Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

tripping at raves

sephrioth

Bluelighter
umm i havent tripped before, and im considering tripping at a rave on new years eve, ive got a bit of experience with other drugs, been doing mdma for 2 years now, weed, gas etc

i have a few friends that candy flipped at a rave, and it was thier first time tripping, and said it was the best nite of thier life

can neone give me some advice?

usually it's probably best to have acid at home in a comfortable, safe, controlled environment the first couple of times. acid can be lots of fun at parties (or just walking the streets), but it can also be pretty intense, especially if you're still a bit uncertain about it. basically, if you're going to trip, then keep your acid dose pretty low, because remember you can't un-eat acid ;) probably have no more than half a trip (assuming decent strength trips) and you *probably* wouldn't have any problems (of course, there are no guarantees!). i usually find candyflipping "cleans up" the acid, anyway, and makes it more manageable. this might not be true for you, so be careful.

basically, if you decide to try it, then make sure not to have too much (acid is much more full-on than pills).
have fun!

Hi Sephrioth - After taking quite a few lsd trips - let me give you a little bit of friendly advice...

Try acid at home first or somewhere where you feel safe. Dont underestimate how strong/mind bending the experience will be! Respect the drug and create a safe/cool place where you can chill if you need to.

Personally I couldnt think of anywhere worse to take my first trip...If you lost your friends or the music started to do your head in - it would be a very full on environment to try and deal with.

Sorry to come across as sounding negative but about 8 years ago I took a very close friend to her first rave and she dropped some acid that night. She didnt react well to the drug experience and I spent the rest of my heavily tripping night trying to help her stay in charge of her trip - very harrowing and awful experience for both of us :(

Stick to the pills for raving, at least until you get your head used to the whole lsd experience. Its a completely different ballgame but one that is nevertheless just as much fun in the right environment!

Hi sephrioth, as an MDMA / Acid / 2cb user for the last.... wow, 11 years (time flys when you are having fun) i can't really add much to the already good advice you've been given except maybe to say... have you candyflipped already? (you said your friends had) if not, that's probably the best way to start... at least that way you'll be familar with alot of the sensations.

Just remember, acid is more powerful than E, and normally takes alot longer to kick in... if you feel nothing an hour after to take your trip, wait another 45 minutes before CONSIDERING taking anymore.

good luck, have fun, be safe!

:)

thanks for the advice guys!
would e help get over the fear, paranoia, anxiety aspects of acid? because i tend to really overcome these things on e (as most do :)) but i would say i would have overcome them as they were only mild. i was just curious as to whether u could use it as a preventative to the negative aspects of lsd

^^
yes it does. but like others said, its probly best to try it for the first time in a more comfortable environment, where u have more control over stimuli etc. otherwise, things might get very overwhelming too quickly.

dont underestimate acid. I will never forget my first tabs.
Dropped One..... after about 3 hours of extreme fun, nothing too intense... thought WOW this is great... about 5 of us all in a secure environment. thought FUCK IT... this rocks........ so I dropped another....... ill leave it there... but im happy to still be alive.

just remember, they last ALOT longer than MDMA.

is it hard to act normal like at 18 hrs after dropping?

cause im meeting my gf's parents for the first time nyd, how fucked is that

I would have to agree with all the above advice.
Its your first time, do it somewhere safe and comfortable.
I am experienced with acid, and it is my drug of choice, but still, whenever I am trying something new, I always try it at home in the company of friends first. Basically because you never really know what your in for, every trip can be different from the last.
Acid is very diff from MDMA, and depending on how much you have and at what strength it really can dump you on your arse.
Taking MDMA with acid for the first time is also not a good idea IMHO, when your experienceing a new chem I think its important to really feel what it is doing to you, and this isnt possible when your are loading with other chems at the same time.
Raves can also be very daunting and overwhelming when on acid I have found.
Your friends had a great time when they candy flipped, but acid is also very personal, and you can never use the rule "they liked it, it worked well for them, so I should be fine"
Either way, I hope you have a fantastic and memorable NYE whatever you decide to do!

:)

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, i hope im not! lol, ill be having it around the 11ish pm mark, probably meeting them the next afternoon im hoping

is it hard to act normal under that sorta conditions? im not gonna start talking metaphorically and shit am i? lol, hahahah i remember reading a lsd FAQ that said that if u ask someone thier age and they reply with "as old as the river" or someother metaphorical answer, u can assume they are on acid

you may want to think about taking it ALOT earlier. like by a good 3 hours.

I dont take the stuff often, but everytime I have. its lasted a good 10 hours.

i cant do it earlier, otherwise im keen to trip in the car with my mum :S hahaha, that would be interesting

Once again, these are not easy questions to answer because it depends alot on the strength of the acid and the fact that because you have never tripped before you really dont know how its going to affect you.
I always find that I am usually still feeling certain effects from the acid until I finally decide to sleep.

Maybe it was a "shiiiiiiit i gotta re-evaluate" kinda thing. The "Tone" of typing is even more subjective than verbal communicaiton....

Yeh, I have to say.

Forget everything I have said...go ahead, take the acid and enjoy it, I don't think you ever intended not to.

You asked advise on whether you should do this or not.
Almost every response has told you that it might not be a good idea, it doesn't seem to have deterred you at all.
I for one, do feel as though I have wasted my time.

^^^ Hey relax guy, he was asking for oppinions, not for a yes/no answer. He's going to make up his own mind after looking for experianced trippers experiances.
I think the hostility is a little overboard.

Also, typing on this thing is sometimes tough to tell how people are wording their sentances.