Votes: 23 8.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 22 8.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 177 66.8%

• Total voters
I thought it was an awesome movie. The refrigerator scene was so awesome. "I'm gonna be on television."

Man this movie is a complete head fuk! i luved it!! The camera angles, story line, everything about it. =D

Check out this thread it has heaps of links to other threads about this movie.

astro_girl83 said:
with the dildo in the middle of all those guys just makes me want to vomit :-/

i actually might of found this arousing, really, if it wasnt for all those shitheads yelling "cum, cum, cum" at them

sorry, I didn't know there was already a thread about this.

I still haven't seen it. It's never on TV. I guess I will have to rent it one of these days.

This movie is one of my favourites!

I am wondering if anyone knows the name of the theme song in it?

^dont know if there is a name, technically, for the theme, but the entire soundtrack is composed by some guy named Clint Mansell(from Pop Will Eat Itself) and the Kronos Quartet

You guys think the movie is good.. read the fkin book :p
It has more screw up shit like a scene where Marlon Wayans character goes to prison and meet up with another herion junkie that shots up junk in his neck. Amazing movie and equally amazing book.

^yes, hubert selby jr.(author of Requiem, and Last Exit to Brooklyn, which was made into another great movie, check it out) is one of the more visceral authors I have read

Nope, haven't seen it. But since it seems like so many people have good things to say about it, maybe i should rent it.

MynameisnotDeja said:
I still haven't seen it. It's never on TV. I guess I will have to rent it one of these days.

I have a hard time believing a movie like this will EVER be on TV.. I mean, maybe HBO or Cinemax, but not TNT or TBS ;)

In my opinion, one of the most powerful movies ever. It just builds and builds and builds, never letting you go and never letting you breath. I didn't realize Clint Mansell was from PWEI! I really dug their first album and loved the soundtrack. The Requiem Remix Project is even better.

also watch Lilya-4-ever

For my money it's certainly not the best film ever, it's pretty good. Take something like Trainspotting, please yeah, trainspotting is funny, more emotional (for me, obviously this is an area of contention) - certainly there are more different emotions involved, and has more aspects to it.
While his scar is fairly disgusting, as is the decay of the characters' lives - I didn't feel that any scene touched the dead baby scene of trainspotting.

The character's aren't all that strong (compare to something like midnight cowboy, even motherfucking Human Traffic).

"requiem for a dream" - a song/tribute for dead dreams?

for me the themes of this film were:
a. addiction
b. decay

I found it quite interesting that a film could deliver a powerful inspirational note (for me, a warning at least) through the depiction of negative events.

It gave me a kick on the arse and along with some other things has been telling me not to let mundanity, or staleness take over your life. If you continue to follow the path of addiction then the high (whatever it is) will go bad and you will decay into a less and less living person.

Note that the mum still got a smile on her face at the end whenever she saw that tv show... but she was a wreck. The mum also gave herself a positive evaluation only through being on tv, that would "make her somebody", mean that she had done something; though really it means nothing of the sort.

As this is a work of art the maker(s) of the film must feel that it is worthwhile to make works of art. This is slightly the opposite of decay, it is creation. That's just a connection, I don't think it's intended or strong.

This film gives a reason to be bothered

Last edited:
^^^ good analysis
14.gif

yeah, i like this film a lot. aronofsky's directing is a step up from the already superb pi, and makes the film that little more intense. obviously the acting is one of the strong points of the film - wayans, connoly and leto are fantastic; burstyn is amazing - and it is this which elevates it above a simple drama, imo. well, actually, the script is pretty awesome too, but it's the performances which really gives the film its resonance.

what annoys me most is that so many people miss out on the fact that it's not really a film about *drugs* per se, rather a look into the world of addiction, and what it can do to a person. looking at it that way, the film is much better.

I can't count the number of times somebody has encouraged me to come over to their house, do drugs, and watch that film.

Fucking morons.

its a good film, along with spun and trainspotting. each had different themes which lead up to their different endings, each of which suited them perfectly.

atlas said:
I can't count the number of times somebody has encouraged me to come over to their house, do drugs, and watch that film.

Fucking morons.

uhm, YES !!

8(

Even sober the movie is quite disturbing..

i love this movie... but nothing can ruin a great movie than hearing about it or seeing it over and over and over and over...

you get the point..