Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

EZ tests cannot determine the strength of a pill

BooMslectA

Bluelighter
I look through pill reports and i read ppls reports that say such things as;
Tested and went black after 1 second this pill is going to be awesome.

i would just like to state to the ppl that the time it takes for a tester to react does not mean anything. The testers can only give a small indication of what the pill contains, it will not and can not show how strong a pill will be by the time it takes to change colour. It states this on the paper you get with your test kit.

I am only writing this not to be a smartass but so ppl understand and do not get ripped off because they think a cartain pill will be awesome when it can be complete s**t.

Remember the testers are only an indication.

no i was reading a post in pillreports and thought i would finally log on in here and give my opinions.

another thing i would like to know is.... Is there any form of test i can get that would be able to determine the quanity/purity of MDMA powder??

In a word no. Lab quality testing requires some rather expensive equipment and the expertise in using it.

your states agricultural department probably has a gas chromatograph/ mass spectrometer for analysing compounds in water samples. wouldnt it be nice if we could borrow it lol ;)

I have read in many places that the speed of (eg) the EZTest reaction gives no indication to the strength of the pill. However, this goes against my common experience and my basic chemistry knowledge. That is:

1. 99% of the strong pills I have ever had have reacted very quickly with the eztest while weaker ones take up to 10 seconds; and
2. from what I understand of chemical reactions (forgive me I did not study science at uni), the more of the required substances the faster the reaction will occur.

Now, please understand, I am not looking to get flamed, I am just curious as my knowledge of chemistry is elementary. A simple explanation would be most appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time

kks

PS - As an FYI the exception to my point 1 were some green (think) 3's that seemed to be coated in some other substance with the mdma found after you scratched that off.

KKS said:

1. 99% of the strong pills I have ever had have reacted very quickly with the eztest while weaker ones take up to 10 seconds; and..

This has to do with many possible variables, not least including the many possible compounds which can be used as binders and excipients, many of which may affect the speed or outcome of the reactions

2. from what I understand of chemical reactions (forgive me I did not study science at uni), the more of the required substances the faster the reaction will occur.

This is sort of correct, but it must be realised that a very small amount of pure MDMA crystal will react very vigorously in a drop of Marquis solution, whereas a large amount present and distributed in a tablet mixture may react at a much slower rate.

Now, please understand, I am not looking to get flamed, I am just curious as my knowledge of chemistry is elementary. A simple explanation would be most appreciated.

Hope that wasn't too technical, Cowboy Mac can probably add something

Thanks ahead of time

kks

You're very welcome. Keep reading up on the many FAQ's and threads describing reactions, anomalies and explanations. Using the search engine here is a good start.

phase_dancer