Roll Call - Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiberCross

Bluelighter
Delaware Rollcall!

Well on the 26th of Jan. i will be uprooting from the south(ga) and relocating to dover, De. Just curious if anyone here is from the area and what the hell is there to do up there. The really bad thing is i hate cold weather and from what i understand there is a lot of that shit up there. Damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi :)

I don't think anyone else on the board is from Delaware, but I'm from Maryland and have visited Delaware several times so, I figured I'd respond =D

As for parties I don't know of any clubs in that state that feature EDM. But the good news is you are only 1 hr and 56 minutes from Baltimore, Maryland; and 2 hours and 7 minutes from Washington, DC (according to a Mapquest search from the city of Dover to each of those cities). That may sound like a long ass drive for you, however if you're hardcore, it's not a problem %) I know people who come to the weekly in DC I go to every week and they travel greater distances than that. Maybe you can do it just once in awhile and when you do, crash at a hotel in the area and do the drive back the next day. Shouldn't be so rough that way :)

Personally I would say the only weekly worth making the drive for is Cubik in Washington, DC. This is my absolute favorite place to go and I ASSURE you that it is well worth the drive! Without a doubt. Like I said I know people who come from even the most northern parts of PA and the most southern parts of VA (probably more than 2 hours) every week and have been doing that for a long time. You can find more information on Cubik here: http://www.buzzlife.com/mssg_brd Also, I always start a thread in NE events for each month's Cubik lineups. Since you are moving on January 26th, the thread on January lineups won't be of much use to you but be on the lookout for a February lineup thread. (Oh, and I don't know how old you are but keep in mind that ALL events, even weeklies, in MD and DC are ALL 18+ and you must show proper ID).

I would suggest joining the Buzzlife message board (that is Cubik's message board, on the link I gave you above) because I bet there are some people from Delaware on there. If not, there could be people from areas of MD that are very close to you. They also have a forum for out-of-state events and maybe you might find something for Delaware on there.

If you are interested in non-EDM party things to do in Delaware, I really only know about the beaches and the shopping and some restaurants lol. The weather is not that bad. I'm sure compared to GA you will think it is cold but it really isn't that bad in this area (I'm only 2 hours from Delaware I doubt the weather is toooooo different than here ;) ) In the winter we do have very chilly days/nights but I'd say it's pretty rare the temperature goes below say 25 degrees (and if it does get that cold it's almost always only at night). Last year we got blasted with snow but that's cause we had some crazy blizzard. Normally we get a few snow days but it's not like it's a perpetual state of snowyness (not a word ;) ) outside in the winter.

Hope I was helpful =D

Oh and by the way, you are only 1+1/2 hrs from Philadelphia, PA. That's not bad at all!! There are always threads in NE events for parties in the Philadelphia area... check them out :)

And you are a little less than 3 hours from New York City. Definitely worth making a road trip there at least once for a party. Choose wisely ;) 2 years ago I went to NYC two seperate times for parties (it is a 3+1/2 hr drive for me) and both times were well worth it.

Last edited:
well i got here on the sixth and i must say that i hate the cold weather jsut as much as i had presumed i would. i miss the warmth of Georgia. but i'm here in Dover so i'll make the best of it.

Hey I am from DE. I live in wilmington and it is boring. But Philly had some decent events and stuff. From Dover it is only like an hour and half. In the summertime though Rehobeth beach is a happening place. Good luck and stay warm.

KK

Dover Sucks man! Seriously. Right now you wanna be in Dewey at the Rudder, the Starboard or Bottle and Cork. Or drive 20 minutes south of there and hit up OC, MD.

In the winter, Wilmington is happening. Wilmington has a bad rep for being boring, but it's really not. There's a lot of fun things to do if you are 21. PM me.

I go to school in Dover, but I live closer to the Rehobeth/Dewey area. It's definitly very boring here. Delaware has got to be one of the dullest places in the country.

I'm from Newark and I always bitched about how boring it is here...until I found out I have to move to Arkansas. Delaware is awesome because you are within driving distance of Philly, NYC, Baltimore, and DC. Being in NCCo, it only take me about 45 min to Philly so I go up there frequently.

If you are in Dover, I suggest driving down to Ocean City and going to Seacrets (get a dirty banana =D ). Dewey is always fun in the summer too.

^OC is AWESOME!! I love it...hit up seacrets during the day though. It's much more fun to chill on a raft and get drunk all day..then go to Party Block at night. HOTTNESS--and the chicks that work there, are really hot and wear the collest uniforms. (Thigh high fish nets...lil hot pants...awesome!)

Newbie from Delaware here...I live and breath in Wilm. Definitely looking for some fun!

who saw the viv la bam where he has a rave? He's from deleware. What kind of pills did he take I wonder?

Bam is from DE? I did not know that....hmmm...who is the most famous "roller" from our state (present company excluded of course!)?

Bam is not from Delaware. He is from West Chester, PA which is maybe 10-15 minutes north of the Delaware state line.

Bam & his crew used to party at Firewaters in West Chester (about 5 minutes from the DE line) until it got really ghetto and such. I haven't seen him around for awhile--they might be going to McKensie's or Duffer's...but who knows.

I don't think he does pills--I always heard him talking about coke. That's why we never really chilled--I'm not into that shit...but they are hardcore!!! Was invited to several hotel parties and shit...but nah.

Cool guys--and drinks are always on them--although they can be HUGE dicks!

Another newbie from Delaware. I live in Bear and would love to meet new folks. :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.