• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ok forget the bullshit and the science, DOES MDMA CAUSE LONG TERM BRAIN DAMAGE?

ShinjiEva69

Ex-Bluelighter
This question goes not to the people who will point out research, but rather the experienced. And I'm not talking small time X do'ers, I'm talking about people who were or are on the scene for years and have popped hundreds of pills?

Do you feel it has affected you in any way? Memory problems? Depression? etc?

some people on her have taken hundreds and say they are not braindamaged u just gotta see ive taken about 25 to 30 pills in my rolling carrer (yes i know its not alot) but I don't seem 2 have any damage

started in 1985, since then, have taken about 1,200 doses of MDMA (and ~300 LSD trips). from that time onward, i have also been ripping bongloads at a rate of 14 grams per week, non-stop.

i managed to obtain several undergraduate degrees and an MBA from a top-10 rated school.

i work as a senior executive at a multinational biotechnology company, directing a whole lot of people on 3 continents.

perhaps i am brain dead, just too dumb to realise it - in any case, i have yet to notice any long term consequences for myself.

although who knows, my kids may be born triangles...

btw, my penis is WAAY smaller than yours (the above story is no bull).

Last edited:
That's a fine achievement nonobrain...

But I've been on a constant IV drip of LSD for 25 years...
That works out to 12,000 Ml per year AND my IQ scores have been on a steady rise...I'm nearing genius levels

^glad to hear!

does the LSD IV drip interfere with typing on the computer? ;-)

Dude you know what youve dropped about a K-pack worth of tabs holy fuck for the price u payed you proly could've bought a car lol

X-Logic said:
Dude you know what youve dropped about a K-pack worth of tabs holy fuck for the price u payed you proly could've bought a car lol

Originally posted by nanobrain
i work as a senior executive at a mulinational biotechnology company, directing a whole lot of people on 3 continents.

I'm quite sure that's the least of his problems ;)

nanobrain said:
started in 1985, since then, have taken about 1,200 doses of MDMA (and ~300 LSD trips). from that time onward, i have also been ripping bongloads at a rate of 14 grams per week, non-stop.

i managed to obtain several undergraduate degrees and an MBA from a top-10 rated school.

i work as a senior executive at a multinational biotechnology company, directing a whole lot of people on 3 continents.

perhaps i am brain dead, just too dumb to realise it - in any case, i have yet to notice any long term consequences for myself.

although who knows, my kids may be born triangles...

btw, my penis is WAAY smaller than yours (the above story is no bull).

wow, interesting post. But please don't anyone think they can go ahead and take as much acid and MDMA as they like without fear of repercussions.

Both LSD and MDMA can REALLY fuck with your head.

Nanobrain, I have a couple of questions for you.

Your drug use doesn't appear to have effected your intellect or ability to study. How has it effected you mentally? Have you ever suffered panic attacks, anxiety or depression? or any other mental defficiencies because of drug use?

Long-term, do you think it's effected your emotions? Are you as happy as you once were? Do you find yourself more susceptible to depression or anxiety?

And also, what made you take so many drugs? 300 doses of LSD for instance, is a great way to get HPPD.

Ok forget the bullshit and the science, DOES MDMA CAUSE LONG TERM BRAIN DAMAGE?

with that title you sort of already answered the question.

^^^^ Infinity's got a point there...Opinions on this are going to vary from person to person...those of us who have been around Bluelight long enough already know you're not going to get one general consensus out of all the people (on here and otherwise) who've taken hundreds and what they think has affected them...Some will say they've had depression, others won't..I've heard anxiety and it's lasting effects mentioned, and I've heard people claim they've suffered no ill effects... and why would you want to throw out the facts and knowledge that science offers?

Last edited:
anxiety

I've taken about 100 E's in my life.
I deal with anxiety problems and derealisation crises (increased if I smoke pot).
As far as I can remember, I have always been an anxious person
and doubtful about the reality of things.
But one thing I'm sure is that since I take xtc, my derealisation gets worse.
For example, if I drop 1 pill or 1/2 during a weekend, I'll feel weird for 1 week at least (mostly thinking about existential problems and not feeling connected with reality) :(
So I quit it... (1 month off) and now I feel fine

so, those problems seem to be only for short term.
I'm a student in psychology and all is good.

About the long term brain damage...
To notice symptoms of the Parkinson's disease, it is necessary that the dopaminic system is touched to 80%. One can think that the same applies to the serotoninergic system.
That means, if ecstasy really kills 5HT axons, the symptoms of these depletion could be observed only in the case of a massive use of it.
So, the senile cerebral degeneration could be a worsening factor.
We can make the assumption that the heavy users will have more problems (depression,anxiety,lack of emotions) when they'll be very old than people who didn't use xtc.
but hey, who knows?

