Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

marijuana varieties in australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbu

Bluelighter
reading forums such as bluelight, i've often come across terms such as "kind bud", "shwag", "mids", "hi-grade" which people from overseas use to describe the marijuana they smoke. these categories also seem to have distinct price ranges. there is also much more reference to particular strains of weed.

from my own (albeit small) experience with purchasing marijuana in australia, quality seems to vary greatly depending on where i source it from, however price generally remains the same. i might get some crappy weakass buds for $X one time, and then next time i pay $X (perhaps from a different source) for exactly the same amount of weed, it is mindblowing.

do we categorise our weed the same way as they do overseas, in australia, and i just dont have access to more expensive weed? i've also never heard reference to what strain of weed it is, people tend to just say "its hydro" or "its chronic shit".

also, would anyone have any approximate proportions of indiva vs. sativa strains on the australian market from their experience? i've got a feeling most of the 'stronger' weed available in australia is of the indica variety.

of course i'm not asking for sources or prices here at all, just interested in a discussion :) mods - feel free to edit/delete this if its not within the guidelines

cheers,
jimbu

%75-90 of all the bud you buy will be aussie sativas. Quality does indeed depend alot on the source, shitty gear in Sydney usualy costs as much the good stuff, its all about who you know. Yeah and its true you never know what strain you are smoking over here if you bought the weed. Even though im sure we are smoking some great herb, at least that is the case down here in Sydney.

^
since the major shift from outdoor cultivation to hydro a few years back, most of what we get in Oz would be termed as "kind bud" in the States.

certainly, quality-grown locals rival anything i have tried anywhere else in the world in potency.

so far, most of the strains i have encountered in Oz have been indi-sat crosses, with some of the best showing some characteristics of the good ol' Golden Thai...shweet!

afaik, thank god, we dont have "shwag" or "mersh" to speak of other than bush bud (which i havent seen for years). and of course, we dont have BC Bud.

Urbanhog said:
there's answers at cannabis discussion =D

thanks dude, you're right... theres lots of info in the prices discussion thread there... i never thought to look in that forum!

well after smoking weed in 3 countries india, australia, and new zealand.

i would have to say we have the best shit, however its cheaper in new zealand, and its free in india (well pretty much) but the price of hash in india is so low we would never buy bud.

I've been smoking Super Silver Haze only for about 4 years now.
Before that I was smoking Skunk No4, for about 4 years.
From people that I know that have been around the world collecting seeds, they say Australia has the second best weed only to Holland.

^^^That is testimony to why strain names suck.

If a strain you smoked was really THE SAME for 4 years straight...you would need an Oz a day to get high.

By the end of an ounce of hydro, my tolerance is already so high to that weed, that i need some new shit to get me toasty.

^^^^This is true if brew is smoked every day, but when your only smoking it a couple of times a week this doesn't happen, not to me anyway.

I don't know what this has got to do with strain names, the strain names are given by the seed banks. If you have ever bought seeds from one of the seed banks in Holland, you would know you get them in a little packet as if you were buying tomato seeds, with the strain name labeled clearly on the front.

Super Silver Haze was rated very high in the cannabis cup many years running. The only strains that come close in my opinion are white rhino and white widow. In recent years tho, I'm sure the seed banks have produced a superior hybrid.

I much prefer Northern Lights myself,mainly cause it was the first bud I ever smoked and it got me so para.That's good gear if you can get it,put my on my arse for 3 hours,I thought I was in a vagina being penetrated by a penis =D .

I personally loved Canadian's Kc Brain's California Orange which is Sativa dominated but it was crossed with a indica to shorten the flowering time.... fuck that was a nice weed.... very nice happy smoke, not too couch locked, and very floaty feeling type of weed.... best I have smoked so far in 2004. =D

When I smoked with a Canadian tourist a few weeks back he was skeptical at paying our prices, he claimed it was rather expensive compared to back home. After a couple of joints he couldn't stop saying how weed like this fetches a high price back home. I just couldn't understand it.... I always pay the same no matter what the quality is, our weed scene in Australia is a bit weird I have to admit.

You should be paying different prices for different quality, I suppose we don't because it would be so easy to pass of shit weed as good weed anyway.

In short, I think we generally get some pretty good shit over this way, well in Sydney at least!

lol my dealer used to tell me it was white rhino he was sellin me and well i usually just laugh when people say all these different names but wow im amazed to see that it is a real type of bud and that is ranked highly in the world

From reading other message boards, i've also come to the realisation that we operate fairly differently down here. No one else even knows what a cone is, it's weird cause it's so widespread here. I think I do prefer our system though.

The most potent stuff i've ever had was White Rhino, or so I was told.

I've always believed the majority of weed in Sydney is Indica, based on my own experience and what i've read the differences are between Indica and Sativa. I've never been told what strain of weed i've bought, except for Rhino, so I have no other way of telling.

from my experience alot of the weed in perth is mostly sativa, but probably not pure sativa as it can be a bitch to grow in hydroponics, with longer flowering times and getting extremely tall. get some indica too, but generally its the rarer type. its almost all hydro and extremely fuggin good stuff.

not many people use strain names though, and most people dont even know what a sativa is. those that do use strain names are often full of shit, ive bought 'northern lights' thats obviously a sativa strain, hmmm thats funny considering NL is a pure indica... lol

when i explained this to the dude he stared blankly at me...

the cool thing about australia is that we sell small quantities by $$$ not weight, people say how much is a gram and i say fukd if i know :) its a much friendlier and more 'stoner' system i think, cos you gotta know how big a bag is by eye, instead of wiehging each gram like its amphetamines

i often laugh at americans that bring a scale when theyre buying their weed 'by the gram'. i just bring my eyes and my brain. and of course the nose knows :) they should make a cologne that smells like fresh buds its the best smell ever

[Edit: Pricing discussion removed. Please read the Posting Guidelines. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
* then the grams go up with the more dosh u spend!
You tend to get more bush though if it's a bush deal and less hydro if it's a hydro deal,though sometimes I fail to see the difference cause some of the bush I've smoked recently has put me out quicker than hydge!.

[Edit: Pricing details removed. Please read the Posting Guidelines. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many to name...

They are all good arent they....l;) Would have to say i love a white widow cross/ anything hehe
Give me a natural outdoor monster anyday=D
The possibilities of strains are endless... so to speak, but how many out there are connoisseurs?%)

I'v smoked pot in Australia , newzeland and Thailand I'd say Aussie weed is by far better than the bud in thailand , and a littel better than than the pot in newzeland. and in austalia I always pay differnt prices for differrnet quality weed but I don't know the strain name my dealer just say this one cost $XXX an once and this one cost $XXX

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
Wasn;t there a report around here somwhere showing that Hydro actually has LESS THC that Bush weed???

Well even if it does, it sure has something MORE than bush weed when grown properly because it just doesn't compare. :)

speedygonzales said:
In austalia I always pay differnt prices for differrnet quality weed but I don't know the strain name my dealer just say this one cost $XXX an once and this one cost $XXX

That's strange, I mean some people might sell certain bud a bit more expensive than other stuff, but it really isn't a clear and cut system like it seems to be in other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.