Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: "The State" appreciation thread

TiberCross

Bluelighter
"The State" appreciation thread

does anyone remember that sketch comedy show that came on during teh mid-90's called The State. none of the guys really went on to do anything really popular. well, one of teh guys is on that t.v. show ED( the one about the hometown lawyer or some shit). and one of them did those Snickers commercials.

I personally think that it was the greatest sketch comedy ever done.
Does anyone else remember it and if so remind me of some the characters and skits.

Remember teh one about a kid named doug that always wanted to rebel but he couldn't because his father would let him do whatever he wanted. Or what aobut the one where the guy(guy from ED) is running through a field proclaiming his love for his toothbrush. Or what about the one about he hillbillies that are idiots.Ex.: two hillbillies out in the middle of lake and one's hand catches fire and he doesn't know what to do so he sits there screaming " what am i doin?"

ahhh.....it was so funny. tell me someone knows what i am talking about.

my boyfriend knows that show

i think he has a couple episodes on his computer.....

one, about $250 of pudding? or something? I forget.

However there is a forum for TV shows and I'm sure this will be moved!

"you always give me a boner, a bo-oh-oh-oh-ohner"

yeah, the pudding one was great too!

Excellent. I'm always glad to see someone still appreciating this show. :)

I saw a State reunion in Brooklyn, NY about a year ago, everyone but Kevin Allison was there re-enacting some of their fav skits to a crowd of abuot 100 people in a small classroom type room.

Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter, and David Wain do a monthly or so comedy show called "Stella" at various spots in the city, as well. Their website has clips from a video they've released.. hilarious, but distrubing comedy. Well, some of it at least. :)

^ wow that's funky fresh! I remember they had this Jack Handy type dude and one of his skits was:

"When the big guy that is holding up the earth gets tired, we're screwed"

I worry about that to this day. :(

Haha, Old Fashioned Guy. :D

Another one of his best lines: "Women voters? I mean come on, Welcome to planet Mars! If ya need me, I'll be in my spaceship.." *walks off whistling*

aw man, i was all ready to talk up my state. i should have known it was going to be about that show.

:)
i have every episode of this show on my computer...i love it. And to you fans of the show I strongly recommend watching the movie 'wet hot american summer' it's directed by David Wain and stars Michael Showalter (he played Doug) and other State members (Joe LoTruglio, Michael Ian Black and Ken Marino). funny shit.

"i wanna dip my balls in it!"

I thought my brother and I were the only two people in creation that loved this show.

"i wanna dip my balls in it!" - brilliant.

Shame that didnt continue.

" what am i doin" is still the best with the guy from the snicker commercials

as you mentioned...

toothbrush! youve come back to me!!!!
<3

good good shit.
anyway

im outtta hhheeeerrrrrre

I absolutely loved this show...along with other early 90's sketch comedy shows such as the Vacant Lot and Exit 67 (I think?)

"sometimes i even put bacon in my shorts- MOST LIKELY WILL'

"i even made a dress out of bacon that i wear around the house"

without the state there would be no Reno 911... i loved the state more than cream cheese...

From Viva Variety, a faux French Variety show from the people who brought you The State:

"Daddy, what's 'Europe'"

"Oh, my silly son . . . part of Europe is in France!"

for christmas a few years ago my friend got me a compliation tape of stuff from the state, i think it was called "skits and stickers" or somethin...i really wish i knew where it was because he said it was reeeally hard to find then, so it would probably be impossible to find now :(