Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

First Bong in a Fortnight!

eKLaB

Bluelighter
Yes yes it's hard to believe but I had my first mix in 2 weeks,since new years! I found it completely laid back and relaxed but at the same time it wasn't its usual stone. I was racey,really talkative and one point my heart was beating like I'd been in a 5k run.
Seeing since my fellow Bluelighters have more expereince than I,could this still possibley be the effects of my pill in my system from 2 weeks ago(NY's).
I've been exercising quite regularly(ever since on pills I told myself to lose my fat arse!) and eating really healthy,it was only bush so no heavy chems like the hydge I'm usually into.
:| <----- thats how I looked,so my friends tell me =D .

if it is still the pill still in your system, it's what i call 'residual pill.' it's never happened to me after smoking, but it always happens the day after pilling if i drink. that's why i like pilling on fri nite so i can have saturday as 'residual pill day.' often, all i need is a beer or two and it brings the pill back in a kinda alcohol subdued way. fun.

however, it seems strange to me that it may be the pill after two weeks, but everyone's different. also, don't underestimate your body's reaction to chemicals after you began exercising and/or lost weight. if i'm losing weight, everything effects me more severely.

cheers!

ps - anyway, i haven't smoked for two weeks and am right in the middle of that weird dream phase. which is kinda good becuase i'm a bit bored and doing some vicarious livin'!!

I know the weird dream phase...I had a tripped out dream the other night about giving Beyonce a massage and talking to LL-Cool J about what car he was driving then all of a sudden I was in the middle of a field being held hostage and people were casually walking past!

(not to change the direction of you thread but....) why do the dreams always involve some kinda comment on your life? mine seem to be mostly about my friends wanting to fight with me...... (for no reason, or for a very small one) and in real life, my friends rock and are nowhere near that arbitrary!

as a precaution, i just emailed a good friend of mine and told her about my one last night, hoping for some assurance. and i got it - whohoo! friendship still in tact!!

why do the dreams always involve some kinda comment on your life? mine seem to be mostly about my friends wanting to fight with me......

Now that's a big one to answer with any sound scientific explanation, but most psychologists explain dreams as being your own problems and difficulties which are portrayed in associated and recognisable [?] contexts.

You are supposed to already know what they mean, but in reality it seems to often take someone else to guide or notice things which you don't. And that's supposedly why you have them n the first place, to attempt another form of signalling (realisation) by giving (showing) it to you another way.

But I am convinced there are a couple of neurological functions involved which don't get a mention. Anyway things are heading off topic so we'll leave that one for now.

I found it completely laid back and relaxed but at the same time it wasn't its usual stone. I was racey,really talkative and one point my heart was beating like I'd been in a 5k run.

Dope is definitely more of a cardio-stimulant when you don't do it very often. There are a few factors likely to be involved in this but one is sure to be the amount actually absorbed. Regular smokers have a much lower respiratory absorption rate and higher levels of deactivating enzymes. Same goes for nicotine.

Ever notice how you can have 1 cone/puff of strong dope and get stoned, but 4 or 5 puffs won't necessarily get you 4 x 5 times as stoned. Other things are at play here, but absorption variations have a marked effect, and your body recognises and attempts to limit this very quickly.

Another thing which may affect absorption rates, is your blood oxygen level and levels of CO bound hemoglobin. Heavy smokers are reported to have up to 50% of their natural oxygen carrying ability disabled by toxic CO which forms very stable bonds with the Iron/protein complex, making it completely useless for carrying O2.

However, CO bound red blood cells are replaced often and easily, and oxygen can actually "nudge" it out if O2 pressure or concentration is increased. So exercising or simply abstaining for 24 hours can see full recovery in people without other complications.

Hope that helps to make things a bit clearer.

eKLaB said:
Seeing since my fellow Bluelighters have more expereince than I,could this still possibley be the effects of my pill in my system from 2 weeks ago(NY's).

p_d - can you offer any scientific explanation for a pill having a latent effect like this after 2 weeks?

It's just your mind not the pill ;)
The more you expand your mind the easier it is to slip back into certain grooves..

Re: Re: First Bong in a Fortnight!

Originally posted by happyguppy
p_d - can you offer any scientific explanation for a pill having a latent effect like this after 2 weeks?

I can. Placebo. There is no way after two weeks you could still have MDMA in your system.

Cowboy Mac said:
Originally posted by happyguppy

I can. Placebo. There is no way after two weeks you could still have MDMA in your system.

