• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates On Coke Comedown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psilo707

Bluelight Crew
** Used Search and came up with vague results **

I am not too big of a user of opiates, although I enjoy the occasional vicodin (and perc when I can get it). Used to take a lot of Hydrocodone but I did not do many other drugs at that time.

I'm wondering how hydrocodone and other opiates will smooth out the comedown of cocaine. And if so - how many mg of Hydro's would you all take? I will probably take 15-20 mg or so, but I'm wondering if more is required to make things slightly more enjoyable again. Although I doubt that, I have no probs taking a little more.

Thanks all -

A benzo would probably work better, but 15-20mg of hydro would probably do nicely. If you feel like you need more, take a little more, just be careful of the amount of APAP you're popping.

diazepam is nice on a coke comedown, and im sure that opiates would do nicely also...

Opiates are the best thing for a coke comedown, you have to use a strong opiate in high enough doses to overpower the negative aspects of the coke comedown. Benzos work, Opiates work better, Combined works the best (if you have a brain on your shoulders and know limits).

I will not snort coke unless I have benzos, I will not freebase/inject coke if I do not have opiates for the comedown.

Is the coke comedown comparable to the ecstasy comedown in any way? allthough I never 'suffered' a true ecstasy comedown, rather an afterglow, I understand what it can be like.. so how is the coke comedown in comparison?

If im going too be snorting an 8ball i take 60mg of hydrocodone with my last line, and it kicks in just in time.

stz: the ecstasy comedown is a feeling of depression and crash, with not much feeling to take more of the drug.
the coke comedown is not so much pain, as it is "Holy Shit I need more!!". It messes with you to the max psychologically. Which is probably worse than the physical crap, once you experience both first hand. Some may disagree though.

Opiates and Benzodiazepines are the best for stimulant come-downs. I actually prefer Opiates many of the times because it gets you high.

Personally, id insuffulate 30mg oxycontin... and i may swallow a few kpins or some valium for good measure ;)

I'd snort some OC's, but all I have is Percocet/Oxycodone, and haven't looked at how to get rid of the APAP enough to do it yet. Need to do that.

i cant do coke w/o opiates...the only hitrng iv found that takes the feinding feelign away. if you dont want to combine the highs then just take some when your ready to stop doing coke(like anyones ever ready todo that) and you shouild be fine in 30min

deprenyl is supposed to be effective for coke comedown.. perhaps somebody with exp could tell.

Opioids are great for smoothing out a coke comedown, but they wont help you sleep, at least IME. Get some benzos for that. If all that was available was hydrocodone after a night of coke, I'd probably take ~80-100mg, but I have somewhat of a tolerance. If you have low tolerance to opioids 20mg will probably suffice, but it might leave you wanting a little more.

this may be late in the game but oh well.

how are opiates "better" for coke crashes than benzos or weed? do you mean that they are more effective and have the most power when it comes to killing the crash feeling, or that they make you feel not just better than crashing but good?

because that's all i can think of. it's certainly not safer.

don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, but it's got to be true that mixing any opiates/opioids with any stimulants is at best unhealthy (all drug use is, but this ups the ante to some degree), and depending on doses/tolerance, it could be extremely dangerous or even deadly. i say this mostly because i read things like "opiates work the best", and i realize that most people on here aren't morons and are educated enough to not overdose and/or die, but i immediately think of inexperienced uneducated people reading that and taking more of something or somethings than they should and having anything from a shitty experience to something much worse.

and i realize that what most people consider or recommend as a decent dose of whatever opiate to use for a coke comedown is unlikely to seriously hurt anyone... but i just think it should be said that while opiates may (for many) be the most effective comedown cure, they're not the safest, and they could carry some unpleasant effects (some people don't mind nausea or puking, but i for one would rather eat my own head than puke). i wouldn't say i'm against the idea, but i'd say there are safer ways, and that you should be experienced with both drugs separately beforehand.

weed is a safe way to come down. you can smoke until you're unable to pick up a bowl and you're not going to die from it, so it's not dangerous (not healthy, but more safe than other things). however, it could cause anxiety/paranoia.

