Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cold Turkey on drugs - Time record

papermate

Bluelighter
As part of my new years resolution,

I have decided to stop taking drugs. I went rather hard, and had a rather good time. But i'm well and truely over it, and have no future plans to take anymore untill next new years eve. Its a decision based on alot of factors,

1. money saving
2. body / health considerations
3. priorities have changed.

Thus starts the record..... i hope i finish. Anyone may join. Lets see who lasts the longest.

Must post if / when you break. ie. - 2 days or 2 months 3 days etc...

does this include alcohol; nicotine; caffeine? :)

good luck though - it'll take a lot of willpower, but it's a good thing if it's what you want!

Apart from alchohol I've not touched anything for over two years - believe in yourself

Best of luck :)

good luck!

damn, i tell myself i need a break but i cant see it happen anytime soon. anyone who knows Sllip will know that being his g/f probly wont make it all that easy to give it a rest!

kaned it pretty hard New Years and i'm hurt now. oh well. goin to perth, so we might go a bit easier over the next month!

Ive just given up smoking... im over the first hump and i dont want to smoke

As inspiration Id like it if i can use this thread to keep off smoking and use it as my withdrawal thread.. need a friend in the night thread.

All the power in the world to you papermate, your going to need it....

good luck dude... good luck

Backo

I went 16years without touching anything
Now I know I can stop whenever I want.
*goes for a line

Its just the people I hang around who make it oh-so-easy to get wasted

I am basically in the same boat. I gave up everything for about 4 months about 2 years ago. I am definitely in the same mood with life now as I was then. I am very over the drug experiences at the moment. I know that I will be back, but I have no plans for a while.

This break of mine may just turn out to be another 2-3 month one which is pretty usual for me so it's nothing monumental, but I do feel very very jaded with the whole 'scene' at the moment... :\

This break will probably last until two tribes in sydney :)

CB :)

i will be having a 6 mth break from doofing and drugs from march this year :)

I started only using MDMA, then inevitably other substances entered the equation with polydrug use. I think mixing substances is overkill on exploring the substances and turns into a mashed mess of getting high.

I haven't had MDMA for over a year and now and only use psychedelics on their own about once every 4 - 6 weeks usually. I feel a lot better since I stopped using MDMA, and didn't realise that I was habitually using it. I have clearer goals, my short term memory is back to normal, and feel like things are in better perspective now. I will probably have it once in another year, but only once and then leave it alone again, MDMA isn't a drug that you can abuse for long.

Some people stop using drugs all together because they are over them, but perhaps they just never found that happy medium. I'm now comfortable in my use and although I don't know when I will stop it completely, I know that I am not concerned with it anymore - its not a major emphasis in my life. It was difficult breaking the cycle and repetition, but when I go out i rarely have anything at events. It's something to do for a few hours but I don't make as big a night of it as my friends, and that was the more difficult part.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:
I'm with you there papermate.

I want to stop all drug use this year and start focusing on some of the more important things in my life. Saving money would be one of them and hopefully being able to travel overseas towards the end of this year would be a huge goal achieved.

This means a big change in friends and lifestyle for me, but I'm willing to make. It's certainly something to work towards! ...

Good luck for anyone following the same path!

Shal..
:D

Cold Turkey on Drugs... You people are atrocious! Giving a turkey drugs and not keeping it warm constitutes a serious crime, and to see how far you can take this, is just too much... :p

I'm phoning the RSPCA....;)

Seriously though, pot for me is the only one I find an alluring temptation. I can go without the others indefinitely. Spesh and I once went over 3 years without MDMA or any other psychs, stims, or pharms. Never gave it much of a thought during this time of baby raising

well since i brought in the new year rather wasted i think a resolution would be a bit hypocritical ;)

but my resolution is to only go to parties this year if i REALLY want to see someone playing, maybe the no drugs one will be next year...i'm not quite done yet! :)

I'd be more than deliriously happy if I can get my MDMA use down to once every fortnight this year as opposed to every weekend last year. Go 2004! :\

Yea I need to NOT SMOKE WEED anymore. It's destroying me :X

I have a good job/career but feel like it's slowing me down and warping my perception on things, making me more negative across the board.

Honestly it's the one drug that I feel addicted to. I've been thinking and talking about giving up weed for years but it's just so damn hard to shake off. Hopefully this year I will be able to fulfill my goal though I stuffed up last night cos a mate came pass to visit and guess what he brought around with him; "lets have a choof!". I should have said no because I was doing well but I didn't 8(

yeah im not trying to stop taking drugs well im giving up smoking cigs and its fucking hard to say the least but yeah im forcing myself to cut back on other drugs aswell because this is my final year of school and i dont want to be scattered from smoking weed everyday and drinking myself stupid with a biccie or 2 every weekend so yeah im giving up cigs and cutting back hard on other substances like every 2nd weekend is going to be clean and the other weekends well i cant get blind unless its a special occaison

haste said:
^^^ how high is your tollerance?

I gack an entire ten-pack and get slight tingles... =D ...you'd think so wouldn't you.

No seriously... I have two things going for me:

1. Low natural tolerance or good exuberance (I can't tell but it's one of them)
2. 5-HTP (I mean lots)

Dropping say once a week, an average of three to four usually strong MD pills each time.

It's gotten to the point where it's become so routine, the whole process of going out, going up, coming down and pulling myself together for work Monday is exceedingly normal... it's scary how the human body adapts itself to that sort of lifestyle and it becomes as common as a few beers after work on Friday.

Though I know I have to get off this rollercoaster soon... I don't want to be in the same place a year from now, that's for sure.

^^^ ahhhh 4 pills a night to be able to get what your supposed to from it i couldn't do. Mainly financially but health wise that has to be bad. I'm pissed off that one doesnt do what it does for me anymore and the next time i have a pill (which is actually not often anymore for various reasons) i will have to have two i think to get a decent effect

Now thats $70 for an xtc dose that will last maybe 3 hrs? i dont know if it's worth it really :\

Jesus i like my acid though =D