Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

how much do u drink on a night out?

(Sex)(On)(X)

Bluelighter
how much do u drink on a night out on average? (just drinkin, no other drugs except ciggers ofcourse)
I find that when i go out or go to a friends plance for an ocation & gettin drunk & drink a heaps of alcohol & dont stop until its time to go to bed..
id like to know how much other ppl drink while doing the same.
these days, if im at a p[arty of with a few friends drinkin or out in town just drinkin, I can often drink between 12-20 beers. (generally about half a carton of beer) I know it's binge drinking? but dont most ppl do this? how much do u drink? & is how much im drinking on a night out (which is about once a week) to much?

I drink 2 or 3 times a week (sometimes all week) around 15 drinks, therefore around 20 something *standard* drinks. So on average i'de say around 50 drinks per week.

I don't know if most people do that - in fact I'd say that most people don't. But a lot of people do, that's for sure.

Personally I only ever have a few - probably a maximum of 5 drinks. This is more out of necessity than anything because more often that not I'm driving so I have to have my drinks early and then stop for a few hours (sometimes more ;)) to make sure I'm down below 0.05. But it's also partly because I don't really like drinking any more than that - I don't enjoy being past the nice social stage of drinking and going into the borderline out of control stage.

Yeah I would agree with pleonastic here I would only have about 5-7 drinks a night and by that stage I would be tipsy.
Im hardly ever driving, so I can usually drink safely that way.

My bf is 21 and he only has about 4-5 standard beers and he is very drunk by anyones standards

Recently, around 12 standard drinks 3-4 times a week. That's pretty heavy for me, and very out of character. Usually it's 1-2 times a week, 5 or so standard drinks.

:)

I don't drink alcohol anymore, but I only had to drink 6 *standard drinks* to get drunk.

I'm 58kg and 6 foot, so no wonder I get hammered quick.

i guess i'm a bit of a binge drinker - i do have the occasional beer or two when sitting at home, but most of my drinking is done out at parties (all my friends are currently turning twenty-one), at which i generally have, say...ten or fifteen (twenty if i'm doing real well ;)) beers. if i'm drinking spirits, i'll generally go through anywhere from 350ml to 700ml (a full normal bottle). i can't handle it like i used to though, so i guess my consumption has definitely decreased.

generally, i'm tipsy after a few drinks though, so if i were intelligent i'd pace myself and keep to only six or seven for the night. unfortunately, i'm stupid and prefer to get maggoted :)

I too have had 21st's nearly every weekend for the past 6-9 months and I'd usually have 10-12 heavy beers (or equivalant) at a function such as this.

I have been binging like this about 2 or 3 times a week (Fri and/or Sat night, and one weekday night) for a while (~12months). Recently I have made a conscious effort to curb my drinking to once a week, which I'm not finding too difficult.

I had a big Tuesday night just gone, at a Melb pub with the following receipe:

Predrinks (at a mates house): 4 beers and 4 or 5 shots of Tequila

At the Pub: 2 jugs (8 beers), and a bourban or two towards the end of the night.

I was nicely trashed :p Tequila shots always set ya up for a great night :D

On a more serious note, I would agree that _alot_ of young people tend to binge in a similar fashion to both yourself, and myself - as shown by the replys posted already.

In my social circles, there is a general awareness that most drugs need to be respected and approached with caution/care, however I find that this does not applies to alcohol. Obviously, alcohol abuse can cause serious complications including liver damage, as well as a host of other problems, but it seems that no-one knows/cares ??? I mean - everyone does it, goes out, gets tanked, etc etc... If so many people are doing it, it can't be _that_ dangerous, can it?? Its so easy to get caught up in the social 'norm' and fail to treat alcohol responsibly.

I think if you asked most of my friends about alcohol abuse, they would probably say that binging 2-3 times a week is not 'that bad', and only alcoholics that drink every-day for years die at age 45 from liver-damage.

I too am guilty of abusing alcohol, as I stated above, but how do we stop this from happening? Or do we eventually grow out of it and move on to bigger and better things??

DISCLAIMER: I've got no idea of what I'm talking about - just thought I'd throw around a few thoughts/ideas. :p

Cheers,

erokr

i'll have 10-20 beers throughout the night.. but it depends on several things.
how much dinner (if any) i had.
whether i'm on the prowl (read, drinking slowly)
if i'm depressed (read, drinking verrrrry quickly)
or how much sleep i've had in the last 72 hours. the more sleep, the more beer!
i think the most i've drunk in one sitting was a bottle of scotch to myself in about 4 hours or so i think.. that was a depressed drinking session :) i'm just glad i wasn't sick.
(and for comparison.. shouldn't people be listing this? i'm 75Kgs)

^ did not expect that. You have a very different mental photo of what I imagined you to look like.

I find for a big night out I usually drink about 6 bourbon and cokes before going, then spend maybe up to $30 or so on drinks at the club.

All up about 10 drinks spaced over a fair few hours.

That being said I do not get very drunk off them, and only drink once every fortnight or so if that.

6'3" 84kg

I am certainly slipping into the realm now of Social Lubrication vs Enebriation.. I find that the 6 at the start at the night gets me to a nice level then I am just drinking enough to sustain myself in that place for the rest of the evening.

Depends on the night really and whether I'm driving etc etc - if I'm driving I try and space them out so I don't go over the limit. If I'm not drving anywhere between 5 - 10 standard drinks.

I have a glass of red every nite :)

LOL unsquare.... my old man always say "who's counting" and sometimes he replies "its that all???" if you tell him how much ya have been drinking..... maybe thats the cause why I drink too much on weekends.

not much heh...im a pezza...hehehe...my friends all drink 10+ beers and a 750 boubon while I manage 6 bourbon and dry's and be keen to head home and hit the bong ;)

My friends always burn my inability/dislike to drink...but even though I drink almost every day, I rarely like to get maggoted...not really a fan of the feeling...but i love the feeling of about 6 drinks and some good weed =D

I grew up on bud so I neglected alcohol for the most part and have a low tolerance to it. Eight or nine medium beers (Tooheys Extra Dry the current flavour of the month) and I will be absolutely shitfaced.

I like having a low tolerance, much better on the wallet :)

I rarely go out to drink any more, but mid way through last year, I was going out once a fortnight or so, and going through a good 6 or 7 pints before moving on back to someone elses place to mix it up with other drugs. Healthy, huh?
6-7pints being 12-14pots
no idea how many standard drinks that is. I was under the impression that one pot (280ml?) is one standard drink

really depends on the money situation...

when i've plenty of money to waste on alcohol, it's usually 2 nights a week, 6-15 standards each night.

Perhaps I'll have a couple of drinks every second night. Generally will favour Gin and Tonic, Champange, Cointreau or Vodka. Latley I've been having Absolut Vanilla vodka with Chinotto............DELICIOUS....well recommended, rush out and try it. Sometimes I might drink a bit more, but I live very close to the city so I can ride the bike around.......