I admit that what I have just said does not have to be in this thread but is only to animate the debate

Yes it does, like it or not it damages your brain, so does alcohol and many other things.

just keep it down, less regular and you will be fine, theres so much to it i find.

take supplements etc to rebuild problems etc, and have phun, MODERATION is the key - if u abuse it, then your a fool

Very good point, RAAS, what I have written is purely subjective, YMMV, consequences of overuse of MDMA or any psychoactive can indeed lead to all of the conditions so nicely described in the media and then “fuck up your brain.” I have come to know too many casualties over the years, people that have gone insane, killed themselves, got jailed and so forth.

Considering that the topic is Long Term damage, the bulk of my MDMA and LSD use was in the mid-late 80’s and early 90’s during university days – and in them thar days of yore, not much info on toxicity in nonclinical users was available. I believe the term “HPDD” was not even coined yet. The acute negative effects of overusing included a lot of lower back pain (the Draining Spinal Fluid theory was big at the time). There were indeed also acute memory effects - studying was not easy, hence I say “managed to get” a few undergrad degrees.

Certainly, I’ve had LSD trips which have forever changed my perception of “normal” reality, but in my opinion normal “reality” is a consensual hallucination geared towards the lowest common denominator anyway, and nothing to treasure or build one’s value systems on. I consider “normal reality” a game of sorts, really.

As far as the emotional / happiness landscape – in 1985 I was 18, an atheist, extremely depressed, violent and generally a very negative person. This all changed after my first drug experience which was a whopping dose of LSD.

Certainly, over the years / doses / peak experiences, I have become jaded as soot, but can still derive extreme pleasure, unaided by drugs, from very simple things – a purring cat, a sunset over the ocean, cooking a good meal, first run of the day on 3 feet of fresh pow-pow, gardening, conversing with the loved one, etc etc.

And at this ole’ age, I don’t have to waste time doing things and spending time with people I don’t like anymore.

Anxiety / depression – certainly happens, but then again, I am alive and most people experience these states, which are usually transient and in my case, caused more by living in a high-stress urban environment, maintained by powers that be, propagating a value system I don’t subscribe to.

Panic attacks - sure, every time I fly off a big mountain, or before a SCUBA dive, or when i see a cop in the rear view mirror...

As far as long term health effects, one of my degrees is in neuropsych, i have an extensive knowledge of my metabolism and psychodynamics and have been taking preventative and protective measures for about the last 15 years - proper nutrition, courses of nootropics, antioxidants and supplements, exercise, meditation, extreme sports etc. And, of course, as I have come to learn, moderation is key.

As for the reasons for former frequent intake of large doses - my use of psychedelics has never been to escape my situation or reality, but rather to explore the various facets in order gain a better understanding of same.

again, this is my case (nut case?) and opinions only.

Last edited:
I have been taking MDMA for about 15 years (starting at 35). Sometimes several times per month. The dosage varies (pills suck), but when I was able to get molly (almost right off the chemist's bench) I was taking doses from 125 to 250 mgs.

Also, since around 1995, I've been taking prozac about 5~6 hours after taking MDMA.

I have never had any ill effects from MDMA. Nor has the "magic" ever warn off for me.

I'm not the type of person to throw science out the window. What I will say is that given my prolonged exposure to MDMA, I have not acquired any loss of memory nor do I exhibit any disabilities as a result.

Like others here (and as a non-subjective "acid test"), loss of reasoning ability or memory would show up in my professional life (I write medical and scientific software). But my performance has not been effected.

just my 2 cents... ive dropped bout 15 pills in the last 6 months, i know this is hardly anything, but my life has changed, since ive taken the first pill i have defiently changed, not much... and its hard to explain myself, but i think i just look at life in a different perspective now that ive experienced the effects of MDMA... and i dont think after the first pill the other pills have had any effect long term

just my 2 cents... ive dropped bout 15 pills in the last 6 months, i know this is hardly anything

i hope you only say it's hardly anything in comparison to what some crackheads pull off. 15 pills in 6 months is still too much, i'd keep it low if i was you (take it from someone who's been there)

I know that nano has done all that and still continues to progress very well in the other aspects of his life, very good for him. I would also have to say to each their own, by that I mean everything affects people differently, but I would have to say in past 3+ years of drug use for me I have noticed some changes, but it is also hard to notice changes when you can't compare because I have no idea what I would be like if I had not done any drugs. I would say that there is no doubt that E does some work on your brain, one thing I can say though is that continuing education will help to lessen the damage as well as many other things. I plan to stop E when my college career ends at the end of next year, I have set this goal since the first day I ever did the shit. Anyway that is just me and everyone is so different so it is hard to say. Although if you look at a large amount of the research done, which I do there is no doubt that there is damage done. I know that prfessional are sometimes wrong, but for the most part they are pretty acurate in some aspects.