Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: most "disturbed/ing" movies

Audition is it? thanks. SPOILER - The part that still lingers with me is right at the end when their chopper crashes and a couple of them try to get out and the guy leans over camly and grabs their arm and says "there's no point, it's all over" (or something like that) and they just give in to death - and drown. Fuck, I can see the look on her face right now
By the way, I'm rollin' on my own right now so it's really comin' back to me
WOW!! sorry if this post sucks
gotta go

Hey Rythmatik, who is Miike and what are some of his movies - I love movies that have a real impact on me - be it bad or good!
Thanks, and if you know any other's...........woohoo!!

And I just became a bluelighter!! I'd like to thank the academy, and my parents and.....( soryy, bad attempt at humour)

Takashi Miike is a Japanese director who makes what are basically straight to video movies in Japan, but have gained cult status in the West. I guess one of his "trademarks" would be cartoonish, off the wall violence, though that's definitely not the case for "Audition".

Some of his movies are Ichi the Killer, Dead or Alive (1-3), Visitor Q, Audition, Happiness of the Katukuris (the most absurd musical ever, my personal favorite Miike film), and quite a few others including one with a Brazilian-Japanese guy and his gorgeous girlfriend, but the title slips my mind right now. The ones I've just listed are his most popular and probably the easiest to get. He puts out an average of 3-4 films a year, and he's been around for awhile, so he has a lot of films in circulation.

Even though the first thing people will mention with his films is the sadistic (at times) violence, he's also a very stylish and creative filmmaker that I would highly suggest seeking out.

^^^Agreed. Takashi Miikes films and SALO directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini.

yep, like negative said, cronenberg's crash was pretty fucked up (like most of his stuff :)) - i enjoyed it, but it's probably as close to disturbing as i've ever seen anything.

some documentaries

thin blue line is a documentary about a cop murder and the following investigation in 1976. its disturbing because it shows how corrupt our justice system truly is. it is the story of an innocent man sentanced to death by the state of texas. even tho almost all of the evidence points to another man. the movie actually ended up proving the innocence of one of the men, and resulted in him being freed from prison.

capturing the friedmans is another crime documentary. a family's life is flipped upside down when the father and youngest son are accused of being child molestors. the two maintain that they are innocent to this day. the movie looks at their side of the story, the children's side, the invesigator's side and the family's side. you will leave the movie with more questions than answers.

Oh man, animal cookie... Capturing the Freedmans was the documentary that I couldn't remember the title for. Quite disturbing. While my friends found that one of the sons was now the "most popular birthday clown in NYC" funny, I thought it was very very frightening!

The other film I feel which is worth mentioning would be Irreversible (which many posts previous to mine have mentioned as well)... disturbed me for DAYS.

I just had a look on IMDB - it seems Salo - 120 Days of Sodom - seems to be rated the most disturbing movie that most people have seen... I haven't seen it, but a friend did about 10 years ago... he said the same as all the IMDB comments.... sick & distubing... but they still call it ART....

shit i forgot the movie called the fan with de niro n snipes. that movie is jsut like creepy but movies bout stalkers n obesive people usually creeep me out

Daimo said:
I just had a look on IMDB - it seems Salo - 120 Days of Sodom - seems to be rated the most disturbing movie that most people have seen... I haven't seen it, but a friend did about 10 years ago... he said the same as all the IMDB comments.... sick & distubing... but they still call it ART....

If you think the movie is disturbing, you should read any of de Sade's books (of which 120 Days of Sodom is one).

i agree with everything david lynch... requiem for sure.. Spun is pretty fucked up if you were ever into tweak. um, lets see... hee are a lot of movies that left me feeling fucked in the head...have a ball. if you watch any of em, id like to know what you think.. i think my list gets more fucked up the farther i go...

Ravenous (not the "best" movie, but quite disturbing)

Wizards (a cartoon yes, but post-apocalyptic war and neo-nazism is scary combined with faeries and such.)

Beyond the valley of the dolls.. (you wouldnt think so, but theres underlying fucked up-ness)

About schmidt (again, doesnt seem so, but it really makes you feel like shit about even living)

Faces of death (for obvious reasons)

Blood sucking freaks (need i say more?)

Kids (c'mon, youve had to have seen it)

Deliverance (self explanitory)

Freeway (a lot of mainstream actors, but playing crazy characters... )

Acid house (i think its scottish? either way, wherever its from.... its insane)

Sleep away camp (just like any other lame slasher flick made in the 80's.. so i reccomend you fast forward it to the end.. BUT the end i swear to god.... left me with the willies.... crazy surprise that stays in your mind for a while..)

Untold story (all about cannibalism man...lol)

Kalifornia (brad pitt is uber freaky in this)

Well, sorry if it was a little much... but they are definitely some disturbing movies... enjoy!

=D

^ Havn't heard of this movie at all... Someone should give a kind of non-spoiler synopsis - sounds interesting...

KandEgurl said:

Ravenous (not the "best" movie, but quite disturbing)

Deliverance (self explanitory)

Kalifornia (brad pitt is uber freaky in this)

=D

I loved Ravenous, I had never heard of it before I hired it and had no idea what to expect... Awesome movie - I'm a fan (not the world's biggest or anything) of Guy Pearce.

Deliverance I have not seen but have heard so much about it would probably be pointless seeing. Sounds fucked up though...

And Kalifornia was a good movie albiet fucked up as well... Really drives home the point of not picking up hitch hikers (I know they weren't hitch hiking but hey...)

Daimo said:
Yeah as I mentioned in my earlier post SALO has to be the most disturbing film I've ever seen. Im yet to meet anybody who has seen it and has not been disgusted. All the other films in this thread compaired to this seem like PG rated family films.8o

SICK is a documentary about a performance artist named Bob Flannigan, who is suffering from some type of disease or disorder (not sure which one). He likes to deal with this in his art through masochistic torture and pain--needles and other such things. I want to say there is probably something with a needle going through his penis at some point or another, but I haven't seen it so I'm not 100% on that.

Another movie I guess you could consider disturbing (if you consider "Kalifornia" or a number of other movies on the list disturbing) would be "Last House on the Left". It was Wes Craven's first film. Though I haven't watched it yet, I recently picked up the DVD of "Cannibal Ferox", which is supposedly a classic in the cannibal genre, but seeing as this is my first cannibal movie, I don't have anything to compare it to.

^^^^Bob Flannigan also appeared in the brilliant clip for Nine Inch Nails "Happiness in slavery." If you haven't seen it I'd advise all to seek it out.