benzos. very excellent comedown, and also safe to mix with stimulants. i prefer klonopin, but that's probably b/c i've been prescribed it for years and xanax and valium seem very weak in comparison. but for people with a low benzo tolerance, even a very small dose of any benzo will help, and with minimal, if any, negative effects (the worst i've experienced or even heard of is sleepiness or dizziness).

i've also heard alcohol works well. maybe it does, but how the fuck people can drink on or soon after being on coke baffles me. i can drink nothing but water on coke. and even if i could handle flavor, i'd imagine it would immediately inspire an urge to vomit. and it's not safe. don't get me wrong; experienced users know what they can handle and can drink to come down and be okay (that doesn't make it healthy, but it means they know how not to overdose). but you have to be very experienced with both, separately and together, i think, to use alcohol as a comedown for stimulants. stimulants mask alcohol's effects, making it far easier to drink too much, which can lead to anything from being sick to doing something stupid to serious health problems. also, drugs do enough to the body and namely liver; adding alcohol is just bad news. alcohol in general is bad news, but i really don't think it's a good coke comedown cure, at least not with any regularity.

i'm sorry this is so long, i have a lot to say on the subject of coke and crashes and cures, because i'm always searching for the best and safest ways to stop a comedown. i mean, benzos and weed help, but i'm very benzo-tolerant (i've been prescribed 2-3mg of klonopin a day for years; to feel anything from them -- as in, to feel high, instead of just feeling not-panicky, which my regular dose does fine for -- i have to take 3-6mg, depending on how much i've been taking lately and if there's anything in my system that would dull its effects... like stimulants, obviously, so klonopin helps to an extent but i can't really take like 7 of the things to combat a crash), and weed helps in some ways but in other ways it sucks -- it makes the already shitty drymouth worse, it makes my throat hurt (and it usually does already if the stimulant is coke), it can cause anxiety/panic/dizziness. i've taken trazadone for crashes in the past with some success but i dislike that drug in general so i don't want to use that.

i guess you just have to suck it up and realize that if you're one of the lucky people who suffer bad crashes from coke, short of knocking yourself out, you're going to get some shitty after effects. but god it sucks.

I'm wondering how hydrocodone and other opiates will smooth out the comedown of cocaine.

It works like a charm. Just about the best substance that you can use to come off a cocaine high. Benzodiazepines also work but if you have opioids, I would go with those. It is very safe so don't worry about health issues.

how many mg of Hydro's would you all take? I will probably take 15-20 mg or so, but I'm wondering if more is required to make things slightly more enjoyable again.

Take note that I have a tolerance. Although I would need something like 100mg+ to catch a buzz from hydrocodone (without methadone), I wouldn't need to take as much for a stimulant comedown, which includes cocaine. A dose of 50mg would smooth my comedown very nicely. I don't need to use my usual dose of hydrocodone to come down from cocaine. But I don't think that you would need anything more than 15-25mg. If you wanted to have a very nice comedown without any negative symptoms and still feel very enjoyable the rest of the night, 25mg might put you on a nice cloud.

Marijuana isn't the greatest thing to use for a cocaine comedown as if you smoke it too soon after sniffing your last line, it may just bring back the high and make the comedown harder and you may have to kep doing it over and over. If you are going to smoke pot for the comedown, you better wait about an hour (or more) after your last line. Its much more convenient using opioids or benzodiazepines. Personally, I think that alprazolam works just as good as any opioid for a cocaine comedown. Benzodiazepines actually work better if you are looking for immediate sleep after the comedown.

Psilo707 said:

the coke comedown is not so much pain, as it is "Holy Shit I need more!!". It messes with you to the max psychologically.

Hm, SWIM once felt SO crap (with every line the good feeling would last less long and he'd been drinking all night prior to doing the first line of an 8 hour binge at 4am) that he acually didn't finish what was left on the window sill when he just started feeling like shit at around noon . . . it lay there for 4 days ntil he felt good enough to even clear it away for the next weekend... brr... he didn't use for months after that. And he had no benzos to help him out.... no fun at all.

I'd have to echo what K'dOut said...very good advice. And if you can combine some hydrocodone with some alprazolam (adjusting each one to compensate for tolerance/potentiation), this would probably be perfect (at least IMHO)...:\

Status
Not open for further replies.