Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I want to get Serotonin Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xherrus

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

I am interested in taking some sort of drug to interact with my Zoloft that will hopefully allow me at attain the happy, drunken, confused euphoric state that occurs when one is afflicted with serotonin syndrome. What would be best for this, perhaps a MAOI and some MDMA?

I am aware that this is a dangerous idea as these combinations are stongly contraindicated, but I like the idea of taking a gamble to attain the "ultimate high." I am desperate. Please don't patronise or attempt to antagonise me, I would just like honest replies to my question. All such replies will be most appreciated.

- Xherrus

seretonin syndrome is neither happy nor euphoric, it's fucking confused and you feel terribly sick from it.....

the only feeling of drunkeness is when your legs give out from under you and you can't walk..... this is not fun, it's fucking scary trying to get up but u are shaking so much you can't.....

also consider the permanent blood pressure damage you may get.....

IMO this thread will be locked in about five seconds. It goes against everything BL stands for.
On Xmas of all days.

SS is one of the worst things imaginable. I accidentally gave myself what was a moderate case after postloading with Aropax (paroextine) too close to the conclusion of my roll.

I have never felt so sick - almost like i would die. Because of this i have never attempted an SSRI postload again - despite them being of benefit if done correctly.

Im sorry but i cannot respond to your post without antagonism.

Biscuit << How dare you.

I believe people should respect free speech.

^ well then shouldn't that respect of "free speech" also apply to Biscuit?

risk of lifetime damage for a temporary high!

You want serotonin syndrome like you want a hole in the head, its as dangerous as playing with high doses of PMA. I don't think the thread needs to be locked because you are obviously in need of advice and need to be educated on the massive risk, and possible long term damage you can cause for a temporary high. I urge you not to fuck with your body in this way, and read about serotonin syndrome and how damaging it is to someone suffering from it - you can die!

Hmmm... I wonder, since Aurorix (Moclobemide) considerably enhances and extends the MDMA high (a slight risk, but well worth taking as an experiment) would an SSRI such as Zoloft protect my brain against some of the risk?? Come on guys, I am really intent on doing this combo. Please just give me honest and non-patronising replies. Let's all just chill, there seems to be a lot of anger in this discussion for some reason.

- Xherrus

I think that all the replies given have been honest. Buscuit and rm1x gave you what I can only assume was their personal account of SS, and Cowboy tried to tell you it isnt a good thing and it can kill you. What is not honest about that?

If you've just come here to have everyone tell you "its safe" and "go right ahead", then I personally think you have come to the wrong place.

If on a harm reduction message board, all the advice given is negative towards your chosen combination, then I could safely say, keep the fuck away from that combination.

I dont pretend to know shit about shit, but from the looks of it, SS may not be a good thing?

Have you tried erowid for some references/experiences to SS?

Edit {Spelling}

Originally posted by Xherrus
..a slight risk, but well worth taking as an experiment..

A slight risk? Do you know why everyone is being so adamant about you not doing it? Do you think that you are the only one under estimating the danger of what your planning on doing? I don't think your going to hear what you want to hear, you know it's dangerous, no one is going to condone it.

...would an SSRI such as Zoloft protect my brain against some of the risk??

SSRI's have a greater affinity to the reuptake transporter than MDMA. Taking an SSRI with MDMA inhibits the ability of MDMA to release serotonin as the SSRI basically blocks it. Have a read of the Dancesafe , "Your brain on ecstasy" slideshow for more information on exactly how that works. That is not even taking into consideration that you want to use an MAOI, SSRI and MDMA at once!

Please just give me honest and non-patronising replies. Let's all just chill, there seems to be a lot of anger in this discussion for some reason.

I did give you a non patronising reply. There is a lot of anger because of your stupidity. You are playing with fire and can permanently damage your brain!

from this post:
Originally posted by *=Regulator=*
I did it, went to hospital screaming in the back of an ambulance.... (seriously) don't fuck with this combo

For more information read this and especially this!

Serotonin Syndrome is a potentially fatal condition, with symptoms and complications of EUPHORIA, drowsiness, sustained rapid eye movement, overreaction of the reflexes, rapid muscle contraction and relaxation in the ankle causing abnormal movements of the foot, clumsiness, restlessness, feeling DRUNK and DIZZY, muscle contraction and relaxation in the jaw, sweating, intoxication, muscle twitching, rigidity, high body temperature, frequent mental status changes (including confusion and hypomania - a "HAPPY DRUNK" state), shivering, diarrhea, loss of consciousness and death. (The Serotonin Syndrome, AM J PSYCHIATRY, June 1991, from http://members.aol.com/atracyphd/syndrome.htm).
- Taken from Derowid

Cowboy Mac << with regard to the warning post about combining Aurorix (Moclobemides) and MDMA, "blah blah blah (the potentially fatal) serotonin syndrome blah blah blah," note the word "potentially." This means I could just as easily survive, and since I am relatively fit, do not use any real hardcore drugs and can metabolise many poisons that could easily kill other people, I think I will be just fine.

