• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Smoking Crystal Meth

fasty

Greenlighter
I am just wondering while smoking Crystal, wether it is more harmful to hold the smoke for as long as possible in your lungs before exhaling ( eg.like holding in dope smoke ) or should you smoke it like a ciggarette ( eg. inhale then exhale ).

Just trying to clear up a couple of arguements.

Cheers.

I believe after 3 seconds all, or most of the meth is absorbed, so holding it in as long as possible is just damaging your lungs. Don't quote me on that.

Use some deductive reasoning here.

We know it's crystalizing in our lungs.
So the longer you hold it in, the more should crystalize in there.
And you should get higher.
At the same time doing more damage to your body.
More crystal formations to break down puts more strain on your body.

BUT, from what I've experianced. You don't get any higher holding it in.
Soo, all you're doing is leaving more in there for your body to take care of.

Thus, inhale and exhale is the way to go. Least that's my blurb on the subject.

The Meth doesn't crystalise.

The meth gets absorbed through the alveoli into the blood very very easily. It doesn't form crystals.

Plus your reasoning that more "crystals" in the lungs wouldn't mean you being higher. You get high by the meth getting into your blood and into your brain. It collecting into your lungs wouldn't be any use.

But if you think about it, the stuff that is coating your lungs is in fact more drugs. Which your body ends up breaking down. So shouldn't it be safe to say that your body breaks that stuff down, it then enters the blood stream, ends up at one point floating back through the brain, and is filtered out at such and such a rate by your organs? Right or no?

I still believe you, but what about that little span of logic? It seems to be correct, but in reality doesn't work that way for some reason.

it is bad to hold it in. It recrystalizes in your lungs and can cause extreme damage to your lungs, not to mention that nasty mucus buildup!!!

Yea, we've established that fact. That it's no good. But that still doesn't dispell that little 'bout of logic in my last post there.

Methamphetamine doesn't "crystalise" in your lungs. AlphaNumeric has explained this already.

If you're going to state something or try to argue it as fact, some references or sources would be appreciated. We aim to transcend the various myths that go around, not perpetuate them.

Methamphetamine is water soluble. If it was going to "crystallise" in your lungs, it would need an environment that did not contain water.

To prove that your lungs contain water, try breathing out onto a sheet of glass (e.g. window) Well fuck a duck - water droplets!

Now try dropping some meth into a glass of room temperature water and stirring. Where'd it go?

Pardon the condescension but it's a little embarrassing that you're trying to argue biology when you make statements like this:

...enters the blood stream, ends up at one point floating back through the brain, and is filtered out at such and such a rate by your organs? Right or no?

Now I know better.

I wasn't trying to pass any of that off as fact. It was merely a thought of mine on it. Which I did ask about, wanting someone to explain more in depth to me. Sorry.

Last edited:
When you forcefully hold smoke (or just a breath, but smoke in this example) in, you may inadvertently do what is called a valsalv manouvere. This can damage parts of your respiratory system - there are some documented cases of this happening with people who smoke drugs. So it is safer not to hold your breath in this manner.

This is touched on in this thread: lungs damaged from meth?

Well crystal meth is water saluble, so crystalization of the lungs isn't an issue here. If you hold it in, or if you take X number of hits, its all the same. Either way, the dirty drug is being layered into your lungs, and you become more high with every bit of glass you put into your body.

Meth is bad for you no matter how you do it..period.

Whether you hold hits in or not..you are smoking toxic chemicals. Its damaging.

If you continue to smoke crank (ice,glass, whatever you wanna call it)
you are going to have physical problems.

Its fucking toxic as shit.

Dont get me wrong I liked to tweak as much as anyone..
But chemicals are chemicals

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?threadid=107649&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

This thread was started by myself and i believe that it may have been brought on by holding the smoke in for quite a long time, so holding it in cannot be good at all. From what i have read and reserched, all types of smoke have their m,aximum effect after holding it for 3 seconds, so holding it in may cause problems like my own. And i wouldnt wish that on even my worst enemy.

Methadone said:
Meth is bad for you no matter how you do it..period.

Whether you hold hits in or not..you are smoking toxic chemicals. Its damaging.

If you continue to smoke crank (ice,glass, whatever you wanna call it)
you are going to have physical problems.

Its fucking toxic as shit.

Dont get me wrong I liked to tweak as much as anyone..
But chemicals are chemicals
Yes, it's bad. But it can be even worse if you're doing it wrong. By holding in the smoke for too long, or prolonged heavy use, etc... We're here to try and make it as safe as you can get it, without having to cough up our lungs due to smoking dope. 8)

gotta love the un-informed tweakers who think crystal "crystalizes" in your lungs.

this post made my day!

In researching the post that Blinky Bill linked, I found a journal article on respiratory problems caused by drugs. It stated that smoked meth can recrystallise in the lungs! I don't have time to find it now (it was not available to the public on line) but if I remember, I'll look it up sometime.

Of course it is harmful since you are obviously inhaling such toxic chemicals (yeah but we commute everyday and the pollution does the same...or the cigarettes, bleah ...im rambling) obviously ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we put in our bodies are potentially "harmful" (yes, the magnesium silicate in your Revlon lipstick WILL give you cancer! j/k...actually im not exactly kidding here because i read it somewhere but i think its a bunch of useless crap that gets recycled every now and then in all those womens magazines health articles) Anyway. If you are a generally unhealthy person, have difficulty breathing, are asthmatic, have allergies , et;al...well then inhaling a drug as blunt and toxic as methamphetamine will probably and MOST LIKELY do you more damage and make you feel worse than if you hadnt . Common sense should reign here, each individual is different and drug users MUST know their limitations and thresholds when it comes to their drug intake. I dont know anybody who died or had to be rushed to emergency because he kept the meth smoke in for three minutes and 32 seconds...but this may not apply to you because its MY reality and it doesnt mean im ignorant about how bad it is. I for one am very meticulous with my health because i want to enjoy my drugs to the fullest without being reckless ...i know thats a paradoxical statement but its the only way for me. P.S. IMO, and based on MY experiences, inhaling the smoke and exhaling it a little slower (like you make smoke rings , or let it glide outta your mouth kind of slow) DEFINITELY increases your hit.So IMO (again, i just have to repeat) , its not the length of time kept in your lungs...its how sslow you exhale it (try exhaling it through a straw ..youll get the picture.) hmm....i dont know if thats the same damn thing,(keeping it in, exhaling it slow) what the hell. 8) All i know is it doesnt hurt your throat(unlike tobacco, or weed, ugh), and exhaling it through your nose will guarantee a good hit. This is just my two cents worth and when in doubt, DONT.