Slightly off topic:
What about dope kicking the effects of acid back in a few days after injesting?
You can not tell me that is placebo!

I find a few glasses of red wine a couple of hours before a smoke, magnifies the effect. But this is probably due to the wine's relaxing effect.

Also, could L-Tyrosine tablets effect the stone at all?

You can not tell me that is placebo!

It's not a placebo per se, because a placebo is an inert substance given (usually during a drug experiment to provide a control group), which usually has the identical appearance of the active drugs, so that the subjects and/or experimenters do not know if the medication ingested was active. Perhaps if you ate an untreated LSD blotter which had no active chemicals on it, that could be considered a placebo tab if you believed it was acid.

A placebo effect is the manifestation of mental and/or physical drug effects resulting from a person believing they are taking active drugs, when they are in fact ingesting inactive drugs.

From "LSD Does Not Stay in your Body Forever: Debunking another LSD Myth" by Erowid:
LSD is almost entirely metabolized within a day after ingestion. Since the half-life of LSD is only a few hours, only a very small amount of LSD remains even at the end of the trip, and this is excreted in the urine. All traces are undetectable after several days and are certainly gone entirely within a couple of weeks.

Maybe you were more susceptible to LSD effects, having experienced them recently, and therefore smoking marijuana (another drug which can have hallucinatory effects) allowed you to voluntarily or involuntarily feel similar effects. If you smoked during the trip too, it's natural that the next time you smoke you could be reminded of the prior experience.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
Memory Evoked Manisfestation = Reality

Having had LSD you have just altered a number of major neurotransmitter/ receptor pathways, and added to that change you have all the body's responses to correct the upset.

A new map needed to navigate?

Some of these alterations (windows) are still "open" after the great LSD has left the "building". Memories still vivid and being processed, are re-awakened by a complex acting drug like THC.

This is not so unusual and you don't even need drugs. One of the few wonderful things about getting older is the ability for special memories to completely take you there and create several physiological responses in the process.

Bliss in it's purest form

I have some pieces of music which completely take over my ability to feel bad. They give me goose bumps every time I listen, or sometimes merely when thinking of the music - after 25 years!

Last night after conducting a Ravesafe team leader class and feeling rather satisfied that I managed to convey some heavy stuff to those who previously knew little of it, I sat back after all had gone, and a piece of music (YES; You & I from Close to the Edge- deeply special) just came to mind.

Every hair on my body stood on end, an upward rush of cool energy then flowed upwards from my center, reaching my head and completely clearing my sinuses. My body was swept by a wave of vivid recollections that flooded my mind. I could smell the YES record I bought in 1976, so clearly, but then I noticed another smell - my old room - the incense I used to burn - Spiritual Sky African Violet. Visions of that time, stuff I hadn't thought of for years, the special times of that period, completely overwhelmed me.

True Ecstasy from a momentary time window.

All that and I hadn't even open my beer! =D

Re: Memory Evoked Manisfestation = Reality

Great responces guys. Cheers. I guess that is exactly what has happend.

Originally posted by phase_dancer
Every hair on my body stood on end, an upward rush of cool energy then flowed upwards from my center, reaching my head and completely clearing my sinuses. My body was swept by a wave of vivid recollections that flooded my mind. I could smell the YES record I bought in 1976, so clearly, but then I noticed another smell - my old room - the incense I used to burn - Spiritual Sky African Violet. Visions of that time, stuff I hadn't thought of for years, the special times of that period, completely overwhelmed me.

True Ecstasy from a momentary time window.

I LOVE that feeling!
Some smells still do it to me. They are usually toilet sprays (of all things!!). Some scented toilet sprays bring a rush of memories that flood my brain. A nostalgic, sort of like a homesick, feeling. Wishing I was back in that place years ago, when i had first smelt it.

Anyway, sorry, back on topic...

That reminds me of something which had a profound affect in this way.

Probably a topic for social if it hasn't already been done.... I'll head there

I couldn't say on that one shorza.

I'll give it some thought, but we probably need to summon the great nanobrain on this one. He's definitely the one round here for synergism / potentiation knowledge when it comes to amino acids.

hey guys i am interested in knowing y my pupils are dilating more when i get excited or listen to techs...not when im pilling but in the weeks following....and i know it has something to do with pills because when i didnt have anything for 6 weeks it stopped...but as soon as i did off it started again...i dont care i just fined it interesting and my friends find it amusing because they always so OMG look at his eyes