Cowboy Mac << with regard to the warning post about combining Aurorix (Moclobemides) and MDMA, "blah blah blah (the potentially fatal) serotonin syndrome blah blah blah," note the word "potentially."

You have already made up your mind to dismiss any advice, why is anyone wasting their breath. Why don't you just delete the thread and go and do it.

This means I could just as easily survive, and since I am relatively fit, do not use any real hardcore drugs and can metabolise many poisons that could easily kill other people, I think I will be just fine.

I am fairly certain [maybe superbabydoc or drplatypus can tell us] that your fitness level has very little to do with the chance of your brain being damaged from this chemical combination. It isn't an endurance race, it is a chemical change in your brain, is your brain fit? It is as likely to happen to you as anyone. You might have a better chance of coming out alive, but it is a change in your brain.

I am simply asking for advice on the effects of the drug combination. I am dismissing the advice on safety because frankly I think it will be no use to me. I am determined to go on this helter-skelter ride because I believe that we must spend our lives searching for something that will bring us to one peak moment of joy and understanding. Thus I want to experience the awesome "Perma-roll" (Moclobemide + MDMA).

There is no way to escape make your time. Almost time for me to use Perma-roll to travel back in time.

- Xherrus

All drug use is about risk. Sites like bluelight, dancesafe, and pillreports help us reduce this risk.

The risk of combining these two drugs seems very high, given all the linkage by Cowboy Mac.

Can you show anything that gives *positive* references to SS besides eurphoria and being drunk and dizzy? This doesnt seem like the ultimate high to me. I can think of much easier and far arguably safer ways to get high.

I dont mean to be mean or seem immature, but are you ok emotionally? It just seems to me that you have a subconcious death wish.

Like I said, I dont want to seem an arsehole, but when someone insists on trying something this hazardous after so much evidence suggesting its danger, it makes me think they may be trying to hurt themselves.

Ok, well as for the reason for taking the combination, I have read about Aurorix (Moclobemide) + MDMA combining to "increase the peak" and extend the duration of the high. One user said: "I was one of the lucky ones who played russian roulette and won... I was incredibly high for about 5 hours." (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55808&highlight=aurorix)

Someone on the same post said: "This is an example of drug knowledge gone mad- intentionally combining two chemicals you know are seriously contra-indicated." I beg to differ... I think this is drug knowledge put to its best use... attaining the high of a lifetime.

As for the question of my emotional stability, I believe that I have the will-power and strength required to survive the massive high unscathed, and am undertaking it as somewhat of a "tour de force" as well as a wonderful entheogenic experience.

I am also interested in re-exploring a very special part of my previous MDMA trips: the feeling of having travelled back in time. I have a hunch this combination would invoke that cherished feeling better than ever before. I hope to be another of the lucky ones who "played Russian Roulette and won."

- Xherrus

lock the thread, its a waste of time. Has no relevance anymore to harm minimisation. He said it himself, he wants to play russian roullette.

Dude maybe just play it for real then. Ya might get same buzz if u win/live.

Beech out

beech << dude, how dare you. Have a bit of respect for your fellow chatters. You fill me with rage.

Besides, this thread was never about harm minimisation, it was about the effects and practicability of the drug combination, and I did not wish for any antagonism in the discussion either.

- Xherrus :mad:

I am also interested in re-exploring a very special part of my previous MDMA trips: the feeling of having travelled back in time. I have a hunch this combination would invoke that cherished feeling better than ever before.

Want to travel back in time? Try DMT, not MDMA and Moclobemide.

Xherrus said:
Besides, this thread was never about harm minimisation, it was about the effects and practicability of the drug combination

Well this whole message board is about harm minimisation, so maybe you should dicuss this somewhere else with people who are willing to sit back and just let to act excessively dangerous to get a high.

dude basically you want to gain knowledge on something so you can quite possibly harm yourself. what relevance does this have to the purpose of HM. You can generally link most threads to HM in some way.
Oh yeah and if you think being physically fit will assist you in getting through taking the combination of drugs you wish to then I'd say think again. Health, fitness and physical education is my field of expertise. And like Cowboy_Mac said, its not a physical reaction relating to your fitness, its a chemical reaction in your brain. By the sound of the way your talking it doesn't sound like you would be mentally strong enough to endure the experience. Please dont take that as a personal attack on you. Its just an observation.

Beech out

beech << ok fair enough, fair enough... I understand your point about Harm Minimisation, but my wish is to approach the question from a purely scientific point of view so as to gain a thorough understanding of how this drug combo works. I don't "get" how that sort of inquiry could be at all irrelevant in the Bluelight forums, since it is based on impartiality and careful, sane discussion. Surely you must feel the need for some sanity in these degenerate forums.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimity: "maybe you should dicuss this somewhere else with people who are willing to sit back and just let to act excessively dangerous to get a high."

By Golly, you must tell me where I can do that if you know of any such forum or website; if not, please let's put an end to this rage and hatemongering that plagues these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.