coloured glasses are on too tight....but it's just too pretty this way to take them off ;)

^^
so so true.

i believe the world and life is what u make it. and i'm only gonna be here for a short amount of time, so why not make the most of it and enjoy it?

i think i'm quite realistic too. or rational. i can weigh up pros and cons. but like SLM, i trust sometimes too much in human nature.
but hey.
i'm happy
and G'd (hehe=D )
and everything always works out!

Well, i'm not foolishly trusting and i have a healthy dose of cynicism however, i would definitely classify myself as an optimist.

If you look at the world as a whole and how it is currently run it is hard not to be pessimistic because lets face it, the world is fucked. However, this is on a large scale. I'm a firm believer that this is the only life we live, it has no point, and when i die... thats the end. By adopting this view, it makes me value every little thing i have here so much more.

Think about those beautiful sunny days where everything glows vibrantly and those sunsets that paint the sky in a colour spectrum too amazing to seem real. Obviously, theres the shit days aswell, where everything seems to be going wrong but life is based on CONTRAST and BALANCE. What is the good without the bad? What is up without down?

Instead of dwelling on bad times, look at them as a learning experience. When you look back at problems you once had, this new you values the lessons you gathered from the mistakes you made and realises that only by going through these bad times, can you truly grow and expand as a person. No matter how many times someone may tell you a stove is hot and will burn you, until you actually touch it, you don't know for sure.

Life is too short to be pessimistic. Believe in the power of positive thinking. Why anticipate negative occurences? Even if something bad does happen, isn't it better that it shatters a happy state than to have spent the last few years expecting it? Look at it this way, would you prefer to be shot in the head unexpectedly from behind whilst being on top of the world, or walk around paranoid of everyone, suspicious that people may be out to harm you?

Think positively :)

/psuedo motivational Adikkal

Adikkal

^^^
right with you there on the contrast and balance.

how bored would we be if everything was how we wanted it? we'd be constantly striving for some sort of change.

being pessimistic or optimistic is determined by whether you focus on the highs or lows of life.

doofqueen said:

I just don't see the point in looking at everything in a negative way and bitching and complaining about shit because really when you come right down to it life is for living and having fun in it....why bother with the bad?

This world has too many beautiful things in it not to be enjoyed.

If there are more people in the world currently starving to death than there are people living healthy balanced lives, how can the good outweigh the bad?

No offence, and this is not a personal attack, but to me people who see every cloud having a silver lining obviously can not see the clouds because they have their heads firmly buried in the sand.

Last edited:
Lostpunk - as nasty as it sounds to say, i'll say it anyway. Are YOU starving? If you are and you are in an insanely horrible situation i understand being negative. It is a very bad predicament that people all across the world are not in a good way but unless you are actively helping them, feeling sorry for them and being all "hate the world" isn't gonna help shit. It'll make your life less enjoyable.

(i'm not saying your like this by the way, its the universal 'you' im referring to)

I'm aware how self-centred that comes off but seeing the awful situations other people have to live with should make you value YOUR life all that much more. Everything operates on a sliding scale of relativity.

Adikkal

Half empty, half full? You realise that it's actually reverse of wat you actually are, as if you are a half-full type then you were expecting the cup to be full therefore are in fact the optimist, and not vice versa.

And more to the point I don't care, just as long as the glass isn't empty...

Well looking at it from an engineering perspective, i say the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Adikkal said:
Lostpunk - as nasty as it sounds to say, i'll say it anyway. Are YOU starving? If you are and you are in an insanely horrible situation i understand being negative. It is a very bad predicament that people all across the world are not in a good way but unless you are actively helping them, feeling sorry for them and being all "hate the world" isn't gonna help shit. It'll make your life less enjoyable.

Adikkal

Fair point. Besides minimal occasional charity donations I am doing sweet fuck all to help the problem. I am not starving. But every person that actually acknowledges a problem brings it one step closer to being something that politicians will have to address if they have a hope in hell of getting elected.

Ignoring problems does not make my life more enjoyable. It makes it harder for me to like myself.

NB: I didn't take your post as a personal affront. I'm not being defensive just stating my views :)