Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Happiness Syndrome - a serious mental disorder

Runner2

Bluelighter
Happiness Syndrome
Happiness Syndrome(HS) is a serious mental disorder that not only affects the victm, but also has an impact on those around him/her. It can last anywhere from a month to a lifetime. Recent studies have shown that allowing the patient to experience happy activities helps to alleviate their symptoms. This also should be coupled with cognitive behavior therapy for better results.

Symptoms
- Inability to think things through

-Acting like a child

-Easily exciteable

-Absurd thoughts of grandeur

- Decreased need for sleep

- More talkative than usual

- Flight of ideas (thoughts racing)

- Distractability

- Increased activity

- Excessive involvement in potentially dangerous activities

Taken from here

Does this remind you of having a good time on meth or just generally being in an exceptionally good mood? Either way, can you believe this?

This was all very funny until it became even funnier when i did a search for more on this and found this article:

Psychiatry has investigated, detailed and observed what's wrong with a mind and person way past the point of ridiculousness. It's not that they haven't examined these things. The severe error is calling them all "diseases", "illnesses", and "disorders". They continue to categorize every behavior which they consider deviates from complete "normalcy" as an "illness" or "disorder". I expect we should soon see "chronic nose-picking syndrome", "excessive compulsive reading disorder", and "excessive happiness syndrome" as they continue to catalog every possible human behavior as an "illness" or "deviation from the norm", implying altered brain chemistry and genetic defects as causes, and prescribing DRUGS, DRUGS AND MORE DRUGS as the frequent "cure". Or Electric Shock. Or brain butchery (surgery).

Taken from here

This anti-psychiatry site makes a joke out of too many stupid "syndromes" to be made up in the future such as "excessive happiness syndrome", but it already exists as in the first article I've quoted!!!

This is halerious! There is nothing wrong with psychiatry of course, and credit must be payed to a meriad of achievements and discoveries in the field but in this case I tend to agree with second article. But mainly, the reason I posted this, is the first article describes how I felt last weekend too perfectly :)

Yes I'd heard of the HS before. Apparently the symptoms manifest in a totally irrational happy state.

Perhaps the world needs more like this.

Last edited:
sounds like ADHD LOL

I display all of those symptoms :|

my mum used to be up and down like a yo-yo.. and sometimes i do it.. but i think mine is a learned behaviour and seeking for attention..

anyway.. she's been on heaps of drugs to try and sort her out.. but i think if you've had an unstable first few years say from about 0-14/5 then your mind may also be unstable.

the mind needs to be nurtured from the day the kid is born otherwise it just goes haywire..

To use my analogy of an analogue sine wave...

My abstract feelings on the happ-dis-iness-order

If your life is like music, then the extreme psychological states are the peaks of highest (and lowest) amplitude.

Some people play loud extreme music with large, sharp peaks, some people play laid back, gentle, soft music. Some people play soft music with spurs of loud peaks. Some people play all types of music.

Some people can't change their loud erratic tunes. They feel, or are made to feel they should alter their amplifier by installing a limiter (antidepressants), thereby limiting the amplitude of the peaks and dips.

If you think of the area under the audio curve as being time, then it's easy to see how little time is spent during moments of extreme peaks. Extreme peaks can induce ideas (creation) if accompanied by a balance of gentle, long period, low amplitude peaks; allowing contemplation, conceptualization and rationale. But constant high amplitude peaks become just that - no space between for reason - and confuse and aggravate. Lateral thinkers can be thought of as those with many tunes playing consecutively, creating varying phases of increased awareness.

I guess the thing is, to learn to find the balance in your life music. Be your own audio engineer, or magician of your soul in this case. Learn to summon the application at will. Fine tune your timing, and use the simple life tools we all possess and can tweak whenever we want, once we locate the controls; feeling anticipation - expectation, indulgence, abstention, joy in all things, sorrow in all things. premonition always view (imagine) your successful completion - review the worst possibility, thoroughly but briefly- develop plan B - then conjure all that's needed for the desired outcome.

If all of those conditions/symptoms listed under the Happiness Disorder weren't present to some degree in all of us, I dare say we'd never have had many of history's greatest thinkers, inventors and revolutionaries.

Just as soon as psychology stops trying to categorize the masses, the categorizers might realize what many non-psychologists seem to know by instinct. Even physical manifestations are altered by individual will. recognizing the centre of your consciousness doesn't equate to summarizing your physiology IMO. Drugs are merely the trainer wheels for the magician in all of us, only don't get too dependent on them or you'll be called a woosy ;)

Was that post reflective of any happiness disorder. Probably, but hey I'm not denying anything, just pointing out that abolishing another abstract part of human psyche only makes sheep out of leaders. That's my excuse anyway.

Last edited:
^ yeah, in-between those manic moodswings of irrational behavior.....actually I had to be quiet as it's a rare sleeping in day for others :D

I swear, everything is a disorder these days...

I'm with you on the issue Runner2.

People seem to have developed an at times unreasonable need to have their problems categorically interpreted so that they know it's not them, it's the disorder, and it can be dealt with...

Soma: yep - a number of those symptoms are also found in the criteria for mania. :) Except mania has a few more criteria (such as grandiose delusions) which would set it apart from these shenanigans.8o

Ok whatever buddy, just seemed a bit antagonistic/inappropriate but no harm done - I don't care that much about my opinion to rabidly defend it against any response. I'm chill, I'm relaxed so go for your life with the laughs. Also no offence but try and put some humour into your jokes.

I got all them symptoms! wow I always knew I had something I just never knew what it was. I'm not complaining after all I'm always happy in my world!

I swear, everything is a disorder these days...

hehe...apollo I think that they'll be on to something once they define the Conformity disorder. That which allows people to 9-5 it with little life in-between, spending most of their waking time thinking, talking and acting in a preprogrammed or expected way for the greed of higher authority.

What stifles the will for varied experience, or even instills fear of such? And what force of mass coercion builds such a strong belief that behaving in such a manner is good for your soul?

Mmmm...perhaps it's better than I remember, better give it another go I guess :\

superbabydoc said:
Soma: yep - a number of those symptoms are also found in the criteria for mania. :) Except mania has a few more criteria (such as grandiose delusions) which would set it apart from these shenanigans.8o

Runner2 said:
Symptoms

-Absurd thoughts of grandeur

It IS mania. Stupid website.